x

You have decided to merge your account with the GOG.com.

You can now start participating in the community discussions.

x

You chose to opt out from the merge process.
Please note that you will not be able to access your account until you opt in.

We strongly encourage you to merge your RED account with the GOG.com one.
If you want to do it later please try logging in again.

• Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Neutral Deck

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neutral Deck

Sorry guys, here i come with another one of my wacky ideas:

Is a fully, 100% Neutral deck viable? I know there arent any bronze neutral units, so it would have to have at least 15 neutral special cards, and that leads pretty much to Spellatel...

Even a Neutral Spellatel deck, i wouldnt know if it worked, but i dont like Spellatel and wont bother finding out. I want another faction, with not a single faction specific card.

Any ideas? I'll brainstorm and if i come up with something i'll share here.

You could make the ultimate meme deck with Gaunter and Avallach: The Sage lol. It's definitely not viable but probably really fun.
    "Up and at 'em, lazy mingers! Ye'll sleep when ye're dead!"

Comment

I tried neutral deck few times. Definitely not competitive or even reasonable, because the lack of neutral bronze units, but it was fun to play in friend matches Yay to wacko and experimental decks!

Sadly I can't remember what cards I used and what was the faction.

Comment

As others have already said, a neutral deck is a lot of fun but by no means viable in a competitive setting.

I picked Brouver Hoog for my neutral deck, so I can use him to pull the Silver witchers or Myrgtabrakke. All bronzes having to be specials isn't great, and I'd imagine it can be frustrating and/or boring to play against.

I've played the deck (or at least an earlier version of it) in casual once or twice, because why not. No one expects to run into something like that, so it has some surprise value.

Comment

Imagine if they implement a bronze neutral unit card. That would be interesting.
          Last edited by KDean11; 09-11-17, 15:42.

Comment

Originally posted by KDean11 View Post
            Imagine if they implement a bronze neutral unit card. That would be interesting.
            This me likey!

Comment

Will be tricky though to make a neutral bronze unit that has synergy with some of the neutral golds and silvers and at the same time isn't useless for normal factions.

But I certainly would not mind a neutral bronze unit, why not

Comment

What about a deck that has only witcher units and alchemy cards?

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleDealer View Post
                  Probably has similar problems... but I'm sure at some point we'll have witcher bronze units to make a deck like that work.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleDealer View Post
                    Already done that, and it actually worked surprisingly well, specially when compared to my dragon deck...

Well, it isnt full 100% witchers, as there are only Gold and Silver Witcher cards, but at least those 10 were all witchers (or the only silver alchemy card at the time -Dbomb).

The bronzes were alchemists to pull up tons of potions, but i was using it with Morvran so it also had spotters to buff with my revealed Geralt, plus those bronzes to mill the deck.

Comment

So, like i promised, i've made my attempt at a neutral deck... and it's awesome!

So far, 5 wins (one of them a forfeit for no reason) and 1 defeat in casual. I've uploaded a pic of the deck. Definitely now is the best time to make this neutral deck, as there are 2 neutral cards essential to this one that only came out this update:

Crows eye and "cow guy". I use Emhyr so i can use cow guy 3 times in a match, over 2 different rounds. I use the spawned cows for bloodcurdling roars, stammelford tremors and potions. And silver cow and Dorregaray for extra bodies on the board.

I havent even been able to play Drought and Geralt Aard and i've still won. Maybe i'll tweak it even further.

Comment

Working...
                      X