PBEM Campaign - Suhiira - The Game Itself

• Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
"Lost track? The rope come loose or something?"
"Anyway, guess we wait here for Gremlin then the real fun begins!"

After about 4-5 minutes Gremlin comes into the container and starts stripping off his gear.

"Hope we don't have any confusion inside, might not end well."

Gremlin finishes stripping off his gear. "More her, my main job is getting y'all past any physical surveillance systems, alarms, or locks. But if a fight starts she's in charge, do what she tells ya, when she tells ya."

About this time Chita comes to the entry of the container but remains just outside watching the area.
"OK, till we get into their system and know for sure try to avoid radio com if at all possible, they might be monitoring. Gremlin, I'd prefer you as tail End Charlie but I'm gonna need you right behind me to deal with alarms and such. Ummm ... Hernando ... you get the job. Your main concern is watching our six and not getting left behind. Can do?"

She pauses a moment for Hernando to reply.

"Mouse, you're in the middle, so you watch our flanks, both of them."

Mouse looks a little sheepish, "Flanks?'

"The sides, I have the front, Hernando has our ass, you need to make use nothing sneaks up on our left and right."

"NO shooting unless there's no other choice, if we do this right we're in an out and they won't even know we were here."

"Gremlin, you wanna come with me? We'll make sure the door we're gonna use to get inside is unlocked and not alarmed. Rest of ya stand by inside the container here."

With that the pair leaves.
Assuming Hernando and Mouse stay in the container (Mouse does ... Hernando?) in about 10 minutes Gremlin returns to the container.
"Follow me."
Gremlin leads you to shadows behind a piece of machinery and waits, you can see a side door in the warehouse but you hunch down in the shadows. About 5 minutes pass and a two man patrol rounds the corner of the warehouse. They're not visibly armed but may have concealibles under their jackets. About a minute after the go out of sight around the other corner Gremlin says. "Come on." and leads both of you to the door and inside. Chita is waiting behind a stack of crates and motions you over, then Gremlin starts fiddling with the lock on the door.

"Hope no one is wearing hard soled shoes." Chita says quietly.

Not much activity inside the warehouse this time of night, but the place isn't empty, after all ports (thus port warehouses) generally operate on a 24-hour-a-day schedule.
You spend LOTS of time waiting for people to leave areas you want to pass thru or finding alternate routes to get where you need to go. More then once you pass thru-under-over some of the giant shelves that take up much of the warehouse. Workers open shipping containers, remove the contents, distribute it to various parts of the warehouse, then do it again with the next container.

Hernando is scanning the shelves for the box you were told to find. It's suppose to be about the size of a large sofa and the Chinese/English lettering on the outside is printed right-side-up on the longer faces and upside-down on the shorter ones. Rather an ingenious way to make your box stand out yet not draw any real attention from the shippers because they probably see mis-printed boxes all the time.

Eventually you make find several portable DataTerms (i.e. small laptops/big iPhones) plugged into a rack apparently recharging. Gremlin spends a few moments checking for anything amiss then pulls three units out of the rack and Chita leads your team to a quiet section of the warehouse. Once there Gremlin hands Hernando and Mouse each a unit and apparently the third is a spare ... just in case. Then Gremlin joins Chita standing watch while you two get to work.

Anything special you want to do before you start actually trying to hack them?

OOC: No, I will just roleplay this part.

Hernando says in a low voice to Mouse: "Hey buddy, if we survive this in one piece I invite you to eat some real food, ok?"
He then sits and put himself in the most comfortable position, takes a last look to his surroundings and then starts the business.

"Real food? I didn't know guacamole counted as food." Mouse smirks, "Thanks."
Mouse also settles into the dimly lit space between a stack of crates and the wall Chita found for you, not too many cobwebs ...

What you'll need to do is access the shipping manifests for the container number the box was in and see if it's been unloaded yet, and if so where it's contents was distributed inside the warehouse. Then you'll need to physically look for the correct box. Might be a good idea to see if any of the shipments containing any of the boxes have left the warehouse ... cause if even one has chances are it's the one that had the box you need ... Murphys Law.

You recall Mr Mafia told you that you'd need to replace the item inside the container with a similar weight item but apparently that doesn't matter so much as the containers have already been off loaded from the ship and no one in the warehouse seems to care what they weigh once Customs & Immigration has signed off on them.

(( I assume you're at least passingly familiar with inventory software so we don't need to step-by-step this. ))

kabukiman1973;n9550321 said:
OOC: so do I roll anything?
Several ...

1-System Knowledge (to get past the security)
2-Library Search (to find the correct programs/data bases)
3-Library Search (to find the data you need)
4-Programming (to alter the data)

Remember: The way I use LUCK you have your entire LUCK score available for each hacking attempt and may use it as you wish in whole/part on any individual roll, BUT, once gone it's gone for that particular attempt to hack it's gone. Were you to attempt an entirely different, unrelated to the first, hack your LUCK would be available again. So it's a finite, yet renewable, resource.
Same applies to combat, were you to get into a firefight you'd have your entire LUCK available for each, distinct and individual, combat.

Last edited:
Yep, the advantage of being a Netrunner, your "Interface" skill is a bonus to any hacking you do.

For normal skill checks you use (Stat+Skill+Die Roll), for "hacking" (i.e. accessing/altering system records) you use (Stat+Skill+Interface+Die Roll).
Yes, for you as a Netrunner most of this is MUCH easier then it is for anyone else.

Hernando breezes thru the DataPad easily finding what he needs, container PRC270251F is the one you want ... and it's still here in the warehouse, for the moment. It's scheduled to be unloaded early this morning and the exact box you want sent to Austin, Texas. Currently the container in located in 23-5-3 ... whatever that means.

Satisfied with himself Hernando erases his tracks and shut down the DataPad.
Glancing over at Mouse you see he's not too far behind you in terms of getting the job done.

Hernando is proud of himself. He was feeling totally useless until now, but this run has restored his confidence:he is actually good at this stuff. So he will probably start working in this kind of missions instead of forging grades to lazy students...

So the next question is ... where is 23-5-3?
For that matter what the hell is it?

(( Hint: There are lots of shelves/racks in this warehouse ... there has to be some way to know where on which rack a container is located.))

Last edited:
Top Bottom