Chort in a cave / Kaer Morhen.. ?? Prove it !!

+
Chort in a cave / Kaer Morhen.. ?? Prove it !!

So I have heard the ridiculously touchy side quest " Barengar's Blade" eventually leads you to a Kaer Morhen cave on the eastern side of the river, south of the Kaer Morhen Keep. Well after following the river on both sides, heading north and south, dozens of times and finding cave entrances, none have contained a chort. All the websites claiming the caves existence offer undecipherable directions, which are useless. After hours of searching, I no longer believe in it's existence. If it does exist could someone please, please, please provide actual directions that can be followed, or better yet a link to a map with the cave marker showing, because that is as nonexistent as the cave itself. Help is very much appreciated.. Thanks !!

Last edited:
I think I know the cave in question, but I didn't find a Chort, nor was able to loot the quest item (quest loot bag with no contents).

(Though I didn't get a quest on reading the notes, possibly because I didn't go and talk to Vesemir about it, which is noted as being the second stage of the quest). This makes it an early stage quest, either during the UMA stage, or *possibly* during the battle preparations.

It sounds like it is the one with the witcher gear quest, near the island in the river "behind" the keep.

I'd add that I seem to recall receiving the tor'haerne diagram directly from Berengar's chest by the walls, and there may no longer be an actual "quest" just some residual elements.

Last edited:
I found a cave meeting the description (vaguely) but it was just a pass through opening into a grassy area where a few bears were meandering about. It was close to the bend in the river where it heads eastward.

I'll take a screen shot when I get there next time in NG+ but there is def a Chort in there if you're on the Beregars blade quest. To get said quest you need to take extra care to NOT loot the Torhaerne diagram from any chest. The Cave is the same one along the river that contains one of the Wolven armor Diagrams.

Edit: If you're NOT on the Berengars blade quest I think it's just filled with some Endrega.

Found a Map. http://mmo4ever.com/witcher/maps/kaer-morhen/
The cave is pretty much East of Kaer morhen along the river. On that map it's labeled "waterfall cave"

Last edited:
I'll take a screen shot when I get there next time in NG+ but there is def a Chort in there if you're on the Beregars blade quest. To get said quest you need to take extra care to NOT loot the Torhaerne diagram from any chest. The Cave is the same one along the river that contains one of the Wolven armor Diagrams.

So that is why I never get a quest at this point, interesting. Thank you for the information!

Edit: If you're NOT on the Berengars blade quest I think it's just filled with some Endrega.

Found a Map. http://mmo4ever.com/witcher/maps/kaer-morhen/
The cave is pretty much East of Kaer morhen along the river. On that map it's labeled "waterfall cave"

Hey, thanks very much for this info, and for the link to that awesome website. I have been looking for maps just like that since I started playing. Three months now. Detailed info without revealing too much. Those are perfect. I know the "waterfall cave" you are talking about, and like you said.. it is full of endregas if your only reason for visiting is to get the Superior Wolven Witcher Gear. Another thanks for the info on starting Barengar's Blade and the need to avoid looting Tor' haerne beforehand. Guess I'll have to remember that for my NG+ DM walkthrough because I can't start over now...

Thanks again !!

---------- Updated at 12:38 AM ----------

I'll take a screen shot when I get there next time in NG+ but there is def a Chort in there if you're on the Beregars blade quest.

Guess it doesn't matter much now but do you know if the BB' s quest is level 26-27 like the other Kaer Morhen side quests? Is the Chort level 27, like the Greenhouse Effect Chort?

Thanks again !

Glad I could help guys. also I'm loading up an old save now I'll check on the Chorts level then edit this post in a minute or two.

Edit: Yeah the chort is level 27 and so is the BB quest.

Hey, thanks very much for this info, and for the link to that awesome website. I have been looking for maps just like that since I started playing. Three months now. Detailed info without revealing too much. Those are perfect. I know the "waterfall cave" you are talking about, and like you said.. it is full of endregas if your only reason for visiting is to get the Superior Wolven Witcher Gear. Another thanks for the info on starting Barengar's Blade and the need to avoid looting Tor' haerne beforehand. Guess I'll have to remember that for my NG+ DM walkthrough because I can't start over now...

Thanks again !!

---------- Updated at 12:38 AM ----------

I'll take a screen shot when I get there next time in NG+ but there is def a Chort in there if you're on the Beregars blade quest.

Guess it doesn't matter much now but do you know if the BB' s quest is level 26-27 like the other Kaer Morhen side quests? Is the Chort level 27, like the Greenhouse Effect Chort?

Thanks again !

Last edited:
Anyone have info on the ledge you can see in a (seemingly) unreachable part of this Waterfall Cave?

Also, the map shows a bit of path up the river, and to the north of the cave, but the game turns you around before you can get to it. I presume this is just "fluff," so to speak..

Thanks in advance! (if anyone is still reading this two year old post, that is...)

Top Bottom