What game are you currently playing

+
Replaying the first Dragon's Dogma. Only got to vocation selection so far, but pawns are already starting to annoy me. :LOL:

"Strength in numbers, Arisen!"

If memory serves, there is an option to turn off pawns' voicelines, but they are more amusing than annoying, so I'll keep them.

Replaying the first Dragon's Dogma. Only got to vocation selection so far, but pawns are already starting to annoy me. :LOL:

If memory serves, there is an option to turn off pawns' voicelines, but they are more amusing than annoying, so I'll keep them.

Come on. The pawns interacting is the best part.

They're even more intense in the second game. Both positively and negatively.

Without spoiling anything for anyone, they can even get lippy with the Arisen under certain circumstances. Even refusing to obey. The whole purpose of their existence.

They're even more intense in the second game. Both positively and negatively.
In comparison with "usual" games companions, the best with pawns in DD2, it's the fact you will never what will happen. Something great, good, bad, really bad, funny or truly hilarious.
Thank you. That confirms my first impressions. Kicked it already from my watch list. Perhaps i´ll take another look if on sale.
Ok... I change a bit my opinion... again. So now DD2 is right in the middle of BG3 and Bethesda games!
I though I completed the game/story, but in fact I didn't. I missed a bunch of content and also several side quests... More than I would imagine :D

In comparison with "usual" games companions, the best with pawns in DD2, it's the fact you will never what will happen. Something great, good, bad, really bad, funny or truly hilarious.

Absolutely.

It's like I said in a previous post. Dragon's Dogma games shine through their gameplay. Very similarly to Souls games.

A large part of that is how in depth the pawn system is. Your choice of pawns can drastically change your experience.

Ok... I change a bit my opinion... again. So now DD2 is right in the middle of BG3 and Bethesda games!
I though I completed the game/story, but in fact I didn't. I missed a bunch of content and also several side quests... More than I would imagine :D

I was genuinely surprised when I read your previous post about this. My experience was wildly different.

That's the thing a lot of newcomers are having trouble with the game right now. There isn't really anything like Dragon's Dogma games out there. It's hard to draw hard comparisons to other games and people who haven't played the first game are coming in with specific expectations that really aren't in-line with what the game is meant to be.

The game simply doesn't hold your hand at all and, unlike the overwhelming majority of RPGs, that is also true of it's main quest. You can miss out on a LOT if you don't go out and explore or try things. You can screw up the main quest, you can miss out on major quest questlines that tie into the main quest, side stories, advanced vocations and more if you try to experience this as a typical RPG experience. Some quests are completely locked out until you improve relations with a specific NPC(s) and the game only gives you very broad instructions on how to do that, it'll never tell you when.

A lot of people are just now finding out that there are romances in the game. The game just doesn't explicitly tell you. It's up to you to find out. It's true of many other things in the game. There are paths you can open by using various environmental objects, the game will never tell you about those but you can open huuuuuge areas to explore.

It's really all about trying stuff and thinking outside of the box. Something as benign as a pile of rocks by the roadside can be indicative that there is something more there but most people are used to today's more straightforward RPG experience and will just walk past them.

There is a lot of content in this game, it's really just a matter of going out and finding it.

Absolutely.

It's like I said in a previous post. Dragon's Dogma games shine through their gameplay. Very similarly to Souls games.

A large part of that is how in depth the pawn system is. Your choice of pawns can drastically change your experience.

I was genuinely surprised when I read your previous post about this. My experience was wildly different.

That's the thing a lot of newcomers are having trouble with the game right now. There isn't really anything like Dragon's Dogma games out there. It's hard to draw hard comparisons to other games and people who haven't played the first game are coming in with specific expectations that really aren't in-line with what the game is meant to be.

The game simply doesn't hold your hand at all and, unlike the overwhelming majority of RPGs, that is also true of it's main quest. You can miss out on a LOT if you don't go out and explore or try things. You can screw up the main quest, you can miss out on major quest questlines that tie into the main quest, side stories, advanced vocations and more if you try to experience this as a typical RPG experience. Some quests are completely locked out until you improve relations with a specific NPC(s) and the game only gives you very broad instructions on how to do that, it'll never tell you when.

A lot of people are just now finding out that there are romances in the game. The game just doesn't explicitly tell you. It's up to you to find out. It's true of many other things in the game. There are paths you can open by using various environmental objects, the game will never tell you about those but you can open huuuuuge areas to explore.

