Unclear Which Effects Ignore Quen

+
Unclear Which Effects Ignore Quen

Fringila - couldn't touch quen ( but text doesn't refer to this ) ** also Fringila doing power swap
Serrit - couldn't hit quen ( but text doesn't refer to this )
Venendal Elite - couldn't hit quen ( but text doesn't refer to this )

alot of units doesn't touch the quen.. (except peter)

butt...
Bronze witcher hunter able to the this. ..!! wtf..

Quen does not protect a unit from reset effects or special effects, like Scorch and Artefact Compression. Because Witch Hunter has a reset effect, Quen is powerless against it. Everything else it considered damage. However, it's not clearly stated in the description of Fringilla and Venendal Elite what kind of effect it is. This could be clarified or made to be more consistent.

PS. Changed the topic title to reflect the content better.

Quen protects against damage and weakening.
Everything else and that is : Transformation, Destruction(Menno,Scorch,Gigni, Epidemic...), Banishment, Reset and lock goes "through" Quen.

For example if you used Peter you probably noticed how it does reset the unit but it does not weaken it.

4RM3D;n9877061 said:
Quen does not protect a unit from reset effects or special effects, like Scorch and Artefact Compression. Because Witch Hunter has a reset effect, Quen is powerless against it. Everything else it considered damage. However, it's not clearly stated in the description of Fringilla and Venendal Elite what kind of effect it is. This could be clarified or made to be more consistent.

PS. Changed the topic title to reflect the content better.

Quen not works by special karts, schorch , gigni , epidemic etc ok..
i think bronze units shouldn't ignore quen.. thats why there is a quen card..

nemirni;n9878551 said:
Quen protects against damage and weakening.
For example if you used Peter you probably noticed how it does reset the unit but it does not weaken it.

Peter's weakening goes through Quen.

But yes, better clarification on what passes through and what type of attack a card uses would be great.

And i saw yesterday , regis strenghten to 13 ( hit the spy body)
then opponent used "withcer hunter" hit the regis and regis turn the 7 power ?

is it normal ? because regis not buffing , its strenghten..

kaanakyuz;n9883491 said:
is it normal ? because regis not buffing , its strenghten..

Actually, Regis does Boost rather than Strengthen (despite removing base strength from the targeted unit). So the Witch Hunter's reset was working as intended. :)

quantum_number;n9882321 said:
Peter's weakening goes through Quen.

But yes, better clarification on what passes through and what type of attack a card uses would be great.

I don't think it goes through. Last time i used Peter on shielded DBP it reset the unit to base strength 2, but it did not weaken it to zero. I remember because i was surprised how it stayed on the board.

I agree, the clarification would be beneficial.

Top Bottom