Queensguard Useless Now?

+
Queensguard Useless Now?

queensguard deck is literally in a very bad state right now,requires a lot of cards to work,if someone stole 1-2 of ur girls it basically over. and its not even strong! so my question is:was this nerf for them necessary?

Last edited by a moderator:
I like them. They aren't top tier, but you can make over-eager weather players pay hard with a little planning and stategery.

I've been running queensguards and am having a really tough time (only like 1650 mmr), it basically feels like I can never get all the cards i need to make it work in one hand. If I do get draig in my first hand, I don't have operator, if I do get operator, I don't have any res cards, and having to avoid drawing shieldmaidens means I frequently have to pass my mulligan on a pretty mediocre hand because I have like a 50% chance of drawing a shieldmaiden

because nobody plays it, i gave up caretaker so i was about to get ass burned today by a guy with operator that stealed my card with Birrna so he had 5 buffed gurls. :)
lucky me draw Water Hag in round 3, otherwise those gurls would rape me :)

Quensguard is pretty much dead.
Its still fun to play, I can win, but not in the ranked.
Quensguard requires many cards to work: operator, draig, decoy.
Skellige has many tools to have this required cards: ermion, avallach, alzur cross, but still, quensguard lacks of many needed things for current meta.
There are several cards which 100% kills quensguards: katakan (a lot of monsters have it), caretaker, single vicovaro, goul (rarely encountered them).
So its still fun, but not for ladder.

The nerf makes sense because in some situations QG worked too well.

But yes, the nerf also made more clear that this card still is problematic.

Anyhow I think there simply need to be effective ways to protect your graveyard. Right now playing QG seems a bit screwed up.

Just had a guy decoy DBD so he can buff his QG. Kept doing nothing but this. Time to tech in some medics and see them ragequit.

I got lucky, my oponent draw DBD with dublecross but queensgard was on board so buffed nothing :)

Being pummeled by Queensguard caused me to add Necromancy to several of my decks. Still finding the card useful even against decks that aren't Discard.

I don't think QG is useless, but I think they need a certain buff. When they die, if they can go to the original owner's graveyard, they'd be perfectly viable. This helps mitigate Caretaker and Vicovaro Medic without overly buffing the card. Banishment effects would work as normal.

When fighting aainst NG or Monster, we just have to be smart on summoning the QG.

Anyway there is a lot of variation of QG right now, theres discard QG, Longboat QG. Even Kambi QG. , I feel the Kambi QG is thebest deck, but hardest to pull off.

I'm playing Kambi Axe myself, So i pretty much could smell if sombody is trying to pull a Kambi on me, But if sombody never played a kambi deck , they will come in for a shock.

When next patch hits this will be officially true if Nilfgaard is one of the top factions just because Letho will be able to hit Cerys as well :facepalm:

Actually there's something interesting. Right now you can strengthen Cerys so she won't get stolen or something. Even if your opponent would steal one QG, cerys would have much strength.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Yup, Cerys is definitely the best target to buff on Queensguard decks, as she cant be stolen by Caretakers, consumed by Katakans, stolen by NG medics, put back on the deck by that NG sorceress i forgot her name, and many others.

Im not sure, but she probably cant be stolen by silver SK lock guy neither (i really should memorize this guy's name, ive used him hundreds of times...)

The only possible weakness i can think is Cerys being stolen by Succubus.

(EDIT) Letho sucks now. Not only does he only eat 2 units instead of 4, they are not banished but sent to the GY, so you can rez the QG again.

Top Bottom