Ciri: Nova Deck Discussions

+
Ciri: Nova Deck Discussions

Just like with Shupe's Big Adventure, Ciri: Nova forced you to create a whole new kind of deck. I really like cards like these that create different ways to play Gwent.

Which factions/leaders do you think work best for Ciri: Nova?

My first thought is using a Dwarven deck with Agitator to offset the lose of not having a 3rd copy. A SK Cursed deck might also work decently because it doesn't rely on having 3 copies of everything. What are your thoughts?

DRK3

Forum veteran
Thanks for creating this topic, dont know if you had already planned it or it was my other comment that was the catalyst. Thanks anyway.

Well, Ciri Nova will be my 1st craft, and as a main SK, i'll probably try using Bran Discard, to make sure i get her on most matches.

Since i like Concept decks, im also planning to make it a Ciri deck, so i'll use all 3 versions of Ciri. Havent decided on the 4th Gold, but might be Marching Orders. Renew wont be useful at all since Ciri Dash never stays on GY and Ciri Nova is doomed, and regular Ciri obviously doesnt provide much value revived.

DRK3;n10011601 said:
im also planning to make it a Ciri deck, so i'll use all 3 versions of Ciri

You forgot to mention an important detail. How are you going to name that deck?

:hmm:

Cirinity (Ciri + Trinity)
Threesome (Uh... you know what I mean!)
Cirious Business?
Ciri's Gambit

I actually like the first suggestion.

I hope to deckbuild a mulligan deck with Ciri (2 vriheed officer, hattori, hawker support, and Ciri !) For the name, i think to Ciridiculous or Ciri tell me a joke, Ciri what loose does mean ? (Apple reference)

Not a Hensalt deck that is for sure :D

I see Scoia is mentioned already, I like Agitator idea and I like Mulligan maybe even more, Mulligan Handbuff Nova deck can work

What I personally would play would be Nilf Spies, besides Rainfarn and Menno people put all kinds of golds there and I think CNova can get a spot. I remember playing variant with two by two Imperas, when Assassins were popular. Only real down side is two Emissaries, but with double or triple Ceallach and two Vic Medic it can work. Deck has bunch of thinning so you are almost guaranteed CNova. As a plus Emissary less gives room for Ambassadors, so Fringila gambit fits naturally with 25 point gold (opponent doesn't even get to draw a card :D) while preserving spy synergy.

2xBrigade, 2xEnforcers, 2xNauzikaB, 2xMedic, 2xInfiltrator, 2xEmissary, 2xAmbassador and 2xRecruit, new card for thinning (alternatively 2xAssassin or 2xWeatherNauzika.

Hell that is so strong I shouldn't have even written it here :D

Btw when this becomes meta deck you have heard it here first :D

Last edited:
i was thinking of wildhund deck with 2hounds,boats,raiders,wariors,navigators,slizard and chrones. i even tested once but i failed miserably with the leader bricked, forgot i had played 2 wariors :(
:facepalm:

DRK3

Forum veteran
4RM3D;n10011781 said:
You forgot to mention an important detail. How are you going to name that deck?

:hmm:

Cirinity (Ciri + Trinity)
Threesome (Uh... you know what I mean!)
Cirious Business?
Ciri's Gambit

I actually like the first suggestion.

What the hell? I thought i was the only one who had come up with 'Cirious Business'! Did i bragged about it in these forums before, or maybe it just isnt that original and creative? (or maybe 4RM3D is a hacker?...)

Anyway, i havent thought too much about what bronzes to use because some of the new ones might be more effective or interesting. But im sure i could make a decent 3x Ciri with the current bronzes.

DRK3

Forum veteran
4RM3D As promised, i've made my Ciri Deck. Not only does it have all 3 Ciris, i've decided to transmute Ciri Dash and Ciri Nova, so now all 3 are Premium for max wow factor.

The golds and silvers are working well, but im the bronzes choice still needs some upgrading, specially because im still adjusting to the new sucky priestesses of Freya (who now get banished if discarded directly!)

And the deck name? 'Cirindipity'

I think it's a stupid card and I run xarithus hoping I never have to see it till one day it gets shot into the sun. Maybe one day I'll use exodia and he'll hadoken her in the face. But hey some people don't like strategy so I guess it's the greatest thing since white bread:cheers:

DRK3

Forum veteran
Seems this card is on the same path that Hailstorm threaded awhile ago - incredibly popular and equally hated.

I actually was one of the Hailstorm haters (dont have it to this day), but love Ciri Nova, but wasnt expecting this kind of hate and popularity.

Today, had one player using Usurper, that on R2 revelaed my Ciri Nova, said 'Dammit' emote and forfeited. And also saw someone forfeit on the mulligan screen, and i suspect it was because he saw 26 cards on my deck and assumed i had Ciri Nova (which i did).

I'm a bit shocked. Mostly because my deck is not that good yet, and the ones who actually stick up usually end up winning, not even those 25pts make a difference. But i guess te card can be OP on other decks, which is what's triggering all this hate for the card.

Nova its not op, can be ignied. And reduce your deck power.but it fun to play and its reliable.
I had to drop muzle because bears are 9 so i got Nova.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Im desperately trying to make my Ciri Nova deck work, while everyone else is complaning about her.

I even made my first WH/ Frost deck for the 1st time in Gwent and won twice in a row without any changes to it, but i cant optimize my damn SK Ciri deck...

Top Bottom