Best Visuals

+
example of Skellige with beautiful grass and foliage distance stretched out well beyond ultra, even well beyond what supreme graphics mod can do

Attachments

• grass distance.png
    grass distance.png
    409.8 KB · Views: 302
Also, i am also Alexander Justin H, i made the post from my phone and posted the pic from my pc, i dont know why i have 2 different account lol

and here's it in Novigrad. If you look into the background you will see that the foliage distance is pretty far out. Here's the kicker, in this image my foliage density is set below vanilla low. this is the reason why i say use toussaint grass in novigrad and velen because its still had nice density even when its set to vanilla low or below vanilla low which is the case in this picture. saves a ton of fps

Attachments

• other grass.png
    other grass.png
    467.3 KB · Views: 468
Oh man, so Lexars light delux is suppose to cover most of them? Now I am a bit confused, do I get all the mods I listed or just lexars light deluxe?

but then someone said they are half baked, what does that mean? Lol

It means that people have reported Lighting Deluxe 3.0 to be buggy. I haven't tried it myself but I have read that it is buggy. To what extent, I do not know.
There's also the "E3 Lighting Mod" by some Asian guy on youtube. He posted the link to it in one of his video descriptions. That one looks sweet in his videos, but who knows how that translates to actually playing it for yourself.
Honestly, I'm not the biggest fan of these lighting mods. With quite a few of them you can instantly tell that it's just a filter of sorts on top of the image, and it looks weird. I haven't tested all of them though. I guess trial and error will be your best friend when it comes to lighting mods.

If you considered Lighting Deluxe 3.0 only because it has other mods bundled with it, I say just install them yourself instead of going for a package of mods. Install Witcher 3 Mod Manager (not Nexus Mod Manager), download the mods, and install them with W3 Mod Manager. Some mods might require manual installation.

A few months back, some of the members here telling me to install the mods manually and use script merger, and not to use W3MM because it is buggy?

is that still the case or is it now better to use W3MM?

I have had no problems with it.

It's certainly enough to install the usual mods. Just make sure to read the descriptions, and install manually those mods which require manual installation.
When you set up W3MM, it asks you for the path to the Script Merger executable. SM pretty much becomes a plugin for W3MM, and it works perfectly. I have literally had zero problems with it thus far.

PloughEnthusiast;n10958993 said:
I have had no problems with it.

It's certainly enough to install the usual mods. Just make sure to read the descriptions, and install manually those mods which require manual installation.
When you set up W3MM, it asks you for the path to the Script Merger executable. SM pretty much becomes a plugin for W3MM, and it works perfectly. I have literally had zero problems with it thus far.

ok, so you are using alot of graphic mods and GM installed through W3MM?

I don't have as many installed as I used to, but I still got quite a few mods installed and most of them are installed through W3MM. Works just fine for me. Certain mods need to be installed manually though, like the High Res Character Shadows and Lip Movement mod.

PloughEnthusiast;n10959767 said:
I don't have as many installed as I used to, but I still got quite a few mods installed and most of them are installed through W3MM. Works just fine for me. Certain mods need to be installed manually though, like the High Res Character Shadows and Lip Movement mod.

How do you know if a certain mod must be installed manually and nkt possible via W3MM?

If the description of the mod says so.
For example, the "Unification Patch" has specific instructions. So does the "High Res Character Shadows and Lip Movement" mod. In those cases, you can't just copy the mod into your mod folder and be done with it (which is what the mod manager does, more or less), but they require you to copy different folders into different places, and so you gotta do it yourself. But in my case, the overwhelming marority of mods, 95% or so, can be installed with W3MM. It even has more functionality than Nexus Mod Manager. For example, when installing Friendly HUD mod (which requires you to install the Unification Patch, btw), the W3MM will automatically install all the key rebinds the mod has. If you manually install the mod, as far as I know, you gotta install those key rebinds manually by writing them into the input.settings file.

But don't think so much about it. Download it here: https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/2678
The description is long and quite imposing, don't let that scare you off. This program is such a quality of life improvement, it's absolutely a must have in my opinion.
Download it, follow the instructions to a T and manage your mods with it. Also, make sure to download Script Merger. It becomes a plugin for W3MM more or less, and it's very useful for detecting mod conflicts and resolving them. https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/484
I'm not sure whether you can install lighting mods with it. I mean I'm sure you can, but they might require manual installation so again, read the description.

Be mindful when installing mods. Always read the description and check out the comment section for eventual pinned comments by the mod author, or pinned conversations where something important was discovered or discussed. Also make sure to always check out the mod's files before you install it, and make sure to read the README file if there is one.
Sometimes modders put several versions into their mod's folder. For example the mod "Brutal Blood", you can't just install it, because inside the folder Brutal Blood there's not, like you would expect, the folder "modBrutalBlood", but two folders for two separate versions of the mod. So I recommend checking that with every mod before you install, because otherwise trouble shooting might be a nightmare.

By the way - from what I understand, you're relatively new to modding. I can only speak from my experience (and I'm not that experienced, I only recently got into modding), but my guess is that many people will at first fall into the trap of wanting to download almost every mod that seems even moderately appealing.
Don't think you need to change the base game because it's otherwise unplayable. Even of the mod suggestions I and others posted in this thread, there's some among them I wouldn't necessarily recommend all the time. Find whats suits your needs and try to be somewhat pragmatic about it. There's also the danger of downloading mods because they promise "more!".

Maybe I'm just weird and thus it's unnecessary to warn other people about this, but for me, I definitely wasted more than just a few hours of time testing mods, worrying about what's best and then in the end choosing to go with vanilla for that particular issue.

Last edited:
Best Visuals

Soon to return to W3 in 2018. But I fear the graphics may feel outdated and or not so desireable anymore.

What are the best visual enhancing mods that can really push the PC:

i7-5930K @ 4.5 GHz
4x 4GB HyperX DDR4 @ 2400Mhz
2x ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX OC
Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD

Thanks.

A TV mod, get to 4K 😊

Top Bottom