PBEM Campaign - Suhiira - The Game Itself

+

PBEM Campaign - Suhiira - The Game Itself

• Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hernando senses more then hears/sees Mouse trying to slip back behind the container you've been working with and hears "Freeze!" hiss out of the comm unit (Chita?), then nothing.
The two guys take their smoke break chatting about local sports and some other employees messy divorce. They, of course, occasionally glance around as they chat, but like most people rarely look up.

Eventually they finish and get a container from the rack just opposite you, and head back where they came from.

You have the package, all you need to do is reseal (as best you can) the container, then get the hell outta here.

Ok, as soon as the two guys vanish, Hernando gives the package to Mouse so he may join the others (the priority). He stays for just some moments to close the the box, reseal the container so nobody notices it was broken, and then leaves the place.

As the four of you make your way back to the door you entered Chita holds up a hand then slowly turns it palm down and lowers it.
Mouse looks lost, Gremlin sinks to the floor, and Hernando does ... what?

Chita then slowly moves forward keeping stuff between herself and the door.

You wait a good five minutes, that seems like five hours then Chita comes back in sight.
She points toward the door you entered and shakes her head, then points toward the main warehouse doors and sort of shrugs and moves off in that direction after pointing to each of you and then toward the back wall of the warehouse.

Gremlin begins to slowly make his way toward the back wall where she pointed.

Hernando does what?

Hernando brings Mouse with him and follow Gremlin to the back wall.
"She must be listening... or smelling someone, with all those mods"-he thinks to himself.

Gremlin finds a spot between the rows of containers and deep in the shadows and settles in.
A good 15-20 minutes pass then you hear one click on your headset ... no words ... just a click.
Gremlin apparently replies with two clicks. You guess that means something.

A minute later Chita slips into your hiding spot and signals for everyone to huddle up close ... nearly cheek-to-cheek she speaks in a very low voice (not a whisper).
"Seems MSS spotted our entry and has a couple people watching it, so we'll use a different exit. Crossing them is the last thing we need. If we're careful and time it right we can go out the front."
"Keep off the Comms as they're probably actively monitoring things now."
"Nice thing about dealing with pros is you have some idea what to expect, bad thing is they know what they're doing."
"Questions?"

Gremlin speaks up: "You got any non-lethal ranged? I'd rather not piss MSS off if possible."
"Not on me. But as long as it's clear we're not after whatever they're doing, and do our best to avoid them, they probably won't take it personal if there's collateral damage."
"Your call, I know em mostly by rep."
Gremlin looks directly at Hernando and Mouse: "Shoot if you have no other choice, but do whatever you can to avoid it. And try not to kill anyone. We're not dealing with your typical street bangers here."

Questions?
Comments?
Suggestions?

Last edited:
"I'l only use my weapon if someone shoot me. Is there any way to create a diversion in another part of this place to distract them? You know, a small fire or something"?

"Sure, and that'd also confirm that we're still here and put them on high alert. Not to mention as pros MSS would see it for exactly what it is, a distraction, and double down on everything BUT the area the distraction is in."

With that Chita leads your team toward the section of the main cargo doors of the warehouse furthest from where people are unloading cargo containers onto trucks.
She takes a rather round-about route getting there, maybe she spotted some guards earlier and is avoiding them?
Soon you wind up near, but not at, the cargo doors. She and Gremlin confer for a moment and Gremlin pulls out a micro drone and sends it out the doors.

Does Hernando wanna ask Gremlin what band/frequency the drone is on so he can monitor what it sees?

There most certainly is ... just not from where you currently are ... and not quickly, it'll take 5 minutes or so if you're in the correct location.

"Bit late, software is currently in use controlling the drone so I can't copy it."
To Chita Gremlin says: "Looks clear for the moment."
"You last." Chita replies to Gremlin and darts out the door low and fast.

A moment later Gremlin calls Mouse and Hernando over and uses the drone to show them the path Chita took an the hide she found outside.
"Mouse next on my mark. Hernando, watch our back."
Waiting ...
Waiting ...
"Go Mouse!"
With that Mouse slips out the door and scurries out of sight.
Waiting ...
Someone is approaching from behind you inside the warehouse.
Hernando does what?

A man walks past almost close enough to reach out and touch but doesn't seem to notice anything.

A couple minutes later Gremlin looks at Hernando; "Go!"

Once outside I assume Hernando heads to the same area Chita and Mouse did ... ummm ... near an industrial size garbage dumpster.
When he arrives he finds Mouse waiting "Kitty went ahead to scout, she said to wait here."

A couple minutes later Gremlin darts (well ... as best he can ... he's not near as agile as you youngsters) out of the warehouse and heads behind the dumpster.

So, what does Hernando do next?

Hernando recovers his breath and look for any place to hide if he need again...
He decides to make a joke about Gremlin's age, but he bites his tongue (after all, the man is a pro) and says instead:
"Gremlin, Mouse here said that Chita asked us to wait for her until she is sure the path is clear".

Last edited:
Panting Gremlin just nods and starts to recover his microdrone. "Didn't want to use that. Could be they traced the RC (Radio Control) signals, keep your eyes open."

A few minutes pass then Chita slips out of the shadows.
"We're lucky, they didn't find our gear. Seems they think one of the dockworkers opened that door to slip out and do some drugs."

With that she starts to lead the team on a series of short rushes and slow crawls from one bit of cover to the next toward the "junkyard".
Several hours (well, actually minutes) later you arrive back at the box you'd stashed your SCUBA gear in.

"Suit up." Chita herself doesn't, she just finds a position from which she can keep watch.
Shortly Gremlin and Mouse are sent down to wait in the water while Hernando keeps watch as Chita gets her own gear on.
And ... of course ... something goes wrong.
A couple guys are approaching, looks like they're coming directly for the box you're using.
Haenando does what?

Chita grabs her gear and darts out of the container ... but not quite fast enough.
"Hey! You!"
They both move past Hernando drawing weapons, their attention on Chita.
(( Yes, their backs are to Hernando. ))

Chita just freezes in place, the gear in her arms clattering to the ground, and turns to face them.

And now Hernando ... ???

Top Bottom