Weather Deck post patch 3.5MMR

+
Weather Deck post patch 3.5MMR

Been playing with a deck I put together last patch to counter current meta and use weather since I love playing weather :p

This carried me from 3.1k to 3.5k last night with ZERO defeats.

Have fun trying it :D

Attachments

• photo157520.jpg
    photo157520.jpg
    412.9 KB · Views: 87
Why no crones? Also ya got 3x hounds and 3x frost bite. Imo its better to replace 1 hound and 1x frost bite for fog + harpy. Fog has just so much synergy with Dagon deck. It helps that it also pulls all the foglets from your deck and therefore thinning it making it a lot more consistent. Harpy in general is just a very solid card. That being said I am rather confused on why you'd put Ekimara in it if ya just run 2x harpies. Feels like it has so little synergy in your deck. Wouldn't an additional earth ele/Lacerate be better?

screw weather, i use eredin with only 2 hounds and Dagon is everywhere at 4000mmr, i hate foglets,they just spam fog and win if oponent has no clearskyes, brainless....

I hate weather with such an absolute passion I hope you and other weather players get crotch fleas.......but I mean that in the nicest way possible :)

supafreaky;n9130380 said:
I hate weather with such an absolute passion I hope you and other weather players get crotch fleas.......but I mean that in the nicest way possible :)

Of course. Of course - nice crotch fleas are the best kind. Tea, crumpets, itching.

Anyhoo, you're kind of spamming your weather hate. Repetitive and non-conducive to the..things...we want to see. Which are a civilized, vaguely interesting discussion. Please vary it up for a bit, thanks.

Jelle1991;n9126880 said:
Why no crones? Also ya got 3x hounds and 3x frost bite. Imo its better to replace 1 hound and 1x frost bite for fog + harpy. Fog has just so much synergy with Dagon deck. It helps that it also pulls all the foglets from your deck and therefore thinning it making it a lot more consistent. Harpy in general is just a very solid card. That being said I am rather confused on why you'd put Ekimara in it if ya just run 2x harpies. Feels like it has so little synergy in your deck. Wouldn't an additional earth ele/Lacerate be better?

I started encountering Dagon Swarms everytime on ladder and stopped playing this deck, I'm now using a wierd ST deck (no dwarves and not spellatel either) that surprisingly enough works real well.

BUT, to explain my thought process: No crones because I feel the other silvers I have on this work better overall, but this could surely work too. The 3x hounds and frostbite help thinning the deck while also allowing me to spam frost turn 1, but again, for+harpy would be good too. The 1 Ekki is there to get a surprise carryover from a harpy egg or some spy the opponent throws, usually works pretty well since they arent expecting it and counting on those points for the next round.

I'm really just waiting for next patch, hoping there will be some balance there, cause it seems to me that devs really, really hate monster decks.

After that harsh nerfing of the weather cards, playing with monster deck is a gamble however you play it, and it can be described like a match of ping-pong between utter frustration and close wins, especially if you manage to crawl up that ladder of ranked game and starting to face better and better oponents.

Let's see NR deck, f.e? It is so OP'd that I really hope that they will in future at least nerf a bit of that never ending spawning of reaver hunters, reaver scouts, selfbuffing knights, medics... etc (special and silver cards are O.K, but they can play without most of them very often, at least against monster decks).

There is simply no defense against someone that needs only 1 or 2 cards to screw your wild hunt raiders (7 pts each) deck, and crones aren't that hard to conquer if at the last round you spawn 1 bizzillion pts with King Bran and his everbuffing reavers or selfrepairing and selfbuffing knights.

There is a simillar technique for all of the factions:

Scoiatel has their own buffers that aren't special cards like potions. No, they're just regular bronze cards that are buffing their other cards, plus the ability to move them around and escape any weather effect at all, like dwarven mercenaries. What to say about silver cards? Barclay and Yarpen Zigrin have their card advantage pluses, PLUS buffing of all the other cards. What bronze or silver card in a monster deck has ANY of that perks? There aren't any. In monster decks you're happy if you get 2 golden cards in 3 turns, and buffing is an option only with "Trio" of Wild hunt riders, but Geralt Igni or anyone that can kill or lock just ONE of them is enough to leave monsters floating dead in the water.

