Game Manual/Rules

+
Game Manual/Rules

I have a lot of questions about the order of operation on damage, buffs, and, boosts, and is there an and does it matter if things are different boards like do things boost in a different order starting from my board or my opponents? I also have some questions about spying. I am not really able to search the forums and get good results. Results from other games get mixed in and I can't find the answers to my questions.

There is no manual (yet). If you have any specific questions, just post them in this thread and I or someone else will answer them.

(Suggestion) Rule Book

Make a rule book. Even if you haven't finished testing or change mechanics later, a rule book will help keep everything in order. Have a section on turn phases (draw, beginning phase (upkeep), Mulligan, play phase, end phase, even a combat phase if you want to mess with automatic fights like duels in their own phase, or a spy phase when they can activate an ability).

A rule book would help new employees learn the game thoroughly, and the book would be a nice reference for current employees. The rule book will show you if you have some weird or singular cards, needing a special note (which should be a red flag). And put it into the game client too for players to read and learn.

Look at the magic the gathering rule book, to see how they outline their sections, the format they use, and how they word their rules. Their rule book is always changing because MTG changes with each update, mainly with new mechanics.

I cannot stress enough how much good a rule book can help you stay organized and help both the developers and players learning and keeping track of mechanics. Hopefully this will iron out the stacking rules on cards, which card should activate first kind of deal (I'm looking at you Savage bears, roach, imperial golems, and ambush). And the beginning of turn and end turn effects are all over the place too.

I know that CDPR is going "dark" and overhauling the game. So they might not even care what anyone posts here, and I understand that because most wouldn't apply to the new Gwent they are making. But I hope they see this and read at least the first sentence. I truely believe that, what ever route Gwent goes, this will help.

Top Bottom