I can't even DOWNLOAD patch 4.04 ? :/ (GOG Galaxy)

+

Been playing this game since 2015, always used Gog Galaxy.

Never had any issues with either the game OR its client, as far as downloading patches, updates and expansions is concerned.

I stopped playing briefly after 4.03 patch hit.

---

A few days ago I decided to return to the game, and noticed a new patch was up -- 4.04.

"Sweet !!", I thought ... "A new opportunity !! Great to see CDPR still taking care to polish the game, especially considering how CRAPPY the initial 4.0 release was !! :)" ...
... "Perhaps NOW I am able to enjoy the game in its PROPER glory !!"

...and the patch FAILED TO DOWNLOAD...

... Why ?? ... BECAUSE FOR SOME REASON IT REQUIRES 56 (YES, FIFTY-SIX GIGABYTES of disk space !! o_O)

...of course, I do NOT HAVE this amount of free disk space available...

WHAT THE HELL ?! o_O

Just uninstall the game and then reinstall it. It won't touch any of your saves or your user and profile settings so when you reinstall it should save most of your game settings if not all of them so you should be able to just start it up and play from where you left off.

The reason you need so much space is it patches the files that are already on your computer so it needs temp space to work so if the file being patched is 1 Gb then you need another 1 Gb of working space for the patch plus the size of the patch itself. When you have to patch nearly every file in the game it adds up quickly.

Top Bottom