Nilfgaard and their revealing bonuses have no borders. You have to really suck to lose from monsters, if you have only one rot tosser, not to mention 3 of them.

Whom did I forget? Skellige?

I don't know, to me Skellige seems like a balanced deck, but at the same time that means they suffer a lot from other OP'd factions just like monsters.

And don't take this post as whining, I play and win more than I lose; I'm just pointing on OP'd cards and decks, I have nothing against the players that are taking advantage of this and play with their NR or any other faction deck. I'll always hit that "good game" button, cause all of you, just like me - are playing with the hand it's dealt to you, there is nothing wrong in that.

If my crones or Harpies or whatever would buff themselves or other cards around them, I'd be happy as you are in your armored and self healing and selfbuffing knights or reavers or dwarves, I don't "hate the player - I hate the game".

With obvious thing - I don't hate anything - just pointing out to some annoying shait, that's all.

All the best to you all..

Last edited:
Aetoimene;n9192421 said:
I'm really just waiting for next patch, hoping there will be some balance there, cause it seems to me that devs really, really hate monster decks.

After that harsh nerfing of the weather cards, playing with monster deck is a gamble however you play it, and it can be described like a match of ping-pong between utter frustration and close wins, especially if you manage to crawl up that ladder of ranked game and starting to face better and better oponents.
Based on the most recent leader popularity and winrates, Monsters are performing better than any other faction right now.

They have 2 tier-1 decks and 2 tier-2 decks right now, according to the latest meta snapshot.

If you're having trouble winning with your Monsters deck, you're one of the few.

Aetoimene;n9192421 said:

Let's see NR deck, f.e? It is so OP'd that I really hope that they will in future at least nerf a bit of that never ending spawning of reaver hunters, reaver scouts, selfbuffing knights, medics... etc (special and silver cards are O.K, but they can play without most of them very often, at least against monster decks).

Oh man i'm here as a Foltest swarm player to see Monster player side of thinking when they face NR

And here i give you a share of my thinking when I face monster players

First of all when i match up against Monster consume deck. Most of the time the match up was so damn frustrating with all of those Nekkers and god damn harpies and their eggs.
Like seriously the harpy eggs was too good for a single card. It does 3 separate thing. 1) Give 5 str to consume , 2) Spawning more harpies and as carry over , 3) Trigger another minion deathwish.
Seriously everytime i see harpy pops up i got this 2 conflicting choice whether to pop the eggs or just let the eggs live and be a more dangerous problem with the lizard consuming monster.

And against any kind of monster weather deck you guys would usually have more weather than i have clear skies in hand. And countering weather with clear skies is just shit since i waste a turn clearing the weather and the damage is already done...
But well I usually just overpower the weather and just swarm the deck and forces the opponent to pass the turn so weather is not that bad.

And playing reaver hunters and medic is a high risk high reward gameplay. Since 90% of my opponent has Geralt : Igni / scorch it's a huge risk to play reaver hunters and risking it to get countered.
And medic RNG sometimes just backfired at me spawning Temerian Infantrymen when i need to save it for T2 / T3. Or just prematurely spawning Reaver hunters and i was forced to play all of them.

Btw most people would run scorch too and since almost all of the NR minion has the same strength because of the Kaeldwani Sergeant they just became a huge target for 50 point scorch.

Pravicors and Esra01, I see your point.

And I admit, yesterday I got into losing streak and NR decks really p*ssed me off so I raged gainst patch again, but the aim of the game isn't to be invincible; I can't win all the time.

Later I went into winning streak and got one more rank, so it clearly isn't just cards fault for my stupid losses.

I'm still standing behind the claim that some cards are very OP'd, but it's clear that every deck has it's own strengths and weaknesses, sorry if I went to far.

All the best to you all.

Top Bottom