Reset Attributes more than once without a mod on PC and console

+
It looks like this has been posted a few times before but hopefully CDPR seeing more posts with this topic will let them know how much we really want it.

I tried this game when it launched, then 3-4 more times and I could never get past the intro missions to the title screen. I was able to do that with 2.0. I heard so much about all the changes to the game, character, wardrobe, etc.

One thing I cannot figure out with all the player customization, is that you can only reset your attributes one time. That makes zero sense based on how many other changes have been made to allow character customization.

What if I wanted to try a full stealth build, or a full netrunner/tech build, or a straight up melee beatdown build as I'm progressing through the game and story? Adding it into the worldbuilding like a ripperdoc would totally work. With how our cyberware is now our armor, it would be so easy to create another option at the ripperdoc to reset attribute points. If CDPR wanted to limit it, they could add a really costly fee to it, like $50k, $100k, or something.

I'm loving the game and story now but disliking the lack of freedom to try different builds.

Just my 2 cents.

• Reason why they made respec available is not really for player's freedom, but due to 2.0 reworks and changes.
  • Reason why they restricted it though is for immersion and story purposes, because Cyberpunk is a very immersive story-driven game in which attributes are the very definition of who V is as a person in Night City, which have an effect in both dialogues and environmental checks.
So by being able to constantly reset V would not only ruin the definition of V as a character throughout the story, but also invalidate all the attribute checks in the game by respeccing any time there's an attribute check that can't be passed.

Personally speaking they should have never allowed respec at all, instead should have just restarted the attributes automatically for 2.0.

• Reason why they made respec available is not really for player's freedom, but due to 2.0 reworks and changes.
  • Reason why they restricted it though is for immersion and story purposes, because Cyberpunk is a very immersive story-driven game in which attributes are the very definition of who V is as a person in Night City, which have an effect in both dialogues and environmental checks.
So by being able to constantly reset V would not only ruin the definition of V as a character throughout the story, but also invalidate all the attribute checks in the game by respeccing any time there's an attribute check that can't be passed.

Personally speaking they should have never allowed respec at all, instead should have just restarted the attributes automatically for 2.0.

It's arguably invalidation to allow someone to instantly move "perk" points on the fly - dumping perks to reallocate on the fly from one combat scenario to the next, especially when not previously utilized despite being down the same attribute sector.

I can't imagine someone telling me it was a validation based decision when I'm pinching off bottom tier perk(s) for car hacking when uneeded... or components, lol. But sure, w/e.

how much we really want it.
There is no we! Nobody but you is asking for infinite respec of attributes.
There are already crap loads of attribute points that you can nearly max 4 full attribute trees, even if you make a mistake, you could swap from say a body build to a reflex build just swapping your cyberware, weapons and playstyle in the same game!

When i want to roll another build, i would just make a new game.
Why would I want to respec my build after I have done loads of content as the original build.
Fair enough if you make a mistake you can reset once (or more times if you just make a manual save right there before you respec and save scum) so there is always that option, though remaking your build to try a different build after you have done loads of content as a different build is just stupid.

The only real issue is that having to farm and earn all the materials for your subsequent playthrough is tedious.
Having a sort of NG+ where your money and materials transfer over to each playthrough would be better and less tedious on the player.
That being said, I only plan to have a OP meta save once, where I am looting everything, loads of materials etc.
On other playthroughs I would rather just make my certain build weapons upgraded and that is that, so it doesn't really take my looting or purchasing to get to the point where the build has what it needs.

You are not alone. It's a single player RPG and I don't always have 50-100 hours to replay a game just to respec.

If there was more impact from the decisions you made then, I could, maybe, understand not having this widely used single player RPG [setting] feature, encouraging replay.

478hrs played at time of post w56/57 achievements. 57 is an Orbital fight away.

These people are to jaded to have this discussion cause you are 100% correct cyberpunk is one of if not the most grindy game I have ever played and with no new game plus and only 1 regenerating quest which means there is no reliable way to earn a disposable income I can't even begin to contemplate starting over a new game and having to grind for Eddie's and crafting materials and having to re purchase my cars, apartments, cyberware, crafting specs and weapon mods and clothing for the transmog system starting from scratch is not an option for me so the fact that you can only respec once is unforgivable especially since their are a ton of locations that have special iconic weapons that will be forever locked off if u don't have the right build this game is so close to being a masterpiece all it needs now is infinite respecs, a few more activities you can do with your love interests like going out clubbing and dinner dates and getting drunk at a bar as well as ending the night with a happy ending sleepover not sure why CDPR suddenly got so prude when they already broke so many glass ceilings when it comes to adult content like I can shower with my love interest but we can't sleep together after wtf and they just need to make assault in progress missions regenerate and u can pick up these regenerating jobs by contacting fixers like Regina

They also made a character system with such complexity that it is almost impossible for a new player starting out to correctly spend their attribute points for the build they want without watching hour-long tutorial videos. And even with that sort of research, it is doubtful whether one can tell which high-level playstyle you will enjoy the most without ever trying it.

If the character system were less impactful in terms of gameplay style, or just more simple and obvious, it couid do without respecs. Another option would be uncoupling the combat-related aspects of the character systems from those aspects that determine things like which doors you can hack, and which conversation options you have.

But the current system is trying to have it's cake and eat it, to the detriment of the player.

Why not just add respec to a fixer at a high cost to player' say 1m eddies. That way long time players can respec instead of playing game from the start. Not all of us have 100s of hours to spare and if you dont like the idea of respecting then ignore it. Playing cyberpunk 2077 it's fun to try different things not be locked down one respec sucks

cyberpunk is one of if not the most grindy game
excuse me? this is a joke right?... :oops: where is the need of grind in this game?... its not like CP has a loot system which has 0,001% dropchances or similar compared to endless other rpgs/adventures... if you need weeks of grind to obtain one specific item or ingame currency thats another story but in CP? i dont see any grind or need of it at all in this game... this game throws everything it has on you in a single playthrough by just going through main- & sidequests.. is that "grindy"? not at all...

Last edited:
I didn't say it was grindy those where you're words fella. There are so meany games out there' not all of us want to start new game over and over

I didn't say it was grindy those where you're words fella. There are so meany games out there' not all of us want to start new game over and over
That's something adding New Game+ could fix so I'd prefer they do that. It's baffling why they haven't. I don't think we need resetting attributes. That would just cheapen the player experience.

excuse me? this is a joke right?... :oops: where is the need of grind in this game?... its not like CP has a loot system which has 0,001% dropchances or similar compared to endless other rpgs/adventures... if you need weeks of grind to obtain one specific item or ingame currency thats another story but in CP? i dont see any grind or need of it at all in this game... this game throws everything it has on you in a single playthrough by just going through main- & sidequests.. is that "grindy"? not at all...
There is something to grind. As a netrunner as I spend some time grinding quickhack damage + ram recovery for neutralizing the enemy bonuses in every cyberware item. Combined it returns 4 additional RAM for each kill and gives 50% more quickhacks damage.

Top Bottom