SOLVED Game doesn't launch anymore.

+
Game doesn't launch anymore.

I have 42h into the game and it suddenly stopped working. I can't launch it anymore through steam (says it is getting the game ready - Running - Syncing and then it stops). I verified the integrity to see if something was wrong, but everything was fine and the game still doesn't want to launch. I even uninstalled it and reinstalled it, nothing worked. I really don't know what to do with the game and it really does make me sad to not be able to play with it anymore.

Specs:
Win 10 pro 64-bit
Intel Core i5 6600K
Ram: 8GB
GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
931GB Seagate
Motherboard: Gigabyte H110M-A-CF (U3E1)

Welcome to the Forums, ChipotleParty!

Something seems to be hooking the process. Can you explain more about your system? Confirm you are using the latest version of Windows 10 (1703, I believe)? What anti-virus / -spyware / -malware / e-mail scanner do you have installed? Are you running a 3rd-party firewall? What other software / updates have you recently added or removed from the PC? List the programs that are active when Windows launches? (And anything else you can think of. :))

0.) Using any mods, or have you ever used any?

1.) Ensure the game is not installed anywhere under Program Files or Program Files(x86). If so, follow these steps to move the Steam installation to the root of the drive. (You'll likely have to verify each of your installed games once before playing them after doing this.)

2.) Add the entire Steam installation folder to your anti-virus / firewall exceptions list. It's also a good idea to change the ...Documents\The Witcher 3\... folder's and the Steam folder's Permissions to "Everyone".

3.) Try manually right-clicking on the witcher3.exe and launching the game (using "Run as administrator" if it appears).

Let us know if anything different happens! You can also open up a Tech Support ticket with CDPR directly:

​​​​​​​http://en.cdprojektred.com/support/

I found out what the problem was, for some strange reason, the file ''VCOMP110.DLL'' was missing from my TW3 folder. Put it back in there and the game started once again, yaaay!!

Thank you for the response, it was really appreciated.
Hope you have a nice day!

Top Bottom