Xbox Series S digital copy will not upgrade past 1.61

+
Hi
I have an Xbox series S digital copy of Cyber[punk 2077 purchased the first week in December 2023, I have been playing for 2 months and have now realized I am running version 1.61, I have uninstalled the software and reinstalled with the same results of version 1.61, any ideas on how to fix this problem as my understanding is the new generation of console should be running 2.1. I only discovered this problem when I tried to install Phantom Liberty and it informed me I couldn’t install it on this system.
Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

That is very weird... You're not even on the last version pre-2.0 too. That was 1.63

Outside of saying "put it in a ticket with CDPR here":

I don't have much to offer since I'm on PC. Perhaps trying to clear your cache?

Other than that all I can do is mention @LeKill3rFou so he gets a notification. He's probably the most helpful Xbox player on these boards. Maybe he has something for you.

That is very weird... You're not even on the last version pre-2.0 too. That was 1.63
yeah thats really weird 1.61 tho was the last patch for old gen versions.... it seems like OPs system runs the xbox one-old gen version.... if i remember right someone else also had the exact same issue with his xbox series s not long ago.... maybe @LeKill3rFou remembered that one as well... since hes on xbox-plattform he might have an idea if or how the other one solved the issue...

Last edited:
Ok, that's strange :(

Just to be sure, you are on a Xbox Series S and not an Xbox One S?
Because knowing :
- Microsoft is doing absolutely everything to prevent players from playing anything other than the latest version of games (either you apply the last update or you have to play offline).
- In the Xbox store, Cyberpunk have only "one download". There isn't a old gen or new gen games (unlike for very few games). The store display/install only the version according to the console generation you use.
maybe @LeKill3rFou remembered that one as well...
Yeah but if I remember, it was a physical copy on Xbox Series S, which is also strange knowning Series S don't have a disc drive :(

Hi
I don’t know if this helps
I did have a Xbox one S and the DVD version of Cyberpunk 2077 but have not used it for over a year
Last year I purchased Xbox One Series S as it has no disk dive I had to purchase a new digital version of Cyberpunk 2077, I know I am not offline as for I test I removed and reinstalled the digital version and it is still at 1.61
The other games I play online all update fine, this is a frustrating mystery to me why it is not updating

xbox.jpg
IMG_1858.JPG

Post automatically merged:

I don't know if this helps
IMG_1859.JPG

Last edited:
Hi
I did have a Xbox one S and the DVD version of Cyberpunk 2077 but have not used it for over a year
Last year I purchased Xbox One Series S as it has no disk dive I had to purchase a new digital version of Cyberpunk 2077, I know I am not offline as for I test I removed and reinstalled the digital version and it is still at 1.61
The other games I play online all update fine, this is a frustrating mystery to me why it is not updating

View attachment 11381992View attachment 11381995
Post automatically merged:

I don't know if this helpsView attachment 11381998

It seems your system is still under the impression you have only the last-gen version. Are you a 100% certain you bought the next-gen version? I'm asking because if I take a quick look at the Xbox store through Google, I can easily see someone accidentally buying the Xbox one version even if they intended to buy the next-gen version. Does the Xbox store automatically adjust to your console when you get on the store? (I'mma learn some Xbox stuff while I'm here).

I can also see the ultimate version specifies it's only available to Series S/X.

I can also find multiple events of people buying the last gen version of a game instead of the Xbox series S/X version. In which case it's just a matter of requesting a refund, explaining why and buying the new one.

Maybe that's it?

Hi
Ok, so you have a Xbox One S (the previous generation of console) and not a Xbox Series S.
- Old gen > Last version 1.61 : Xbox One / Xbox One S / Xbox One X
- Next/new gen > Last version 2.0+ : Xbox Series S / Xbox Series X

So it's "normal". You have the last version of the game available and playable on your console, which is 1.61. Version 2.0+ of the game and the expansion (Phantom Liberty) require either a Xbox Series S or a Xbox Series X.

Nothing you can do, except buying a new console.

