The Forlorn Hope: Cyberpunk Off-Topic

+
Do you guys think it's worth learning to code nowadays, what with the inexorable approach of our dread AI overlords? I kind of want to, but I fear it might be a waste of time.

HUMANS: Remeber us...!

ROBOTS: Archiving.

HUMANS: You bastards...!

ROBOTS: Compressing archive. Clearing RAM.

Surely the robots will still need human tech priests to spread the Holy Gospel of the Singularity on Earth and throughout the galaxy.

Do you guys think it's worth learning to code nowadays, what with the inexorable approach of our dread AI overlords? I kind of want to, but I fear it might be a waste of time.

I thought the same thing in 1980's when there were billboards EVERYWHERE saying learn to code. I wanted to, but I thought the market would be flooded with programmers because of the heavy handed pushing the tec schools did and the repeated PSAs from the government saying the same thing.

Look at us now, I could have been making cell phone apps and raking in the money. That was the 2nd biggest mistake of my life.

LEARN TO CODE!

I eventually started teaching myself so I could make game mods but at my age now I will never be good at it.

LEARN TO CODE!

I eventually started teaching myself so I could make game mods but at my age now I will never be good at it.
I can relate to that. If I was like 10 years younger I might've given it a shot, but I'm in my mid-thirties and I'd hate to spend another decade or so learning how to be mediocre at coding. Hell, at that point coding might not even be relevant anymore...

Real-time cutscenes are vastly superior to pre-rendered ones, and this video (might qualify as a quest spoiler for RDR2, I don't know) is proof of that:

Top Bottom