Vrihhed officer nerf

+
Vrihhed officer nerf

Change them so they cant swap gold cards.Simple nerf and effective.My reasoning on that change?

Spotters got nerfed to only target revealed bronzes,silvers.Good nerf considering the reveal strategy gives you info on your opponents hand.
Vrihhed officers should only be able to swap bronzes,silvers as well.Why? Because the ability to fix your own hand also is a powerfull strategy.
Thoughts ?

I am usually on the fence when I see "NERF THIS CARD" topic, but considering the aforementioned Spotters AND adding to that Scale Shield and Spear, it's only fair for Vrihedd Officers to get the same treatment, yes. And this comes from me, who uses them with vanilla Geralt sometimes, to fix my hand so I can use Royal Decree afterwards.

I'm against this. Mulligan is supposed to give up some power in return for consistency. See Francesca, who's worth all of 7-10 points, way less than other leaders. Consistency comes when you can use Officers to mulligan golds (and spells for that matter) as well.

I think Spotters shouldn't have changed.
I remember a time when "non-gold" was pretty much on every card, they tried to move away from that, even removing immunity from golds, yet now it got slowly replaced with "bronze or silver".

Jeydra;n10522782 said:
I'm against this. Mulligan is supposed to give up some power in return for consistency. See Francesca, who's worth all of 7-10 points, way less than other leaders. Consistency comes when you can use Officers to mulligan golds (and spells for that matter) as well.

Then i suppose you're for making officer not boost itself? cause a 20 point bronze that also provides "consistency" kinda goes against your argument about Francesca.

Same as partci here, I usually just join nerf request threads for fun but this is a consistent change (I wouldn't call it a real nerf, it only stops the whole "Swap Ciri:Dash and Geralt all the time" strategy which is unreliable anyway). I agree.

People really should stop with the "lost a game -> go to forums to ask for nerfs" circle. Everyone will always lose to something, just accept it. Officers is completely fine, and swap decks are not even that strong. We just see a lot of them because: 1. People get to use many of the cards they crafter for the dorfs deck in the past; 2. Swim popularized the cleaver "combo" deck; and 3. they are pretty straightforward to play.

This is utterly unnecessary. What really needs a change is the blacklisting. Vrihedd Officers and Ves don't blacklist, so you sometimes draw another copy of the card you just mulliganed...

Iuliandrei;n10522922 said:
Then i suppose you're for making officer not boost itself? cause a 20 point bronze that also provides "consistency" kinda goes against your argument about Francesca.

I'm not against that change but the Officers should get some kind of points boost then - to at least 9, possibly 10, strength.

TrompeLaMort;n10524502 said:
People really should stop with the "lost a game -> go to forums to ask for nerfs" circle. Everyone will always lose to something, just accept it. Officers is completely fine, and swap decks are not even that strong. We just see a lot of them because: 1. People get to use many of the cards they crafter for the dorfs deck in the past; 2. Swim popularized the cleaver "combo" deck; and 3. they are pretty straightforward to play.

Are you trolling?) You really think a 16+ bronze is ok?
We have plenty of silver cards that barely hit 15, but hitting almost 20 points with a bronze is considered fine. Wake up, dude.

WildFeo;n10527012 said:
Are you trolling?) You really think a 16+ bronze is ok?
We have plenty of silver cards that barely hit 15, but hitting almost 20 points with a bronze is considered fine. Wake up, dude.

Officers are 5 strength. So to be able to get 16+ points, you need to mulligan a 11+ power cards. Not that many of those lying around, and when they are, you usually want them in your hand, not on the deck. Besides when they brick and you get a 5 point bronze. More importantly, you can't analyze cards that are the payoff of entire archetypes alone; it is like saying that Axemen should be nerfed because they are frequently 20+ power bronzes.

TrompeLaMort;n10528602 said:
Officers are 5 strength. So to be able to get 16+ points, you need to mulligan a 11+ power cards. Not that many of those lying around, and when they are, you usually want them in your hand, not on the deck. Besides when they brick and you get a 5 point bronze. More importantly, you can't analyze cards that are the payoff of entire archetypes alone; it is like saying that Axemen should be nerfed because they are frequently 20+ power bronzes.

You can mulligan a spy in a winning round, you can mulligan golds and call them with royal decree, you can mulligan ambush sappers and call one of them with Isengrim.
The point is - there are more than enough options to run this card for decent value and not get punished. It's solely your interaction with your deck and I as opponent can't really do anything without it.
Axemen can bring 20+, but need setup. They can be removed right after deploy, moved to another row, locked, I can cast armor on my row, move them, etc... And to get to 20+ one axeman requires at least 2 turns after deploy, so there's time to change the tactics and plan the round.

Top Bottom