How many people will stop playing the game based on new changes?

+
TheShift;n9391481 said:
I have a love/hate relationship with your avatar

:rolleyes:

Hahah, I use it because"Machado" is my last name and it means, in portuguese, "Axe". So my name is basically "John Axe".

Nice to meet you ;P

Mnorojo;n9390121 said:
I think the bigger turn off for some players is the pay to win formula that it appears CDPR will start using. I imagine some cards will only be accessible to people who download that DLC. I personally dont mind as long as the DLC is not overpriced. Time will tell.
That's my quitting time. As soon as the game jumps the shark and goes more PTW, I'm out. As it is, there's a barrier, but it can be overcome with time and effort. If cards get locked behind a DLC, I'm not buying it. Simple as that.

I don't mind a one-time purchase of the game, but I will not support any model that requires on-going purchases. I can go play a physical card game for that, and have the cards to resell as well as an economy.

PS - When I buy a card in a physical game, I don't have to worry about it being changed later, either. In this format, I do.

Last edited:
Not many i assure you.Most of them may dont like those changes but will try to adapt.Personally i like the removal of gold immunity.It opens doors for more combos/strategies.

My initial reaction of the Gold changes was of surprise and uncertainty. Having thought about it, the sheer numbers of new synergies and combinations this offers, I think the game will be in a far better place.

I also love the changes made to the current tier 1 decks, and it feels like Gold cards will be played for their utility and not just raw points value.

Really looking forward to it.

I've been playing Gwent since day 1 of closed beta - so obviously massive changes won't drive me away that easily :). Looking forward to the patch.

Vespuche;n9389541 said:
I considered stopping. I only have two decks and they are both Dwarf decks. With the new resilience, they are not gonna work.
I have enough scrap to build whatever I want though. So RIP Dwarves.
You only need to think on how to use new patch and not just say that it will not work the previous way. Yeah, it will not. However, I can invent right now dorf spam strategy:
-3 x Mahakam Defender
-3 x Agitator that spawns random Bronze dorf.
-Dennis Cranmer
-Yarpen Zigrin
-Barclay Else
-Operator
-Others should be elves or something.
Strategy: Agitator SPAWNS a copy of random Bronze unit. Not pulls from deck but spawns. But the thing is that... you have only resilient bronze units so it is no longer random. Meaning: if you operator Agitator you can end up round with 7 resilient Mahakam Defenders 6 strength each and Yarpen Zigrin.
You can also add some strengthening and buffing material there etc etc. Anyway this sounds pretty solid to me.

Although, if thinking in advance I think Lambert can punish this archetype. Damn so many things to think of.

Anyway, I would advise you to try first and then say something does not work.

It just means that I will have to learn the game again. I had fun the first time, so I don't see why I'm not going to have it again.

Also, relearning will be a challenge, and I like that.

oh yeah, let's keep going .... continue to play, cause it's a new challenge and this game is so much fun, so, I will play with all these patches changes, no matter what

Only loosers threaten to quit after game changes without even try to give devs a chance. Game evolves, its good. Go play other CCG where meta is idle for half year without any patches LUL

personally, the problem are not the changes per se, i´m fine with them, and with adding new cards, of course. The problem i have is with the modification of core mechanics over and over again. It feels like the devs are stumbling.

Dunno, its like the game is not really "developing", is just jumping from one place to another for no good reasons.

Chaos is a ladder... to rank 21.
After patch days are the best to play for me, everyone is experimenting, many mistakes and fun situations occur - awesome!

ZenaRose;n9396061 said:
Only loosers threaten to quit after game changes without even try to give devs a chance. Game evolves, its good. Go play other CCG where meta is idle for half year without any patches LUL

Been playing it since the minute the patch dropped, late into the evening and today.

70% of my games on ladder have been against two different ST decks, one of which is basically unwinnable with most other decks.

I've been playing the game since closed beta so have a pretty good idea how broken the game currently is.

Ive written several comments on other posts but since this one is mine Ill guess Ill condensate them here: I dont totally dislike the patch, some of the cards are refreshing and thats what I had been waiting for, but most of the people really seem to be having problems with the patch, what I hate the most if playing against the same decks everyday, I hoped the patch would change this but as the dust is settling all the stereotypes are starting to solidify, and we are back to square one as before the patch. Another thing is balance, I think the devs dropped the ball with ST this patch, mainly the spell deck, its wrecking havock and just pointless to play, it shouldnt be this way at all. On a separate note, havent watched the livestream but did they mention anything regarding of adding cards on a constant basis like monthly or was there no mention of this?

As a exclusive monster deck player, I would say that the monster deck is a better deck now and I will continue to play. I like the overall changes and the new cards. Monsters got some awesome new cards.

I also havent been around for about a month. I got really lucky to not miss the mill days for this patch actually.
I'll definitely still give the game a chance.
It just seems that with gold cards now being targetable, running excessive amounts of "removal" (scorch, igni, shackles,...) is gonna become a thing for most decks. So much so that golds without a good deploy will barely see play. If thats the case, I think theyre gonna need to increase the number of golds allowed in a deck.
Otherwise we're just gonna be playing the weather/clear skies game with gold units and their removals now as well.

Top Bottom