It's really all about trying stuff and thinking outside of the box. Something as benign as a pile of rocks by the roadside can be indicative that there is something more there but most people are used to today's more straightforward RPG experience and will just walk past them.

There is a lot of content in this game, it's really just a matter of going out and finding it.
Some quests are not directly added to your journal. A random NPC gives you some informations and you actually have to visit the location to trigger the quest. You can easily miss a quest if you forgot what the NPC said :D
So I wasn't surprised about side quests I missed, hence my NG+ but about :
The "true" ending.
After beating the dragon the first time, I talked to the pathfinder who bring me back to the dragon fight, so I defeated the dragon again, I sat on the throne and let the credits rolls, convinced I finished the main story...
I wouldn't never though that I missed such a big chunk of content in the Unmoored World.
Pretty awesome. So I dropped my NG+ and started over :D

Last edited:
I though I completed the game/story, but in fact I didn't. I missed a bunch of content and also several side quests... More than I would imagine
O.K. And can you say how that happened? A specialty of the game itself, not pointing out these story elements? Carelessness? Randomness?

Last edited:
O.K. And can you say how that happened? A specialty of the game itself, not pointing out these story elements? Carelessness? Randomness?
I can't say without big spoilers, but it's simply rather "hidden" and to be honest, I would never found it by myself :D
If you really want to know :
There are a "bad ending" and a "good ending" which both end the game "right away" (I did the good ending).
But there is also a "True Ending" which extend the main story significantly (also add new enemies, stuffs, quests, bosses,...)
-----------
I installed an update for ARK Survival Acsended without paying attention and I noticed my drive was almost full, less than 5% free space remaining... And yes, Wildcard added Scortched Earth to the game, which is very nice.
I really hope they will continue and also add Aberration which is the most gorgeous map is you ask me. I don't see the "alternative/modded" maps like Ragnarock being added anyway, but if all official maps are in the game, it will be great enough :)
ARK_ Survival Ascended-2024_04_05-00_39_25.jpeg

I'm having a blast with Star Citizen for the last couple of weeks. Somtimes I do get frustrated by some bugs and desyncs but the game is so immersive. I'm doing mainly bounty hunting and mercenary work, but I also do salvage work which gives me around 3 mil per hour.

It's so cool that you can travel towards planets, without cutscene's or loadings, raid some criminal outposts, fly to a other planet, kill some bounties, fly back to a station to restock and start raiding or killing or stuff.

Can't wait for the new UI in patch 3.23 aswell. The UI is now kinda bad.

mainly playing just two games currently

Cyberpunk 2077
Deep Rock Galactic: Survivor

I also have Deep Rock Galactic but haven't really gotten into it yet. Bought it when it went on sale because enjoyed Survivor, but it's not really the same type of game and playing with others when just learning is not fun because some players can be pretty toxic.

Cyberpunk. Maybe 3000 hours. After ~2000 I stopped using Steam so I dont know exact number. I have installed Witcher 3. Played it about 10 hours. 3rd person games are not for me. Well... I got witcher sword and clothes to Cyberpunk. Waiting Fallout 4 update. I hope quick slot keys are not hard coded anymore. Played Fallout 4 over 2000 and Skyrim over 3000 hours.

Is Starfield good?

Is Starfield good?
Depend what "good" means for you. I played a bit more than 1K hours and I enjoyed it for what it is. To be honest, I prefer Starfield to Fallout and Skyrim... But it's just me who prefer sci-fi and space than post-apo and medieval fantasy :)
After I play on Series X, so on PC, with better performances and above all, with mods, I guess it should be even better.

Yes, scifi is good. Still remember first Deus Ex and System Shock. Medieval fantasy can be good, if combat is well done. Skyrim was fine, but Oblivion wasnt. Levelling enemies and annoying weapon fixing.

Does spaceflight support joystick? No hard coded keybinds (Bethesda seems to like them)?

Yes, scifi is good. Still remember first Deus Ex and System Shock. Medieval fantasy can be good, if combat is well done. Skyrim was fine, but Oblivion wasnt. Levelling enemies and annoying weapon fixing.

Does spaceflight support joystick? No hard coded keybinds (Bethesda seems to like them)?

As far as I know, the only hardcoded keybinds are with Outpost building.

I guess Joystick would work but you'd have to look around for confirmation.

As for the game itself. It's exactly what you would expect from a Bethesda game. A so-so story set in a huge world with decent gameplay mechanics. Mods will make the game shine in due time. For now, it's a decent game. Modding tools aren't out yet so modding isn't incredible yet but it'll get there.

Top Bottom