+
Gameplay reveal showed this for a few seconds. The Tabs are:

Codex: Give me Lore or give me Death
Quests: Quest log
Bio Monitor: Health?
Inventory: Inventory
GPS: Where am I?
Crafting: This game has crafting???
Social: ??????????????????????????????????????????????????

social.jpg

What social features could they possibly have in a single player narrative driven RPG?

humm..social..

Maybe something like in Saint Row ? a phone to contact peoples you met ? or the Fixer ? or companions ?

Don't think it's multiplayer related, figure it's just for contacts.

But it could be. Either way, it won't be in on launch, unless they were BSing us.

Syware

Forum regular
Like fishing or playing games. But this setting is in futuristic cyberpunk setting so cyberpunk social things.

Yeah, almost certain that Social is for the calls, since we saw in the gameplay on HUD, that many people called V for her phone and I believe that why it exists the tab Social.

Yeah, almost certain that Social is for the calls, since we saw in the gameplay on HUD, that many people called V for her phone and I believe that why it exists the tab Social.
social.jpg

Calls are pulled up with the d-pad. The player from the demo never enters the menu to call Stout. It actually looks like a contact list you can scroll through.

Last edited:
Yeah, good screenshot from the demo, we can actually see pretty well the actions that we can have while in call!

Nice spot! I scoured around a bit and if I had to guess, I would say relations, romances, and street cred.

Relations:
The social tab might help you track how many of your friends resent you/are dead. Maybe the fixers and ripper docs you have access to will be located here?
So you can definitely expect that a character might die based on one of your decisions (even if at some point you thought you were doing the right thing - as in real life, sometimes things spiral out of control), or start to resent you based on your behavior.

Romances:
The quote below is a transcription of a question about romance answered by @Benzenzimmern.
Will romance options be with only select characters or will I be able to walk up randomly to anyone in the street and start a romance with them?

PW: Romance options are very much treated like in the Witcher 3. Aside from one night stands, we want the romances in the game to have well fleshed out characters and story behind them.

Street cred
:
This one talks about how street cred will be a general indicator of your reputation with factions.
Can we join a faction like the psycho squad?

July 1/18 Vattier: "Freedom is the biggest value for cyberpunks, so they wouldn't permanently join any faction. In the game you will be able to work for various factions, but it won't be possible to join them ... We're not planning to introduce any reputation indicators for factions. Your reputation will be measured by a general Street Cred - reflecting how you're seen by the street. You will be able to increase it through side missions and it will allow you to unlock access to additional content, such as new shops or new missions."

A couple other things I noticed that might be relevant were the "cool" stat and the message panel!

A couple other things I noticed that might be relevant were the "cool" stat and the message panel!
Bingo.

This the only thing it could reasonably be, a place to check messages and interact other NPCs. I wonder how far they'll take this? Could range from a simple message hub, to a fully in world social media site.

Personally I'd like to see pseudo-conversations like we saw in the first .HACK game back in the day. You'd get emails from other 'players' and have a choice of three responses to email back. Their responses would change accordingly.

Top Bottom