Should Vicovaro Medics Get Create Ability?

+

• Yes, they should get the Create ability.

Votes: 8 14.3%
  • No, leave them how they are.

Votes: 38 67.9%
  • A different nerf would be better.

Votes: 10 17.9%

• Total voters

With the recent update, Shani, Sigrdrifa and Priestesses of Freya were nerfed. Yet Vicovaro Medics were left untouched. One could argue that they're situational tech cards, which they are. Some decks don't rely on their graveyard plays to win a game. The way I personally see it though, I think they're very strong cards. They can steal literally any bronze unit from your opponent's graveyard. Making them limited to certain units would be terrible though. Hear me out on this, give them the Create ability. Have them Create a base copy of a Bronze unit in your opponent's graveyard.

Last edited:
I also dislike them. The same way as I hate Sweers. No card should be able to deny a whole strategy in one turn with no counterplay.

As someone who plays them currently and is finding them to be strong against the current SK and ST dwarf decks, I can see some of the issue. Saying that, I don't think they're much of a problem. Yes, it's powerful when you can steal a 15 str skirmisher that hits for 3 then gains even more power, all while denying a Paulie. But. The medics *are* situational. They can disrupt play for those that rely on graveyards, but there's plenty of decks out there that counter and disrupt others, that's the whole point of gwent. Having said that, if I'm not facing against dwarves or SK? They're pretty much a low point bronze with not a huge amount of use. They're still not huge power plays like quite a few bronzes out there, they're usually not much more than a 8-10ish str bronze at best. NG has always been a faction that revolves around disrupting your opponent, what with spies, reveal mill, and now slaves, plus cards like sweers and assire. It's annoying, but no more annoying than ST dwarves :p

No. If Skellige can make removal redundant by reviving everything you remove, there needs to be something to counter that.

And nothing's more satisfying in Gwent than using Sweers on a nekker deck. Yes, let's remove Sweers so people can copy 6-7 bronzes that are usually above 10 and keep getting spawned each round and boosted by consume.

I wouldn't mind limiting their ability to resurrecting spying bronze units only (because that's usually what they are used for...) but I'm very much against a create ability.
So better leave them be :D

Definitely against a create ability. Some nerf would be nice though, I have suggested something like "Resurrect a Bronze unit from your opponent's graveyard with 8 power or less" to ensure there is no huge power swing there. That kind of nerf would also leave their basic role, which is resurrecting emissaries untouched, while it still can be used for disruption in the case of Queensguard (if anyone even uses them still :p ) for example. It also allows you to keep stealing the really useful things like Kaedweni Siege support, Priestess of Freya, or Reaver Scout.

Just my opinion but a create ability for Vicaro medic would be a bad thing to do.
I do agree they should be nerfed though, not because they're too strong per say but because they basically prevent some decks from existing (like Queensguard which is my favorite archetype).

I'm obviously agree with the idea of counters for different strategies but Vicaro for every resurrection decks is way too big of a deal. The most healthy nerf would be the one ser2440 mentioned. Put a cap on the power they can resurrect so they can steal a 4 or 5 power QG but not you big ass 16 you worked and invested resources in.

ser2440;n10164892 said:
Definitely against a create ability. Some nerf would be nice though, I have suggested something like "Resurrect a Bronze unit from your opponent's graveyard with 8 power or less" to ensure there is no huge power swing there. That kind of nerf would also leave their basic role, which is resurrecting emissaries untouched, while it still can be used for disruption in the case of Queensguard (if anyone even uses them still :p ) for example. It also allows you to keep stealing the really useful things like Kaedweni Siege support, Priestess of Freya, or Reaver Scout.

This is an excellent idea. :)

KasumiGoto;n10164682 said:
I also dislike them. The same way as I hate Sweers. No card should be able to deny a whole strategy in one turn with no counterplay.

I don't dislike Vicovaro Medics, I just think they're very strong in the current meta. Man, Sweers is crazy strong too. He completely shuts down so many things if you get lucky. This topic isn't about him though. /-:

At the end of the day, if you wanna build a balanced deck, you shouldn't really be relying SO heavily on a couple of bronzes that a few medics or sweers ruin your entire strategy.

KasumiGoto;n10164682 said:

It's nice having Sweers around when you have Nekker decks that will basically always win as long as you can't stop their copying.

