what happened

+
So, i haven't played this game in about 2 years. I log in, and all my armor pieces seems to have been nerfed or are gone.
My talents have been reset, and i can't exactly remeber my build.
The game is laggy on the map and after closing it.
Some times there is big white light on the screen.
So in 2 years, the game haven't seem to improve, might even be worse. And you expect people to buy an expansion

Um, with patch 1.5 the talents got reset. The problem isn't the game. Might be your mods if you have any installed and haven't updated them or your settings are borked. The game has improved greatly in two years. Not perfect, but to say it's gotten worse is incorrect.

And the expansion is OPTIONAL, my dude.

Um, with patch 1.5 the talents got reset. The problem isn't the game. Might be your mods if you have any installed and haven't updated them or your settings are borked. The game has improved greatly in two years. Not perfect, but to say it's gotten worse is incorrect.

And the expansion is OPTIONAL, my dude.

I have no mod. And I hadn't changed the settings since i stopped playing. So they did make it worse
[Sard Edit: Please remember Rule 1. Respect and Kindness while posting]. Just defending the companies that keep doing a poor job.

The game has been extensively patched and modified over the last 2 years. If you want to play it, delete your entire game directory and download a fresh install.

Just tells me what a joke it is

Last edited by a moderator:
I have no mod. And I hadn't changed the settings since i stopped playing. So they did make it worse
Ah, you are one of those types of people. Just defending the companies that keep doing a poor job.

Just tells me what a joke it is
I cannot speak for others and while I have sympathy that you are having a worse time, in my experience since playing from the start, the game did improve a lot imo. I never had a bad experience with the game.

Sorry that you are experiencing some difficulties but the majority seems to hardly disagree, that "NOTHING improved" or ir "got worse".

Just to stop you from calling me, someone that defends the company no matter what, I openly critisized the game when it was warranted.

Hope you find a solution to your problems soon and enjoy this game as much as I did

My talents have been reset, and i can't exactly remeber my build.
It's intended, since they reworked the skill trees and perk with the 1.5 update.
So perks you selected previously could either no longer exist or either were modified in a way that you won't have any use of them.
The same will happen with the next 2.0 update. They reworked skill trees, perks and attributes so much that even attribute points will be reseted.
I log in, and all my armor pieces seems to have been nerfed or are gone.
Again, many changes have been made to clothes.
Mod slots are no longer random, mods can only be installed on clothes of their correspondant rarity or higher, some mod can only be installed on one piece of clothes (like only on head, face, torso, boot,...)
Some times there is big white light on the screen.
If while existing theinventory or the map, I think it's a known bug/issue (it's like if the whole game ajust the light). Let's hope it will be fixed in the next update.
The game is laggy on the map and after closing it.
Does it happen on a new save/new playthrough?
If you loaded a very old save (like pre-1.5), chances are that you will encounter some issues.

Just defending the companies that keep doing a poor job.
I'm going to politely ask that you not make assumptions about me. I'm not defending anything by telling you the truth, that they have been spending the past couple of years fixing things. They're not doing a poor job because you're having problems. That's a very childish stance. I'm sorry you are and would suggest a fresh install and putting in a ticket with CDPR if the problem persists.

Last edited by a moderator:
My gear were of higher quality with mode than 1 slot. Now most is either gone, or white and with 1-2, when before they had up to 4
Post automatically merged:

I'm going to politely ask that you not make assumptions about me. I'm not defending anything by telling you the truth, that they have been spending the past couple of years fixing things. They're not doing a poor job because you're having problems. That's a very childish stance. I'm sorry you are and would suggest a fresh install and putting in a ticket with CDPR if the problem persists.

It is not a childish stance to say they haven't improved the game, since nothing seems to have gotten better for me. I shouldn't have to reinstall the game, or do a complete replay of the game, just to be able to not have issues, with the little extra content they added

My gear were of higher quality with mode than 1 slot. Now most is either gone, or white and with 1-2, when before they had up to 4
Yep, that's an intended change...
Clothes have now a defined and fix number of mod slots (no randomization anymore). Boots for example only have one mod slot, the same for glasses or head clothes. Outer and Inner torso only have two mod slots.

I came back recently and found the game to have improved 10 fold.
The game is fantastic compared to what it was at launch.
Not sure why you are getting so many issues, maybe drop a ticket to CDPR to see if they can fix the problem.

Post automatically merged:

It is not a childish stance to say they haven't improved the game, since nothing seems to have gotten better for me. I shouldn't have to reinstall the game, or do a complete replay of the game, just to be able to not have issues, with the little extra content they added
If you are having problems, then put in a ticket with CDPR and see if they can help you figure out what's going on. That's all you can do.

You're playing on a save game that was started several versions older. They have made many revisions to the game and most people have agreed that those changes/revisions are much better than the game previously was.

Now I am sorry if you're having difficulty and not enjoying the game, or if you'd prefer not to restart from the beginning and continue that save (which you can still do just need to adjust your build) But honestly this whole take is a bad one. You not being aware of publicly stated changes, recommendations and which game version you're playing on does not mean CDPR messed up or the game is "Worse".

This game launched in a pretty bad state and depending on platform/system specs was outright unplayable for some, Calling CDPR out for that is totally valid, but since the launch they have honestly put in a ton of work, and done a lot of fence mending with the community and most people agree that it's worked.

Everything has been massively improved, from stability issues to core systems, and the 2.0 Update is going to have many more changes including reworked combat AI, vehicle combat, reworked cyberware and Perks, and the perk rework will require a respec of current perks as well as a one time (I think optional) Attribute respec. SO my suggestion is either 1.) wait for the 2.0 update (Just the free update not the paid expansion part) and start a new game, to really get into the changes and improvements. or 2.) Just don't play CP, maybe the game just is not for you since most people would see the changes as a net positive, It's ok. if you don't like it. Many feel wronged by the launch and think the game is past saving, or at least isn't going the direction they wanted, and that is valid but CDPR are definitely trying.

Top Bottom