[book spoilers] Why is Schirru...

+
[book spoilers] Why is Schirru...

in ST when he's in league with Vilgefortz in the book? There's no mention of him being with ST at all...

iokhta;n8372810 said:
in ST when he's in league with Vilgefortz in the book? There's no mention of him being with ST at all...
Yes, he's one of his henchmen. Plus, he's not an elf. He's half-elf.
No idea why he ended up in Scoia'tael faction... I don't even recall him having any interaction with Scoia.

Yeah so this just kind of begs the question... Why? Was it because it was more cohesive gameplay wise?

On a side note, it would be cool if at least one other faction (NG comes to my mind first) had a powerful ambush card, like Shirru. Morenn would make more sense then.

iokhta;n8374040 said:
Yeah so this just kind of begs the question... Why? Was it because it was more cohesive gameplay wise?
In WIthcer 2, CDPR implied that Borkh was Saskia's biological father. Which we know isn't true. But we let it slide because the put out great games for us :p
gangrel6;n8374800 said:
On a side note, it would be cool if at least one other faction (NG comes to my mind first) had a powerful ambush card, like Shirru. Morenn would make more sense then.
Then you would perfectly know what that card is and play accordingly. I think that ambush system is fine and I was saying it all along, Scoia'tael should remain the most unique faction.

iokhta;n8374040 said:

I guess this^

An ambush scorch is very fitting for his character. and ambush cards are only in ST.
It also adds 'Elf' tag synergy amongst others.

HenryGrosmont;n8375430 said:
In WIthcer 2, CDPR implied that Borkh was Saskia's biological father. Which we know isn't true. But we let it slide because the put out great games for us
Shocking, REDDorigen , simply shocking.

HenryGrosmont;n8376630 said:
Can you explain this to me, please?
Merely summoning a RED writer, to notify him he has an opportunity to explain a detail of the game, if he so wishes. Naught more than that.

Riven-Twain;n8376690 said:
Merely summoning a RED writer, to notify him he has an opportunity to explain a detail of the game, if he so wishes. Naught more than that.
Oh, that. Saskia was given to Borkh as his payment for saving Myrgtabrakke. He even calls himself some sort of a "witcher" for the monsters. And implies that, as witchers, he'll live through his "give me what you did not expect" reward. there are also a few allusions that if Golden Dragon existed he would've been as sterile as witchers are. Well, as we know, Golden Dragon is a thing so...

HenryGrosmont;n8375430 said:
Then you would perfectly know what that card is and play accordingly. I think that ambush system is fine and I was saying it all along, Scoia'tael should remain the most unique faction.

I see your point, but it could likewise be a card that gets buffed each time NG reveals the opponent's cards. That way, the opponent would still have a hard time counting the buffs and knowing exactly how to play around that one card instead of focusing on other combos and tactics (akin to playing around Toruviel or Ciaran). On the other hand, it's just a thought and I also agree that ambush makes ST unique and interesting, so perhaps things should just stay the way they are.

gangrel6;n8389860 said:
I see your point, but it could likewise be a card that gets buffed each time NG reveals the opponent's cards. That way, the opponent would still have a hard time counting the buffs and knowing exactly how to play around that one card instead of focusing on other combos and tactics (akin to playing around Toruviel or Ciaran). On the other hand, it's just a thought and I also agree that ambush makes ST unique and interesting, so perhaps things should just stay the way they are.
gangrel6;n8389860 said:
Or just simply one shoot it with Morenn or Weather the row. Which would give Monsters or Skellige an advantage. I get the idea but if other factions are getting into Ambush system, then:
a. it will require quite a few cards made specifically for that
b. it's the surest way for all faction to lose their uniqueness

Sorry, mate. Gotta disagree here :)
idomyownstunts;n8389890 said:
Wtf. I demand a refund.
As if you have ever spent a dime... this isn't Monopoly.

Lim3zer0;n8376030 said:
An ambush scorch is very fitting for his character. and ambush cards are only in ST.
It also adds 'Elf' tag synergy amongst others.

True, but it still feels very flat to just slap Scoiatel tag on any elf you can make a card of. Especially an elf, that as OP said, had no, even remotely faint, relations with any other freedom-fighting non-humans. Although it would infuriate a lot of ST community and is rather impractical, all the Vrihedd cards have legitimate reasons to be considered Nilfgaardian cards, as they were official soldiers and officers of the Empire's army. As improbable as it is, that would be a hell of a twist and would fit so much with Witcher's theme of fluid loyalties and dramatic side picking.

There are many more cards that are not in line with the witcher lore. Bonhart and Vilgefortz loyal to nilfgaard. Brouver hoog leading ST into battle. Ballistas in melee combat.

this game is not about lore, it's about gameplay. Accept it and enjoy the game while feeling superior because you know the lore better than cdpr.

Firekangaroo;n9186911 said:
Brouver hoog leading ST into battle.
Yeah this is the biggest one. In the books he explicitly commands dwarves not to join the squirrels. Now he's a leader. However, 100% lore consistency in a competitive card game is not so important IMO.

Rawls;n9188231 said:
Yeah this is the biggest one. In the books he explicitly commands dwarves not to join the squirrels. Now he's a leader. However, 100% lore consistency in a competitive card game is not so important IMO.

It would be cool to have dwaven faction. Maybe Mahakam ?

Top Bottom