People asking for nerfs, look at it this way.

Medics are counters to otherwise uninteractive and unstoppable decks.

How do you counter QG? You lock one, it gets revived and brings all the others from the graveyard. You can't remove them, since reviving one summons the others. They require no setup and you can't interact with them. You can use DBD twice and strengthen them. The opponent can't do much about it. If you run a deck that revolves around a big, non-interactive play you should run the risk of getting countered by something. And medics only revive one card at a time, leaving you the opportunity to resurrect 2 (or 3 with operator) QG that are left.

How do you play around nekkers, other than brute force? Most of the time they get 6-7 of nekkers that get boosted wherever they are. You lock one, the opponent places another one on the board, creating carryover you can't do much about. You try removing all of them and it just puts you behind in tempo. Then comes round 3 and 3 nekkers get consumed, only to be replaced by 3 others that got boosted by that consume. You can just sit and watch.

If you want to run a low-risk, no setup decks, get ready to possibly be countered. If there's one thing in NG that needs fixing, it's the enforcers.

Snake_Foxhounder;n10164752 said:
No. If Skellige can make removal redundant by reviving everything you remove, there needs to be something to counter that.

And nothing's more satisfying in Gwent than using Sweers on a nekker deck. Yes, let's remove Sweers so people can copy 6-7 bronzes that are usually above 10 and keep getting spawned each round and boosted by consume.

This.

As long as Skellige can use the graveyard as a second deck (if not more), there ought to be real counters.

Regardless of whatever someone thinks about vicovaro medics, why in the blaze of hell we need more of that garbage that is ruining the game aka create? If anything we need less of that sht.

DMaster2;n10168602 said:
Regardless of whatever someone thinks about vicovaro medics, why in the blaze of hell we need more of that garbage that is ruining the game aka create? If anything we need less of that sht.

You got a problem with that? Using cards that spawn random stuff that wins you the game is pure skill./s

Now includes leaders. Gotta love the Usurper spawning Radovid out of nowhere so he can lock your engine.

Snake_Foxhounder;n10166222 said:
People asking for nerfs, look at it this way.

Medics are counters to otherwise uninteractive and unstoppable decks.

How do you counter QG? You lock one, it gets revived and brings all the others from the graveyard. You can't remove them, since reviving one summons the others. They require no setup and you can't interact with them. You can use DBD twice and strengthen them. The opponent can't do much about it. If you run a deck that revolves around a big, non-interactive play you should run the risk of getting countered by something. And medics only revive one card at a time, leaving you the opportunity to resurrect 2 (or 3 with operator) QG that are left.

How do you play around nekkers, other than brute force? Most of the time they get 6-7 of nekkers that get boosted wherever they are. You lock one, the opponent places another one on the board, creating carryover you can't do much about. You try removing all of them and it just puts you behind in tempo. Then comes round 3 and 3 nekkers get consumed, only to be replaced by 3 others that got boosted by that consume. You can just sit and watch.

If you want to run a low-risk, no setup decks, get ready to possibly be countered. If there's one thing in NG that needs fixing, it's the enforcers.

Agree about the enforcers (it's an easy call in fact, the card used to be busted and CDPR buffed it...logic) but not about the so called uniteractive and unstoppable decks.
QG has never been weaker than it is now, the deck is barely playable and Nekkers aren't nearly as threatning as they used to be (They don't carry over anymore).
So basically they nerfed every decks that are weak to Vicaro medics but leaved them untouched, no wonder we don't see any QG deck after rank 2O...

GenLiu;n10168732 said:
Agree about the enforcers (it's an easy call in fact, the card used to be busted and CDPR buffed it...logic) but not about the so called uniteractive and unstoppable decks.
QG has never been weaker than it is now, the deck is barely playable and Nekkers aren't nearly as threatning as they used to be (They don't carry over anymore).
So basically they nerfed every decks that are weak to Vicaro medics but leaved them untouched, no wonder we don't see any QG deck after rank 2O...

Nekkars are still seen quite often 20 and above. Consume is still a relatively strong deck. Not top tier, but definitely up there. Granted QG is mostly useless at the moment, but just because QG isn't good at the moment doesn't mean medics need nerfing.

Top Bottom