Your First Ranked Deck

+
Your First Ranked Deck

So what were you guys playing when you first reached level 10 and began your ranked journey?

For me it was resilient dwarves. Back when boosted stats carried over.

Bronze core was things like Mahakam Defender, Hawker Healer, Mahakam Guard, Dwarven Mercenary

I wish I could remember. But it was a long time ago, and I have no idea what I played back then. :(

Probably some type of Northern Realms, with Foltest. I remember I really liked him. :D

Reveal. I started playing around the end of the Mahakham event, when alchemists were buffed. My mangonels were the bane of the other new players.

I started rank back when Foglet Spam was a thing and there was no row limit. That was a thing of beauty that caused a lot of rage quitting. Was it OP, yes, was it fun also yes.#SorryNotSorry:yes:

Mine was Spies. I started right after the removal of Gold Immunity. Not many people had figured out what an awesome deck it was yet, everyone played Blue Stripes hyperthinning with Heavy Cavalry and Trollololo. As I progressed through the ranks, I encountered more 40 card decks though, somehow. And then by the time I reached rank 20 for the first time, Spies were everywhere so I switched to Machines which trampled Spies at every match :D

In Closed Beta I played NR for few weeks, than we went open and...

Spellgaad!!!

Had such a huge blast with it...

I started with NG spies last year and really enjoyed my time with it.
During the season I crafted a custom deck with Letho, Coehoorn, Korathi heatwave, Dimeritium bomb and Merigold hailstorm and reached rank 19 in my first season.
You might wonder why I didn't have Regis but back then he only could half an enemy's base strength.
To be honest the game was more fun in that period.....let's hope the next patch will be quality wise closer to this version.

Last edited:
4RM3D;n10741671 said:
Old school Consume, without greedy Nekkers, but with infinite Arachas. Fun times.

I have one such deck :D Nekker warriors into Arachasae, Mourntart as a finisher, Ruehin and Yennefer for the swarm, and Nekkers as the finisher (and the backup plan should you end up with no Arachasae or behemoths)

DRK3

Forum veteran
Interesting, this thread made me go back to my Closed Beta folder to try and look for it... Well, i dont have the exact deck, but im sure it was Skellige Weather, where i used weather immune boats, strengthened them like hell, then at the end i would play Ragnaroog, and all non weather immune units would be 1pt. Only Monster decks gave me trouble as they also had tons of weather immune units.

Funny thing though, the results were much more extreme - for ex. on the 1st Ranked Match (i got the screenshot, its from Dec '16), it went, 8-10, 27-16 then 11-9. On the other hand, i had plenty of matches where the scores of a round would go to 200, 300 or more!

This wasnt my first rank deck.But it is the first video i uploaded from the closed beta in Dec 2016
I re downloaded it and sped up the timing because my pc was very slow going.. lol added new audio since everything sounded like a mickey mouse movie
Notice the old card art thumbnail ..

TheShift;n10741921 said:
This wasnt my first rank deck.But it is the first video i uploaded from the closed beta in Dec 2016
I re downloaded it and sped up the timing because my pc was very slow going.. lol added new audio since everything sounded like a mickey mouse movie
Notice the old card art thumbnail ..

Holy crap it seems SO slow now :eek: Like, the consumptions of the Vran warriors seem to take AGES!

Also the interface was so outdated back then, there wasn't even a number telling you how many cards are left in your deck!

Deck thinning was so minimal that including 3 copies of something you wanted to draw was a must. Muster groups were worth it because they were worth more than the average bronze and a higher chance to get them

Anyway, off topic, please excuse the trip down memory lane :p carry on xD

Queens guard and discard my discard utilIzed discarding ciri back when johnny could be ressurected i would get about 3 enemy golds and have a 28ish ciri have gotten her upto 40ish :) miss those days

Henselt machines was my first deck, then, I was seduced by Triss Butterfly with monsters. Those were my very first decks.

I hit number 2 on the xbox leaderboard using a monsters weather deck. This was back when weather was ridiculously good. Made everything on the board one strength.

Top Bottom