Coming back after a break

+
Coming back after a break

Only to discover weather had been gutted, my monster deck has been nerfed even more, and I missed the 3 day milling window. So now I'm stuck with one used to be pretty decent but now shit monster/weather deck and a few mediocre other decks. CDPR if you want to fix weather revert it to the original weather that affected both sides and bring back weather immunity. If you want to fix this stale follow the meta decks circle jerk, then stop nerfing and buffing everything and put out a ton of new cards. Variety will help far more than any amount of balance changes. The one friend of mine I got to check this game out has quit because it's nothing but the same top decks and strats everywhere and the same cards in every keg. I myself don't see much point anymore because 1. boring ass meta decks and 2. my deck is now worthless. It was already hit hard after the last weather patch and then weather got hit again... wth? I just wanted to play some gwent this morning...

MeanFacedJohnny;n9159020 said:
Only to discover weather had been gutted, my monster deck has been nerfed even more, and I missed the 3 day milling window. So now I'm stuck with one used to be pretty decent but now shit monster/weather deck and a few mediocre other decks. CDPR if you want to fix weather revert it to the original weather that affected both sides and bring back weather immunity. If you want to fix this stale follow the meta decks circle jerk, then stop nerfing and buffing everything and put out a ton of new cards. Variety will help far more than any amount of balance changes. The one friend of mine I got to check this game out has quit because it's nothing but the same top decks and strats everywhere and the same cards in every keg. I myself don't see much point anymore because 1. boring ass meta decks and 2. my deck is now worthless. It was already hit hard after the last weather patch and then weather got hit again... wth? I just wanted to play some gwent this morning...

Ummm for your information Fog swarm monster is currently the meta and probably the t1 deck among with consume monster, perhaps 40% of the ladder is Dagon or Elder deck.

Secondly weather is still decent BRONZE card, you can't expect it constantly generate higher damage than gold weather. 2 Damage per turn with foglets are consistent and good.

Personally I do not enjoy playing against weather even after the weather nerf, as well as heavy control deck. It's really wrecking the game experience even I manage to counter those deck completely.

So you can't spam weather anymore and that is issue ? Last I checked monsters are doing better then ever and are most played faction right now.
I think Resounding is correct my stats show that 50% matches i had were against monsters. Also variety of decks I play against jumped up as well.
If one thing needed to change that was weatheraids and as we see game got better for sure.

So what if your deck is worthless so are mine and others as well. In fact every play style that i loved to play got destroyed. You don't see anyone crying how NR got destroyed.
but you won't see me crying how game went to shit because of it. Because maybe I hate that it got destroyed now but it was
probably good for someone else in any case things change constantly and as long that happens I will find something to cool to play around.

After not playing for more than three weeks, I just made two ST decks and I have to admit, those are disgusting. A "Punisher" Dwarves and pseudo Control. Lost one match (plus two mulligan freezes) in the past 14. Usually 2 rounding.

Gonna make some weird Monsters soon...

I've just come back after a couple weeks. Played pretty solid for a couple days. My advice, don't bother coming back. Not worth it.

Monsters is the most powerful faction at the moment, but not unbalanced (it just has the most variety of decks in t1), so I don't know why I keep seeing posts about weather being gutted, monsters nerfed etc.

I don't know what game you guys are playing, but this patch is the most balanced the game has ever seen, with over 5 archetypes in the top meta, offering a great variety to play whatever you like, while still having powerful weather even after the nerf.

Yeah, weather isn't bad, and Monsters aren't bad at all. People who are miffed about the change to biting Frost really need to give it a break. The value you were getting out of that card before the weather nerf was better than most Silvers. Even nerfed, it's not terrible. Foglet Swarm and Consume may be the current meta, but when you look at consistent value, Caranthir is still one of the best cards around given the rise of Lacerate.

Monster Frost was a solid deck to compete when you started playing. I'm curious what deck people would use here if they had to start all over again... Because a meta shifting every two weeks is kind of crap when your collection is small and milling other stuff than commons seems a bad investment.

Last edited:
I dunno.. I stuck by monsters and milled everything but them after the challenges were finished
since launch I now have full neutral deck/animated
full monster deck/animated full skellige deck/half animated and now building on scoiatael

​​​​less than six weeks I'm almost 50% collected

Sam.724;n9164760 said:
Monster Frost was a solid deck to compete when you started playing. I'm curious what deck people would use here if they had to start all over again... Because a meta shifting every two weeks is kind of crap when your collection is small and milling other stuff than commons seems a bad investment.

I think Millfgaard has been consistent. Very few changes to their silvers (Veers, Albrich, Peter, Cantarella, and Treason) and the addition of Avallach as a neutral card have really played into the old Tibor/Vilgie standards. I like that the deck has been playing above average through the varying metas. It's never the best deck, but it's reliable enough that you don't feel like you wasted your scraps making it.

Sam.724;n9164760 said:

Swarm to rank 100%. Its so batshit OP for how easy to play its unreal.

Top Bottom