What's up with the monks?

+
In the game play reveal we see the Bhikkhu monks several times. I expect the game will have a lot of different people with a lot of different philosophies, I'm just curious why it seems like these monks are so common?

Is it just coincidence that we crossed their path a couple of times or has there been a significant uptick in their numbers, and are they the same as Bhikkhu monks we see today? Somewhat related, did you catch any other philosophical group in the trailer/gameplay or are you hoping for any particular religion/philosophy/cult/etc to be in the game?

In the game play reveal we see the Bhikkhu monks several times. I expect the game will have a lot of different people with a lot of different philosophies, I'm just curious why it seems like these monks are so common?

Is it just coincidence that we crossed their path a couple of times or has there been a significant uptick in their numbers, and are they the same as Bhikkhu monks we see today? Somewhat related, did you catch any other philosophical group in the trailer/gameplay or are you hoping for any particular religion/philosophy/cult/etc to be in the game?

I'm glad someone else noticed that they're Bhikkus and not Hare Krishna dudes. Hare Krishna dudes don't dress like that. At least not in India as far as I'm aware. As for their purpose in the city, maybe they're body purists? They didn't seem to have any augments when I paused the trailer to zoom in on them. It would be nice to be able to help these monks in-game. I like the idea of relics walking around in a dystopian futuristic city.

I'm glad someone else noticed that they're Bhikkus and not Hare Krishna dudes. Hare Krishna dudes don't dress like that. At least not in India as far as I'm aware. As for their purpose in the city, maybe they're body purists? They didn't seem to have any augments when I paused the trailer to zoom in on them. It would be nice to be able to help these monks in-game. I like the idea of relics walking around in a dystopian futuristic city.
They definitely have augmentations. At least, the one on the subway at the start of the trailer did.

Easy to miss, have to pause at the right time.

Suppose it could have just been some sort of adhesive glasses, though.

I really hope we find out one way or the other, they seem very intentional so I bet we will.

I was kind of thinking that maybe they've seen an increase because of the increase in poverty, if you are out there begging for "alms" already, and someone says you can find comfort in doing this as a religious practice instead of necessity, it probably isn't a tough sell. Then these sorts of things are typically pretty encompassing so I could see it being related to cyberware, technology in general, etc and just wanting to connect to something more natural or spiritual. Whether or not they are represented in the game, I bet Wiccans, Pagans, & Neo-Tribal beliefs have seen a significant increase.

They definitely have augmentations. At least, the one on the subway at the start of the trailer did.

Easy to miss, have to pause at the right time.

Suppose it could have just been some sort of adhesive glasses, though.
Oh yeah, he does! Looks external, though. Could be just glasses like you said.

In history it is displayed over and over again that religions are a success when there is a big portion of a society feels left out or feeling worthless by the people in power.

They need to have something bigger then themselves to believe in. They want to be a part of something bigger.

Guest 4211861

It's California, buddhism is big there, they use it to calm their conscience about what they're doing to the World in the labs in Silicon Valley

Must be something to do with multi-culturalism, Asians fit to Cyberpunk thats a fact, like a nose to head.

Top Bottom