Welcome to The Hairy Bear: The Witcher Off-Topic [Archived]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I do hope everybody had a nice weekend.*Rambling mode on*Let it be known that I, the glorious and omnipotent Leader of the world, banish everything that remotely has to do with the French Revolution, Math (with the exception of addition and subtraction), colleges, Honors Program and the book Anthills of the Savannah by Chinua Achebe.For the record, that is a horribly written book! While being sinteresting with the portrayal of an fictional african country, the writing is rather painfull to read.I might be biased though, as this is the 5th time I have to read it for my end exams of the Cambridge Testing.*Rambling off*On a side note, I like the Russian Revolution. And cats.And Rasputin.And Greek people.Did I mention Cats?Oh and lovely, sweet sleep. ZzZZzZZZzZZzZZZZZZZ...............zzz

Cats are pretty awesome.On a less important note: Happy [late] Zombie Jesus Day!I just forgot what I was going to say. I hate when that happens...I hate hot weather. [Winter kept us warm/ Covering Earth in forgetful snow]. Yeah, I like Christmas better. No hot weather, my place of employment isn't open on Christmas, and I get a longer break. But then again, Zombie Jesus Day does mean the school year is almost over. But I hate hot weather...

TheSilver said:
My hard-boiled eggs never turn out good. :dead:I try to eat it and half of it sticks to the shell...
Something I've heard helps (never tried it): After boiling the eggs, place them in cold water. The rapid cooling will, supposedly, cause the egg to contract away from the shell, making it easier to peel later.Hardboiled eggs are good, but devilled eggs are better :)
TheSilver said:
Geralt of Rivia # 400-billion or so... Just saying hello! I may not ever post again, but hey atleast here's once!
Welcome to the forum :beer:
TheSilver said:
Let it be known that I, the glorious and omnipotent Leader of the world, banish everything that remotely has to do with the French Revolution, Math (with the exception of addition and subtraction), colleges, Honors Program and the book Anthills of the Savannah by Chinua Achebe.For the record, that is a horribly written book! While being sinteresting with the portrayal of an fictional african country, the writing is rather painfull to read.
Can't be much worse than anything written by Melville ;)

PetraSilie said:
Silver I prefer Easter to Christmas, I don't like christmas, it's has degenerate to a stupid commercial event, the bigger and the more expensive the presents, the better. And I don't like the cold and dark season. On Easter holidays the present madness is not so excessive and the weather is much better. At least overhere this year. Spring is there and after a long Winter you can finally go out 8)
Amen! I knew you don't like Christmas from the very moment i saw your image with the hanging Santas. :D I don't like Christmas either, that's why i liked that image so much. Easter on the other hand... sets my faithlessness in danger. It is much more better, in fact, it has nothing to do with Christmas. It's very mystic and i love the season too. It's the celebration of the Spring, of Life upon Death!
I prefer Easter to Christmas for one and only reason my First name is Lampros
And now i have to make it clear instead of you, eh? :p OK, here it is: The name Lampros comes from "Lampri", which is the name we traditionally call the Easter. The more common word is Pasha (

ArtreriGreyjoy said:
Cats are pretty awesome.On a less important note: Happy [late] Zombie Jesus Day!I just forgot what I was going to say. I hate when that happens...I hate hot weather. [Winter kept us warm/ Covering Earth in forgetful snow]. Yeah, I like Christmas better. No hot weather, my place of employment isn't open on Christmas, and I get a longer break. But then again, Zombie Jesus Day does mean the school year is almost over. But I hate hot weather...
I like hot weather... I mean, not too hot when it's sticky and I hardly can breathe but I like warm weather... Summer and Spring when the nature wakes up.I see you are from California... you have quite often hot weather. You should suffer a lot. Maybe you like to visit one of our moderators one day. Outcast, he is from Siberia... I would die there

I'm currently right on the border between California's bay area (which is generally nice and cool... and rain a lot) and Cailfornia's central valley (which is too dratting hot). So... it rains a lot here and it's too hot. Luckily, though, I'm moving to San Luis Obispo, which is right along the coast and is rarely hot. =)Once I get my degree I'm planning on moving to Canada.. or Norway... Norway is nice, too.