Last edited:
Ok, so you have a Xbox One S (the previous generation of console) and not a Xbox Series S.
- Old gen > Last version 1.61 : Xbox One / Xbox One S / Xbox One X
- Next/new gen > Last version 2.0+ : Xbox Series S / Xbox Series X

So it's "normal". You have the last version of the game available and playable on your console, which is 1.61. Version 2.0+ of the game and the expansion (Phantom Liberty) require either a Xbox Series S or a Xbox Series X.

Nothing you can do, except buying a new console.

Ah!
Eeeeh, I totally missed that friggin' bright white screenshot :facepalm:

Not my proudest moment, immortalized here.

When i go to Order history and click on Cyberpunk 2077 , it send we to the screen below and it says Optimized for Xbox Series X/S
Screenshot 2024-01-26 203112.jpg

When i go to Order history and click on Cyberpunk 2077 , it send we to the screen below and it says Optimized for Xbox Series X/SView attachment 11382001

Yeah, the game is optimized for, but you don't have a Xbox Series S or Xbox Series X, you have a Xbox One S.
If you buy and dowload the game, depending of the console you use (Xbox One or Xbox Series), it will download the last version available > 1.61 on Xbox One and currently, 2.1 on Xbox Series.
On the store, there is one "package". If you buy Cyberpunk, you have access to the Xbox One version (1.61) and also, the Xbox Series S/X version.

Last edited:
If you look at the previous note I do have a Xbox One Series S i purchased a new one last year , as far as i can work out for some reason the software does not think it is running on a Xbox One Series S when it is

If you look at the previous note I do have a Xbox One Series S i purchased a new one last year , as far as i can work out for some reason the software does not think it is running on a Xbox One Series S when it is

I thought it was a mistake in your earlier post but I don't think it is now.

You're not reading @LeKill3rFou's post correctly.

There is no such thing as an Xbox One Series S.

There is an Xbox One S and there is an Xbox Series S. Let's avoid any further confusion.

Do you have this:

1706322905508.png

Or do you have this:

1706322729817.png

If it's the top one, you have an Xbox One S and that is last generation's Xbox. Which would mean you are effectively on the latest patch you can be and everything is working as it should.

If it's the bottom picture, there is definitely something wrong but it's not with the game. Unless there is some setting you can change, and @LeKill3rFou is in a much better position than I to help you on that, chances are your best shot is by communicating with Microsoft because your entire system believes you are on the wrong system.

There is an Xbox One S and there is an Xbox Series S. Let's avoid any further confusion.

Do you have this:

1706322905508.png

Or do you have this:

1706322729817.png
According to this screenshot, I have no doubt, it's a One S :)

To complete @GrimReaper801 post, here the list of box (last and current generation).
Xbox "One", which exist in three versions
- Xbox One
- Xbox One S (the one you have)
- Xbox One X
Xbox "Series", which exist in two versions (an half)
- Xbox Series S (white 500GB / black 1TB)
- Xbox Series X

So the name might be missleading, but according to your screenshot, you don't have an Xbox Series S, you have the previous generation of Xbox, an Xbox One S (which doesn't support any Cyberpunk version higher than 1.61).

According to this screenshot, I have no doubt, it's a One S :)

To complete @GrimReaper801 post, here the list of box (last and current generation).
Xbox "One", which exist in three versions
- Xbox One
- Xbox One S (the one you have)
- Xbox One X
Xbox "Series", which exist in two versions (an half)
- Xbox Series S (white 500GB / black 1TB)
- Xbox Series X

So the name might be missleading, but according to your screenshot, you don't have an Xbox Series S, you have the previous generation of Xbox, an Xbox One S (which doesn't support any Cyberpunk version higher than 1.61).

Oh, I agree, it really looks that way but I did find some reported issues of this type dating from around the launch date of the Series S/X.

Something about importing settings from an Xbox One or it's serial remaining on people's account. I figured it was worth clarifying which system the OP has just in case.

Top Bottom