Annoyance.deck

+
Annoyance.deck

This is the deck I alluded to in the slave hunter thread, as an idea for a way to put the card to good use. I've observed that a lot of ranked decks rely on low power enabling cards like elven scout, mahakam whatshisname, vicovaro novice, and beastmaster. This deck's primary plan is to **** with these arrogant decks as much as possible by stealing their enabling pieces and just generally be as annoying as possible while building up its own board. It's proven surprisingly effective. As in 'got 60 points up on NG spies' surprisingly effective, though I lost that game due to double-stacked cantarella into gigni. So first, the (original) version of this deck:

Leader: Emhyr

Golds: Steffan Skellen, Vilgefortz, Cahir, Muzzle

Silvers: Sweers, Peter Gwynleve, Vanhemar, Vreemde, Ceallach, Nilfgaardian Gate

Bronzes: Slave Hunter x 3, Vicovaro Medic x 3, Nilfgaardian Knight x 2, Standard Bearer x 3, Slave Driver x 3, Vicovaro Novice x 1, Ointment x1

The general plan of action is to steal, steal, steal and generally irritate. It's a fairly thought-intensive deck that only works if you have a good knowledge of the other factions and what cards they're probably using, so you know what to target with Sweers/Muzzle. The bronzes are the weakest and least certain part, as the deck has a couple of obvious issues; while it benefits from the opponent's stuff a lot, it has no real finisher and not even much in the way of true muscle, which is how the Nilf Knights ended up in there. I've considered that the golds are probably where to look for finishers but outside Tibor I don't see much that excites. Steffan is usually used to set up a tech card depending on how the game is developing, or Vreemde as the standard choice as he can lead to some pretty good chain-spawns (via recruit). Either way, Vreemde is one of the deck's better set-up turn 3 plays; a Skellan-boosted Vreem is usually somewhere around 20 pts depending on RNG (recruit into nilf knight gets 21, for example). Emhyr is the leader for obvious reasons. Re-using Sweers/Peter/Vreem/Ceallach/Vanhamar or basically anything else, chain stealing with Vicovaro Medic or Slave Hunter if its needed, and Cahir is obviously there to repeat the fun. Nilf gate is obvious tech card since it grabs fully 4 6ths of the deck's silvers.

Standard Bearers don't usually perform well until you start using Vreem and Slave Driver, but they go funny if you get two on the board. I'm thinking these are probably better cut for something else but not sure what. Maybe the slave infantry/sentry combo?

So have at it guys. Should I squeeze in Cantarella/Stone for the potential double spy plays that are so memish right now? Thoughts on the bronzes and the role of the golds?

I have no idea if this can be competitive, but it has promise. I took a cirinova/olaf double bill deck to a draw with this, so it can definitely get up there. Obviously in part this is a fun deck, but I'd like to see if we can actually make a meta deck that'll work in this game rather than just netdecking everything.

Edit: Oh yeah, ideal opening hands. You want Nilf gate, at least one medic and one slave hunter in the opening hand, vanhemar ideally as he's one of the few major players you can't search up, preferably muzzle, and after that whatever's good. Cahir is obviously something to draw in turn 2 if you can. The deck doesn't normally want a long round 1 as it has few ways to directly kill things and so struggles to get cards into the graveyard unless the enemy helps or SWEERS ATTACKS. This deck majorly annoys bears and most ST decks I've run into, and can do hilarious things to other NG decks as well. Especially spies. Also, I had a very funny game vs NR where I ended up with 4 reinforced trebuchet. I'm quite confident he wasn't fond of this arrangement.

Last edited:
Get venedal elite and you can steal cards from their hand.
grab that iorveth boy

:mean:

That was anothing approach I'd been thinking of. Go for Cynthia + alchemists and Venendral to cripple stuff in their hands as well as all the rest. I'll give it a try and see how it goes.

Stealing Beastmasters is SUCH a great feeling lmao. I'll post my deck later. We use almost the same cards when if comes to Golds. I really want Shilard for this deck too.

Last edited:
How could I forget shilard??? So annoying! In he goes.

Letho might also be worthwhile since he removes people's stuff.

Last edited:

DRK3

Forum veteran
Wait, do you mean Letho is back to banishing the units he consumes? Cuz if thats the case, i might go back to using him, he's been catching dust since he was nerfed to the ground.

I think he banished a couple of my units recently. Maybe it was a bug though? There's so many... He drains all their power, doesn't that automatically banish units in Gwent?

iamthedave;n10171742 said:
He drains all their power, doesn't that automatically banish units in Gwent?

No, it just means the units are sent to the graveyard -- unless they have the Doomed tag, in which case they do get banished.

Under "normal" circumstances (no Doomed involved) Letho simply locks and kills the units he targets.

Never take letho if you don't have mushrooms, single peter is not enough.
I think that you forgot about magne, it has better value that novice and it is able to trigger bearer.
In general I feel that you should swap some knight or bearer with first light. It is not big deal for you to grab random bronze if you wait long enough but on other hand you have sweet chance to you piss off weather player.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Its weird that i was thinking of NG archetypes, and didnt want to go spy or reveal, and i already had a alchemy / witcher deck, so i wanted something different and ended up with something similar to this.

Even weirder is how good it is. Mine is a bit different on the Golds - i use the Usurper which i crafted today, because how else are you gonna steal your opponent's Leader? Then i use ALL the Viper School Witchers: Letho, Letho Kingslayer, Auckes, Serrit, 3x Viper Witchers.

But the basis is the 3x Slave Drivers, 3x Vicovaro Medics and 3x Ointments (to revive Driver or Novice). Im pretty sure NG ressurection will be nerfed soon cuz right now its ridiculous.

I took a stab at an annoyance deck tonight...

"Stop Copying Me!"
Emhyr
Royal Decree
Cahir Dyffryn
Muzzle
Hanmarvyn's Dream

The Guardian
Sweers
Decoy
Alzhur's Double-Cross
Garrison
Summoning Circle

3x Slave Driver
3x Vicovaro Medic
3x Magne Division
3x Ointment
3x Petri's Philter

Basic Deck theory... copy and steal anything you can get your grubby little hands on... R1 3x Guardian is a blast, haven't managed to hit Sweers with it yet but it could potentially slaughter Blue Stripes

works especially well on SK Discard/Buff, Loads of fun against Reveal Mill, and not to shabby against Dorf Spam... long chains of Slave Driver > Vicovaro Medic are possible against decks that use those

Last edited:
Pokemon was after my time (beta MTG, and all the CCGs that cropped up at that time were my jam), so I never really got into it... I still play a variation of this deck and even though the win rate isn't fantastic, it's always fun, and makes you think about what you need to play

Top Bottom