GWENT Closed Beta Status Update

+
pchampn;n7650490 said:
Marcin: when is the open beta beginning? Is it February 6, 2017?
They haven't announced when Open Beta will begin so far as I can see. Since this is a "status update," and not a formal announcement with Open Beta release date, I sincerely doubt Open Beta will start next week. I suspect Open Beta will begin somewhere further down the road. Official clarification would be good though.

Good to know, and i like this solution a lot.
Currently level 22 rank 8, which means 8+16=24 kegs fresh on open beta to crack open
Would just like to know what the heck is the end of the season reward...

Awesome news! Also i'm gonna get around 50 kegs + ranked rewards, didn't expect so much to be honest.
I guess we can't get an estimated date for open beta/reset, can we? :p

jabberwocky0989;n7650600 said:
All fine with that. I'm just a bit confused: Will I get the money back I used for Kegs or will I get kegs (amount I bought)?

According to the OP

we will return you the amount of Kegs you bought with real money

This is consistent with the original FAQ released back when Gwent Closed Beta began. So to my knowledge you will get the amount of kegs you have already bought, not a monetary refund.

jabberwocky0989;n7650600 said:
Will I get the money back I used for Kegs or will I get kegs (amount I bought)?
You will receive the kegs:
Burza46;n7627510 said:
Every Card Keg you purchased — we will return you the amount of Kegs you bought with real money.

GrizzledLone;n7650120 said:
Your math is off.
30 lvl - 6 kegs, 10 rank - 20 kegs. Total of 26 kegs.

Not 1 keg each 2 ranks.

You have right. I get to that myself later :)
I changed my first post - 26 its pretty fine.

Rawls;n7650660 said:
According to the OP

This is consistent with the original FAQ released back when Gwent Closed Beta began. So to my knowledge you will get the amount of kegs you have already bought, not a monetary refund.

Thanks mate!
So I should have 24 from Ranks, another 15 from Levels, and ca. 120 from Money. Aglais be all like "You'll be fine" to me.

Marcin_Momot;n7650720 said:
Yes. This will happen during the transition between closed and open beta. Not during the Nilfgaard release.

Thanks Marcin for the clarification!

traffic7;n7649820 said:
Guys RU real? Nobody comment this huge news?
1. When?
2. pls show end season rewards :)

Overall I think this is ok . 30 lvl - 6 kegs, 10 rank - 20 kegs. Over 130h of playing 26 kegs :)
Not to bad
Greetings for all CDPR team.

Your math is still slightly off. CDPR said, 2 kegs every 5 levels and 2 kegs for every rank, so if you are 30 level and 10 rank, that implies: 6 * 2 = 12 kegs equivalent to your level + 2 * 10 = 20 kegs, so a total of 32 kegs!

With all that sounding great and I'm also thankful for that, but I have a question about player level. Let's say that there are two casual players who only did 1st tier since the first time, but one started at the end of october, the other at the end of november. Clearly the player who started earlier gained more level/put more time in playing before the reset. Now -after level reset- both player is at the same level because the one tier per level thingy. Let's assume none of them played ranked. Will they get the same amount of kegs (as players on the same level), or are the pre-reset levels taken into account? Just asking :) (in the example, I'm the one who started in the end of november so I'm not asking this because I'm a greedy f*ck :p :) )

Last edited:
dongatto;n7650850 said:
With all that sounding great and I'm also thankful for that, but I have a question about player level. Let's say that there are two casual players who only did 1st tier since the first time, but one started at the end of october, the other at the end of november. Clearly the player who started earlier gained more level/put more time in playing before the reset. Now -after level reset- both player is at the same level because the one tier per level thingy. Let's assume none of them played ranked. Will they get the same amount of kegs (as players on the same level), or are the pre-reset levels taken into account? Just asking :) (in the example, I'm the one who started in the end of november so I'm not asking this because I'm a greedy f*ck :p :) )

Pre-reset levels don't matter.

Marcin_Momot;n7650720 said:
Yes. This will happen during the transition between closed and open beta. Not during the Nilfgaard release.

Thank you for confirming! There's been some confusion surrounding this point.

MadOctopus;n7650530 said:
To people complaining that the newcomers can just buy advantage. OK, I've bought around 60 keg's during CBT. Did it make me an überplayer? No. But now I have much bigger advantage - experience, knowledge of decks, combos etc.
After the open beta starts there will be so many noobs, so all CBT players will grow like mad just because of their knowledge.
And kudos to the Devs for a very generous wipe.

But then you cant argue with a wipe for the sake of an "equal ground" which seems to be the reason for a wipe now.
I'm not saying they shouldnt, neither do I want to complain about the rewards (Im thankful there are any in the end). But if they keep this progression rate (and thats all what I'm counting on with this arguement) this is really not much tbh.
I was hoping for cosmetic rewards based on progress but 2 kegs for so much playtime (ranks or 5 levels take waaaay longer than 2 kegs via tier completitions) is really not worth it if you go for progress so I guess I will just test Nilfgaard and wait for the release then :D
(In other words, if they keep this progression rate I could probably get about 150 kegs or more in the same time like I need to get about 30 kegs or so from Level and rank rewards from the beta)

wolfi.ds;n7650350 said:
Also do you reset the ore and scraps we have? I would assume so but it isn't stated that clear (or I missed something).
Burza46;n7627510 said:
That’s why we need to reset everyone’s [...] game progress (player level, Ore and Scraps)
That is pretty clear.

Burza46;n7627510 said:
That’s why we need to reset everyone’s card collection (fear not — we’ll give you back all the Kegs you purchased with real money!) and game progress (player level, Ore and Scraps)

So.. you didnt mentioned kegs bought with ore but not opened yet. Will they be gone too?

el_Bosco;n7651290 said:
Will they be gone too?
Since those kegs you bought with ore are bound to ore and they remove your ore those will be lost. Might open a mine with all that ore in here.

Top Bottom