The Forlorn Hope: Cyberpunk Off-Topic

+
I know that there has been a lot of crap posted out there about C.P. 2077. Some say it's been scrapped, others say it's been delayed, others still say that it's still underway....What's the deal? Am I wasting my time waiting for, in MY humble opinion, what should be one of the most anticipated games EVER?

RLKing1969;n9288981 said:
I know that there has been a lot of crap posted out there about C.P. 2077. Some say it's been scrapped, others say it's been delayed, others still say that it's still underway....What's the deal? Am I wasting my time waiting for, in MY humble opinion, what should be one of the most anticipated games EVER?

I have no idea who is saying those things. Ignore them from now on.

It's absolutely underway and well underway. CDPR said years ago they are avoiding the hype until they are good and ready.

And also, expect that it could maybe be as much as 3 years befor it comes out.

I base that on how often CDPR has released their Witcher games... + that CP2077 is something compleatly new to them (having only done fantasy games befor, where the protagonist was a fixed character... where as CP2077 obviously is sci-fi, and where the player is going to get to create their own character)... + the game is also apperantly going to be a lot bigger then even Witcher 3 (I am not sure this actually means larger maps when looked at from above, but more so I am guessing that we will have more space to explore in a vertical sence, seeing as we are going to have a lot of very tall buildings that we might get to go into and explore)... which would in my mind put CP2077's release somewhere in the range of 2019-2020.

Also... it would be a bit apt for them to release it in 2020 as well, seeing as CP2077 is based on the pen and paper rpg "Cyberpunk 2020". XD

Anyone want to talk about their favorite C.P 2020 Cyber packages? Personally, I like to keep my selections cool but subdued. A pair of cyberoptics with Targeting scope, low light vision, telescopic vision and Dodgeball along with a neuralware processor, a smartgun link, some "mag spots", a speed booster (Sandevistan/w/ Boostmaster, of course) add in a neural bridge and you'll be smoking fools like Chow Yun Fat in no time flat.

Initially I would go for someone without Cyberware all together.

And for most characters I will probably only go for 1 or 2, maybe 3, things. Depends on what it is really... basicly, at most 3 small things, or 1 big thing (I don't know what 1 big thing would be... if that would be a single arm, or both maybe... or what ever).

And with characters I make that do have a bit more Cyberware, with them I would still go somewhat held back on it, where he would at most have a few of them, or two big ones (it comes down to that he would still mostly have his humanity left).

The full borg kind of a character would be something I only played an extremely limited amount of times... for the most part these characters would probably more be a throw-away type of character, that I only played for the sake of playing such a character... where it would not really matter in the end if they died or not, atleast to me.

Limited cyberware for me as well. A character that is so maxed out on cyberware would become a one trick pony in short order and become a bore to play in the long term. I want my character to progress and evolve organically (said with a straight face) over time and hopefully prove to be a person to be reckoned with in the end.

Suhiira;n9300721 said:
I, for one, have no desire to play a borg. CP is ultimately about people not technology.

>not siding with the machines in the great war against humanity

You can still switch sides when there's still time left :p

This is today's theme. Satuday night's theme:

[video=youtube;hGY44DIQb-A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGY44DIQb-A[/video]

Last edited:
The ragged looking old gamer walks into the bar, eyeing the surroundings with an almost predatory intensity. Skulking across the room, he heads to the bar, orders a beer and heads toward the battered, abused Video jukebox, punches in some ancient N.I.N. The classic sound of "Something I can never have" wafts through the smoky air as he sits with is beer, his thoughts and his memories. "Germany was a trip..."

Things look pretty dead at the old corral today. Think I need to hoist a brew. This trying to resurrect old streams is exhausting work... But it's still for my dream.:victory:

@metalmaniac21

>the year is 2004
>Bioware just gave CDPR the Aurora engine for a few bucks
>after that the engine helped CDPR in making games and becoming one of the greatest developers in the world
>now the year is 2020 and Bioware is preparing to launch their new game: Mass Effect Andromeda 2
>Cyberpunk 2077 just got released in the same week as Andromeda
>Bioware is being crushed by CDPR in sale numbers
>Bioware just noticed what they did back in 2004
>they now realise that to fix their mistake they need to either make Mass Effect a better game or build a time machine
>they pick the easy choice and start building a time machine
>Bioware's plan is to go back in time and give themselves a copy of Mass Effect Andromeda so they can launch the game earlier
>they go back in time and leave a copy of the game in their E3 room back in 2004
>they leave it there and go back to 2020
>nothing has changed
>WTF.jpg
>they go back in time to see what the hell happened
>they hide themselves behind the door and find Marcin Iwinski, CDPR's CEO, picking up the Mass Effect Andromeda copy they left there
>he takes it back to Poland to see what the hell was that game he found there
>he starts playing it and he is shocked from what he saw
>he never saw such a bad game in his entire life
>with Mass Effect Andromeda Marcin learned what not to do with his future released games
>he builds CDPR's philosophy around "what mistakes they should avoid when making video games" thanks to Andromeda's flaws
>Bioware finally realised that they're trapped in time and can't undo what they have done
>Bioware created CDPR

Last edited:
What, no love for my post about Rockers being protesters and that there should be some protest styled music on the soundtrack? I take everyone's silence as being one big "No comment." And here I thought Rockers were supposed to be AGAINST the corruption of society and the system....Silly me.:troll:

RLKing1969;n9506831 said:
What, no love for my post about Rockers being protesters and that there should be some protest styled music on the soundtrack? I take everyone's silence as being one big "No comment." And here I thought Rockers were supposed to be AGAINST the corruption of society and the system....Silly me.:troll:

It was lost amidst the BioHate.

Obviously, it was lost SOMEWHERE....(said with as much smarmy sarcasm as I can muster.). But being real, it begs to question: Have we become so hypersensitive that expressing ones views, even in the venue of a game soundtrack, that such a thing has become taboo? If this isn't a perfect example of what is wrong with the "p.c culture" and the fascism that it has created as a result, I don't know what is. It's a GAME people! A game that actually has people who aren't afraid to voice their opinions and speak their minds...even if it seems that there are few if any left in the real world, but I digress. I was also of the impression (Being a long time fan, player and GM of the PNP) that outrage and rebellion were necessary parts of the cyberpunk genre to BEGIN WITH... The "PUNK" in cyberpunk, if you will. I guess my question is this: Have we allowed all of this hypersensitive B.S (And that is exactly what is!) to rob us of being able to have opinions and feelings, just because someone might get butt hurt ? Get real! We are all human beings, not sterile "P.C" clones. My advice to all people, BE who you are and if someone doesn't like it, tell 'em to shove off.

Last edited:
yeah, i thought about wading into the culture war debate with random assholes on the internet.. but instead i decided to spend that time doing something useful! This past weekend for instance, I took an armorers course for the Kalashnikov series of rifles. fun fact, they do break some times! also, they're not all built to precise specs, so interchanging uppers and lowers from different countries causes... issues. can't wait for someone to start building/importing some 9x39 variants, always wanted a "thumper" AK :cool:

so I spent my weekend learning how fix the "unbreakable" rifle (saint Kalashnikov be praised). my question to you punks is...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbHqGqNZZ7M
http://i1.wp.com/24.media.tumblr.com...size=848%2C336

Last edited:
Top Bottom