Shupe's Big Adventure Deck Discussions

+

DRK3

Forum veteran
Do Shupe users actually know all 15 possible effects by heart? If so, i applaud them. So far, i've only seen what... 3 or 4 of those effects, cant wait to see them all.

In fact, i'll make a promise now - when i see all effects from Shupe, i'll craft it and start using it myself!

DRK3;n10176102 said:
Do Shupe users actually know all 15 possible effects by heart? If so, i applaud them. So far, i've only seen what... 3 or 4 of those effects, cant wait to see them all.
In fact, i'll make a promise now - when i see all effects from Shupe, i'll craft it and start using it myself!
There are 6 or so that I use fairly regularly. But some are definitely better than others. It differs based on the circumstances ... but there's a pretty typical priority IMO -

Shupe Mage (4): (1) Draw a card; (2) Spawn random hazards on all enemy rows; (3) Deal 10 damage to an enemy and 5 to any adjacent to it. Once somebody opened with a really high value target in round 3, and I was going for "Charm a random enemy" but I didn't get it. :(

Shupe Hunter (8): I honestly don't use hunter much.

Shupe Knight (12): (1) Strengthen self to 25; (2) Duel an enemy; (3) Destroy enemies with less than 4 power (remember it says less than 4, not four are less).

Last edited:
4RM3D;n10003481 said:
Francesca

Shupe's Bizarre Adventure Vesemir: Mentor Ithlinne Schirrú

Yaevinn Pavko Gale Barclay Els Expired Ale Morana Runestone Mahakam Horn

Vrihedd Neophyte Vrihedd Brigade Vrihedd Dragoon Dwarven Mercenary Dwarven Skirmisher Half-Elf Hunter Vrihedd Officer Pyrotechnican Wardancer Dwarven Agitator Elven Scout Elven Mercanery
Alzur's Thunder Mahakam Ale Reconnaisance

Gave something similar a try last night and went undefeated for a handful of games. Based all around boosting and thinning.

Eithne

Shupe's Bizarre Adventure - Muzzle - Schirru - Geralt: Igni

Yaevinn - Summoning Circle - Nature's Gift - The Last Wish - White Frost - Iris

Vrihedd Neophyte - Vrihedd Dragoon - Dwarven Skirmisher - Mahakham Maurader - Mahkham Guard - Farseer - Vrihedd Officer - Wardancer - Dwarven Agitator - Elven Scout - Elven Merc

Alzur's Thunder - Mahakam Ale - Reconnaisance - First Light

EDIT: Made a couple small changes. Went 9-1 tonight with this deck and made it to Rank 16 (yeah I'm not very high on the ladder).

Last edited:
In addition to the Monsters deck I mentioned earlier (still have and play it), I've also created an ST Shupe deck. Both decks have been built for high RNG, yet they still do fairly well in casual. :p

Monsters deck: Long Live RNG
Scoia'tael deck: Golden Gamble

OMG

I had such fun with Shupe today.

I was facing NR swarm and knew the opponent was about to yennefer and win the round. I really thought I would lose it. So I was contemplating caryover and chose Shupe knight, in the hope of getting that 12 point resielency. But omg I didn`t got that and instead saw the ability to destroy enemies with 4 power or less, and my opponent hadn`t yenneferd yet. That was so much fun, all his/her peasant militias, and poor flanking infantry gone in one move lol

SoSaHer;n10193572 said:
But omg I didn`t got that and instead saw the ability to destroy enemies with 4 power or less, and my opponent hadn`t yenneferd yet.

Shupe is sometimes full of Shuperises :p

I also made a Scoia Shupe deck and it worked surprisingly well. Need to do more tests with it next week in ranked and in casuals. Only problem with Shupe for me is that I have to keep notes close, so that I can remember what are his possible abilities under all those options.

Shupe issues?

Curious if there are issues with shupe. I don't play him much but have a fitting deck for him to be included every other time I play him he goes right into the discard pile.. Also were his abilities changed recently. I had options to duel, reset a unit, a become resilient. Can't No option to boost to 25.is this normal.

Yep. Same here. I read on forums that he supposed to have a pool of 5 abilities for each variation and give you 3 randomly. But he always give me this 3 exact options. Every single time. Duel, resilient,reset. Might be bug or super unlucky. Same goes for mage. It's always charm, hazards or draw card. Haven't tried Archer yet.

Mancoon1980 thread merged

All the possible abilities of Shupe are listed in the OP. If the card doesn't work, that means you've accidentally added a duplicate bronze to your deck.

I like the idea behind shupe but the limit of 3 possibilities is awful. You can't really make any tactic, for example turning enemies to value of 3, if you can't be sure that this option will be available.

Kerset;n10284772 said:
I like the idea behind shupe but the limit of 3 possibilities is awful. You can't really make any tactic, for example turning enemies to value of 3, if you can't be sure that this option will be available.
Normally you have two options in mind when you make the choice. Rarely do you not get at least one of them.