ArtreriGreyjoy said:
I'm currently right on the border between California's bay area (which is generally nice and cool... and rain a lot) and Cailfornia's central valley (which is too dratting hot). So... it rains a lot here and it's too hot. Luckily, though, I'm moving to San Luis Obispo, which is right along the coast and is rarely hot. =)Once I get my degree I'm planning on moving to Canada.. or Norway... Norway is nice, too.
If you indeed move here in Canada or even Norway, be sure to get a Mester in showeling snow.... you will us that skill up to a point where you will want to move anywhere in the Sahara desert. Better save some skill points and put them in Showel handling when time will come :)

Ok, about the egg thing:First off, the fresher the egg is when you get it, the easier it is to use.Second, if the egg is room temperature when you start to boil it, it will work better.Third, for the dreaded green yolk ring, bring the eggs to a boil slowly and then don't over-boil them. The green ring is caused by oxidized sulfur leaching from the albumin in the egg white, onto the surface of the yolk, so it's not harmful, just nasty looking.Fourth, after boiling, run the pan under tepid water, not cold, so that the eggs gradually cool. If you want to crack them when they're still warm, that's ok, but this will make it better if you decide to refrigerate before peeling. (like if you wait a day or two after boiling to use them)

Thanks Treasa, I'll try that fond when I find time.On a different note, I just tried out a little new program!And I am rather fond of it now :teeth:I'll not spend time explaining awkwardly what it does, but simply give you folks a link:http://bumptop.com/Now I want a Witcher theme...P.s. My current desktop is attached.P.P.S. Sorry for the bad image quality...

Been playing with this the whole day.Currently I have a gallery of the seven Endless at one wall :teeth:Rather fun...... Inspiration struck!I'll be back with something fun ;)

I prefer Easter to Christmas for one and only reason my First name is Lampros
And now i have to make it clear instead of you, eh? :p OK, here it is: The name Lampros comes from "Lampri", which is the name we traditionally call the Easter. The more common word is Pasha (

An amusing bar-related music video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q85rPq1u9sc Toby Keith's 'I Love This Bar'. Yes, it's country, so I know some folks won't like it. But the video (to me at least) is hilarious. Particularly what the bikers do to the yuppie throughout it, and the contents of the hitchhiker's backpack ;D

So apparently our Canadian friends are multipling.And this time those bugge..... ähmm, beavers, are doing non-natrual.Possibly hundreds of thousand of people might "Wake up Canadian" on April 17.... ähmm, today that is.
The April 17 amendment to Canada's Citizenship Act automatically restores Canadian nationality to many people forced to renounce it when they became citizens of another country. It also grants citizenship to their children.
-- Source--http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123993183347727843.html

Good marrow feudal age friends, I am McCarrick. My home (was) the Dawn of War 2 Community forums. Sense the beta release, its been over crowded with idiot newbies who dont know the difference between trolls and white knights. Never the less, I didnt notice an introduction area so I am welcoming my self here. Hope you dont mind. :wave:Anything a newbie should no?

Welcome McCarrick, it is as good place as any to join our community :beer:Hope You'll have fun here, maybe You can draw or make any other art? You can show us it :)Just look over the forum, You should see how it works, if You have any questions, most of users will gladly help You :) Do not hesitate to PM mods too - they know the most about the forum I think :DFeel like in home here :peace:

McCarrick said:
Good marrow feudal age friends, I am McCarrick. My home (was) the Dawn of War 2 Community forums. Sense the beta release, its been over crowded with idiot newbies who dont know the difference between trolls and white knights. Never the less, I didnt notice an introduction area so I am welcoming my self here. Hope you dont mind. :wave:Anything a newbie should no?
Welcome :beer:

McCarrick said:
1 thing you should know, sit down and relax, this is really one of the most helpful and mature community, everyone here can do something for you.If you need anything, we will be there for you :) Welcome home !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom