What kind of secrets do you expect in Night City?

+
What kind of secrets do you expect in Night City?

Say you are now in the future, playing the game, roaming the streets of Night City. Then, as you go through a dark alley, you discover a small hole in the wall. You look in and you see a secret room. What do you expect to find as a secret?

people buying illegal augmentations or weapons or technology, drugs, information, etc
or terrorists, guilds, syndicates planning attacks on companies or something like that
or a supply depot for artificial intelligence,
or the concept art for cyberpunk 2077 that didn't make it into the game
i don't know, the possibilities are endless
robots or cyborgs that gone mad

evidence of the corruption of the police department

a max tac agent interrogating a cyberpunk girl to know why she sliced a lot of people in the street

Great ideas.

Personally, I am a person that loves variety of pickups (as I 've previously stated before), so my guess would be a forgotten loot crate with an electronic lock. With some further investigation, you discover that the crate contains cool tech that was meant to be smuggled and the smuggle never happened due to the fixer responsive for the delivery being killed. So you pop that lock and discover cool hardware from the old times, like a pair of Big Knucks, a digital recording link, some wires, a worn armor leather and a right leg with 2 chips embedded. Carrying all of that will be very heavy, so you have to make a choice. You eventually check your inventory and realize that your equipment is slightly better (being all new and modern), but the chips on that leg are classics and are hard to find in today's market, so you decide to take those.

On your way out, you realize there is something more in the left corner, but its hidden by darkness. You move closer and you find the fixer that was responsible for the smuggle. Or, at least whatever is left from him.

I don't really know what could be a good "secret", but first of all I'd want the character build to affect whether or not the character spots some crack on the wall or what ever. For me half of the fun in discovery is that I found it because I built the right kind of perceptive PC. The "Hey, I didn't know this was here or that could be done" feel when I trudge through a scene with a different character than previously.

Going through someones trash and spotting nothing, but having invested in the awareness skill and I have a chance of finding something there.
Looking at a wall having invested in the awareness skill and a manipulatable crack might be spotted (highlighted).
Checking a grate under a drainage pipe with enough awareness might reveal something someone has dropped.
Stuff like that.

Last edited:
I'd like paranoia agents. Like if you're walking around night city and suddenly the phone rings, you pick it up and someone addresses you then hangs up. Was it real or did someone slip you stimms? It'd be interesting to constantly question if someone is on your case, if the game is glitching or if that's the essence of high tech, low life in this city.

Forum veteran
A hidden secret could be the remnants of magic. I mean come on if Ciri traveled to this world, she's bound to bring more than swords with her. ;)
Of course, her super-magical status is the result of her blood, so "remnants of magic" can reasonably be understood to mean "lots and lots of blood spatter."

I, for one, wholeheartedly endorse your idea of having an ashen-haired corpse covered in blood.

Of course, her super-magical status is the result of her blood, so "remnants of magic" can reasonably be understood to mean "lots and lots of blood spatter."

I, for one, wholeheartedly endorse your idea of having an ashen-haired corpse covered in blood.
Not sure I'd care for finding her corpse but I could handle a couple blood stains.

Given she was there for half a year along with Mr. "Whose side you 're on?", then I would assume the easiest way to make an Easter egg would be to have an NPC to mention her briefly, in the same sense that Ciri mentions Cyberpunk in Witcher 3. Or maybe a photo somewhere, which you can interact and see close (player could say "face looks familiar").

Maybe some wino raving about horned men riding flaming horses thru the air chasing a white haired goddess?

I was more referring to actual secrets that affect the experience rather than some funny moment or simple reference to another game or person.
My focus is on additional game content that is hidden from the player and stashed somewhere for him to find.
Something MGS series extra costumes or equipment, Fallout 4 Alien Blaster, Borderlands' crazy secret weaponry, Super Mario or Crash Bandicoot's secret levels and worlds

A few examples:

Don't watch the second video if you don't want spoilers for the games listed below:

Shenmue
Nier
Heavy Rain
Metal Gear Solid 3
Shadow Complex
Far Cry 4
Singularity
Pikmin
Tekken 5
Silent Hill 2

EDIT: I just realized that I posted the same comment twice. I would appreciate if its deleted from the other thread about dream RPG.

Last edited:
Top Bottom