Your Counters to the new Cards

+
What are your counters or reactions if you face some of the new decks or cards (besides of heatwaving, yen invoc and forfeiting)?

I just played against sticky situation and damn this card is unbelievably dumb. I tried killing the units beside it with little sucess.

DRK3

Forum veteran
What are your counters or reactions if you face some of the new decks or cards (besides of heatwaving, yen invoc and forfeiting)?

I just played against sticky situation and damn this card is unbelievably dumb. I tried killing the units beside it with little sucess.
Sticky situation is a great card R1, average R2, and terrible R3, so your opponents will likely want to play it R1. I dont know what deck / faction you're using, but try to avoid triggering Sticky situation on R1, by using units bigger than 4pt, specials or artefacts (remember spawning units is not the same as playing, and spawning wont trigger sticky situation)

I might add that, after trying to make Sticky Situation work, I am much less fearful of the card. In addition to what DRK3 suggests, my best advice is to respond strategically. Unless you can match 4 or more point per turn engine value, playing into Sticky Situation is a bad idea. You will over commit and likely still end the round unfavorably. Fortunately, Sticky Situation is a slow starter — it takes about 3 rounds to set up the necessary board state. This time is typically very low tempo and fails to establish any value for future rounds. Immediate passes (often requiring an opponent to use multiple cards to catch up) are usually effective responses.

Top Bottom