Xbox Series X fan noise

+
When playing Cyberpunk my Xbox Series X fan noise increases dramatically, to the point i actually hear it. This is the only game that my Xbox does this with! It has nothing to do with dust because i clean my console regularly. After playing for a few minutes my Xbox starts off like normal as it has always done, but then 5 minutes into a play session my fan noise goes berserk. This hasn't happened until recently so i hope it can be fixed.

Try CP on performance mode if it's not already. Turn off some of the graphics options.
I haven't played CP for quite some time, so I can't say if it's happening to mine too.
Think of the console like a PC, basically, the less the system has to do, the happier it is.

Yes, it's a demanding game. As patches release, and the graphical engine undergoes various different methods of optimizing and tweaking, these sorts of things can change.

Performance mode is an option, as stated.

Another, is to be sure that you have the console in spot where it can easily breathe. If it's in a narrow slot in an entertainment center, or blocked by other things where it sits, try to ensure that there are 4 inches of open air in all directions.

If you're using a display that has a very high refresh rate, switch it to something lower -- 144 Hz or below would be my suggestion.

Aside from that, you can send in a ticket to CDPR Support:

Last edited:
Yes, it's a demanding game. As patches release, and the graphical engine undergoes various different methods of optimizing and tweaking, these sorts of things can change.

Another, is to be sure that you have the console in spot where it can easily breathe. If it's in a narrow slot in an entertainment center, or blocked by other things where it sits, try to ensure that there are 4 inches of open air in all directions.

If you're using a display that has a very high refresh rate, switch it to something lower -- 144 Hz or below would be my suggestion.

I recently just brought the Phantom Liberty Expansion and installed the 10.1 MB download from the Xbox Store, so I'm thinking its in preparation for when it launches 9/26 and that its probably demanding so that will actually be how my Xbox will run the game. Before downloading when my version was just on 1.6.3 I had no issues with it.
Post automatically merged:

I recently just brought the Phantom Liberty Expansion and installed the 10.1 MB download from the Xbox Store, so I'm thinking its in preparation for when it launches 9/26 and that its probably demanding so that will actually be how my Xbox will run the game. Before downloading when my version was just on 1.6.3 I had no issues with it.

I'm on Series X, but I didn't really played in 1.63 for long (and only in performance mode).
So I could try on my side in case.
Which mode you play and how long it take for the fan goes crazy?

I'm on Series X, but I didn't really played in 1.63 for long (and only in performance mode).
So I could try on my side in case.
Which mode you play and how long it take for the fan goes crazy?
I play on performance mode because 30fps is just not worth it to me to only get Ray Traced shadows. I stay around V's megabuilding apartment and travel around Tom's Diner and the marketplace near and the fan pumps up to levels no other game has made it go to.

I play on performance mode because 30fps is just not worth it to me to only get Ray Traced shadows. I stay around V's megabuilding apartment and travel around Tom's Diner and the marketplace near and the fan pumps up to levels no other game has made it go to.
Ok, I'll check ;)
On side note, I never encountered any game yet which make the fan turn fast enough to even hear it :)

Ok, I'll check ;)
On side note, I never encountered any game yet which make the fan turn fast enough to even hear it :)
Thanks and me neither, with this being the exception. That's why i came here to see if anyone else has the problem. My Series X is the quietest console ive owned and ive had every iteration of Xbox as well as Playstation. I did clear my persistent storage today and power cycled my Xbox and the problem did go away. Very pleased as it has gone back to normal :)

Thanks and me neither, with this being the exception. That's why i came here to see if anyone else has the problem. My Series X is the quietest console ive owned and ive had every iteration of Xbox as well as Playstation. I did clear my persistent storage today and power cycled my Xbox and the problem did go away. Very pleased as it has gone back to normal :)
Yep for sure, Series X is very quiet... Like night and day compared to my previous XB1x, to the point I'm now used to pass my hand above to verify how hot is the console.
Glad you manage to resolve it the issue. Maybe something goes wrong while updating the game or in the cache. I'll try anyway and in case it happen to me, I know what to do :)
Post automatically merged:

So I played about 1 hour, in both performance and quality mode, wandering around V's apartment, Tom's Diner, Cherry Blossom Market, killing some dudes here and there and no problem for me :)

Last edited:
Just some additional notes:

1.) Different regions of the world will have Xbox hardware that is different from other regions. They'll all be exactly the same specs, but they are not all identical components. Just like computers, different hardware and firmware will have mileage that may vary.

2.) If you're experiencing fans that are spinning up like a jet engine, include that info when you send in a ticket to CDPR Support. It certainly sounds as if people are seeing behavior that was not intended.

Top Bottom