I've gotten to Rank 18 with a 50-33-1 record playing this Shupe deck exclusively this month -

Fran
Shupe - Iorveth - Ithlinne - Schirru
Artifact Compression - Mandrake - Nature's Gift - Ida - Ele'yas - Yaevinn
First Light - Azur's Thunder - Lacerate - Elven Scout - Wardancer - V Officer - Pyromancer - Swordmaster - Half-Elf Hunter - Skirmisher - Hawker Support - Hawker Smuggler - V Dragoon - Farseer - V Neophyte

1. The card you really have to pay attention to is your Azur's Thunder. I find the other spells, boons and hazards too inconsistent, so I don't run them. And with Fran as a leader it's not a huge deal so long as you know what you're doing. But be warned, because if it ends up in your hand with Ithlinne ... you've got problems. Try to hold onto Fran till Round 3 IF you haven't played Ithlinne yet because you'll want her just in case you get an unlucky thunder draw. If it looks like your opponent playing mill, play Ithlinne sooner rather than later (as soon as you can get close to full value).
2. AC and Mandrake are your main targets for Nature's Gift obviously. Having all three in your hand at once is useless. However, these cards are essential against nekkers, viper witchers, enforcers, anything that boosts itself a lot, and several other archetypes that are currently popular. So having nature's gift + one of the other cards in your hand is good.
3. Whenever Ele'yas is in your hand, swap it if you can. It can end up a 20+ point silver if you have a smidgen of luck. I got it to 26 once (though that included a discard and then immediate draw again from Fran).

DRK3

Forum veteran
All the Shupes iven seen is with Francesca, i realize she's the Leader that makes it the easiest to get him, but come on, Shupe is viable with all Factions!

I use him on a Radovid deck, but i plan to expand to other unsuspecting factions, maybe Skellige...

Rawls;n10287212 said:
Normally you have two options in mind when you make the choice. Rarely do you not get at least one of them.
I usually go for 3 the moment i play him since then im guranteed to hit one. Having a txt document helps wonders with tracking all the optionsd

DRK3;n10497952 said:
All the Shupes iven seen is with Francesca, i realize she's the Leader that makes it the easiest to get him, but come on, Shupe is viable with all Factions!

I use him on a Radovid deck, but i plan to expand to other unsuspecting factions, maybe Skellige...

I use him with Skellige, Harald the Cripple Leader. I'm using this deck for the challenge and it's not bad. Harald and Savage Bear with Derran and Axeman are very good combos. Then, in the third round, the most beautiful ogroid in the world is dominant. My preferite move is charming an enemy when my opponent starts the round with a big card.

DRK3

Forum veteran
masttt23;n10499082 said:
I use him with Skellige, Harald the Cripple Leader. I'm using this deck for the challenge and it's not bad. Harald and Savage Bear with Derran and Axeman are very good combos. Then, in the third round, the most beautiful ogroid in the world is dominant. My preferite move is charming an enemy when my opponent starts the round with a big card.

Yeah, that seems like a great match for Shupe, specially with his ability to damage 2pt x9 times, which is similar to Harald's.

I've analyzed Shupe's 15 possible effects, and even though most were balanced to provide around 25 points, there are quite a few that have the potential to do a lot more, like the 'clear hazards and boost all units by 1' in a swarm deck or 'destroy all enemies with less than 4 pts' against an enemy swarm deck (i've done this before against a slave infantry deck and it was GLORIOUS)

so my opponent's Shupe just randomly charmed my 31 point card on a board with 10 cards and me holding a 40 point lead..... insane.

lightmatter;n10725031 said:
so my opponent's Shupe just randomly charmed my 31 point card on a board with 10 cards and me holding a 40 point lead..... insane.
Oh man ... for a long time I'd been under the impression that Shupe always picks the lowest value opponent card. Glad to know sometimes it works out for people.

I have Shuped a couple Ciri:Nova's in my day though. Always fun.

DRK3;n10176102 said:
Do Shupe users actually know all 15 possible effects by heart? If so, i applaud them. So far, i've only seen what... 3 or 4 of those effects, cant wait to see them all. In fact, i'll make a promise now - when i see all effects from Shupe, i'll craft it and start using it myself!

I have a post-it note with abbreviations of all abilities (like 4: draw, charm, play special (s,b),spawn hazard random, 5 10 5).There's two effects i rarely use (Deal 15 damage //usually no targets, Spawn random hazards on all enemy rows //gets countered easily) There's one effect i never used (Play any bronze or silver special from your deck //that's deck specific). So maybe you should craft it without promises:), it's fun.

Kerset;n10284772 said:

Well that's the beauty of it.

Last season I played a Skellige Shupe deck (and it was quite viable above 3600 too). Main strategy looked like this: Warmonger to Raider (thinning), Crach to An Craite Warrior (thinning), Herbalist to Adrenalin Rush (thinning) on the Warrior, Warrior gets hit heal it and strengthen it with Vesemir to Mandrake (thinning), Warrior gets hit again Dandelion: Poet to 7 point medic (thinning) healing the Warrior... usually in the 3rd round there are only 3 cards in your deck, and Shupe is in your hand.
//Although one time Shupe got stuck in this 3 card deck 3 times (I mean matches) in a row! (Since then the Start button on my controller doesn't working properly:D)

One time i was playing against a monster player, 2nd round my 20 point Warrior got hit with Manticore Venom, and I tought no worries I just resurrect the medic with the Freya (so I managed to play a 1 point Freya:), altought i got Sigrdrifa in my hand too), my opponent next play was Muzzle the Warrior, then he/she resurrected my medic with Caretaker (mmm... well played)

And of course the countless times the Herbalist or Adrenalin Rush card became dead made me abandon this deck.

But since then i created a PC account, and the first thing was to mill Geralt and Triss in order to create Shupe. I am playing a Francesca 'Quax Shupe deck now, and it's quite nice.

//I think Sarah is an auto-include in a Shupe deck.

Last edited:
Top Bottom