Wardancer to prevent drypassing

+
Wardancer to prevent drypassing

Hi all,

Something I fail to understand. Recently has become popular to include a Wardancer just to prevent your opponent from drypassing R2. I have some questions on this.

Naturally, opponent drypasses on R2 after he won R1, to recover CA lost to win R1. So, if you play a wardancer in R2, your opponent has a choice: either he lets you win R2 without spending a card (which never happens to me), or plays a card to avoid first situation. The latest forces you to play, since he took R1. So at this point I fail to understand what is exactly the point of preventing your opponent from dsrypassing you. Thoughts?

Wardancer prevents a dry pass. Your opponent CANNOT counter this, unless:

a) Your opponent plays such a powerful combo that you cannot close the gap with only 1 card.
b) Your opponent plays a silver spy.
c) Your opponent is just trying to bleed you (for more than one card).
d) Your opponent goes for the 2-0.

Other than that, your opponent playing one extra card does not solve the situation because (s)he goes down one card in doing so.

4RM3D;n10129952 said:
Wardancer prevents a dry pass. Your opponent CANNOT counter this, unless:

a) Your opponent plays such a powerful combo that you cannot close the gap with only 1 card.
b) Your opponent plays a silver spy.
c) Your opponent is just trying to bleed you (for more than one card).
d) Your opponent goes for the 2-0.

Other than that, your opponent playing one extra card does not solve the situation because (s)he goes down one card in doing so.

You forgot to add e) Your opponent plays Morkvargh, Olgeird and Cerys. :shock2:

Shuls02;n10132152 said:
You forgot to add e) Your opponent plays Morkvargh, Olgeird and Cerys.

Meaning the opponent has better carry-over (don't forget dwarfs and monsters). Yeah, almost forgot that was still a thing.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Or Ciri. The problem of Ciri is with the increase in points, she's vulnerable to a single Alzur's Thunder and poof, there goes your card advantage.

With the exception of yesterday, seeing a guy getting bad luck and getting my Ciri when he used Avallach: Sage, havent seen anyone else using that card for months. Why?

Because since they removed Gold Immunity, she's very vulnerable and a spy on R2 to reclaim CA is way more safe, which is a shame.

Eliadann;n10129832 said:
Hi all,

Something I fail to understand. Recently has become popular to include a Wardancer just to prevent your opponent from drypassing R2. I have some questions on this.

Naturally, opponent drypasses on R2 after he won R1, to recover CA lost to win R1. So, if you play a wardancer in R2, your opponent has a choice: either he lets you win R2 without spending a card (which never happens to me)

I think that's the problem then.
Dry passing can be really strong depending on your hand, the situation and the card advantage.
If you're playing a deck that benefits from a long rounds for example (Scoiat'ael movement, Handbuff, Harald ect) you'd rather get to R3 at equal cards rather than "wasting" your ressources into a R2 you're not guaranteed to take.

I always though that open passing is dumb and massively over rated by the players but dry passing make a lot of sense and can win you a ton of games.
That's why players run Wardancers, to deny this line of play essentialy.

what confuses me is players that include a single one to prevent the card loss of winning opponent dry passing R2, but then mulligan it R2 when they plann to dry pass anyways beacuse they won R1... unless you have a strong need to hunt for a specific card, seems like it'd make more sense to mulligan it R3 and pick up the extra points and critter on field, than waste it coming out R2 since the opponent can almost assuredly top it in a single card

Top Bottom