Ipad BETA test

+
I installed the beta this morning. I am running iOS 8.1 on an iPad 4. The game does not progress beyond the "Authentication..." screen, or takes so long that I am convinced it will not progress.
In the tutorial, images in both the "Map overview" and Development cards" screens do not display properly.
That's all I have discovered so far.

I installed the beta this morning. I am running iOS 8.1 on an iPad 4. The game does not progress beyond the "Authentication..." screen, or takes so long that I am convinced it will not progress.
In the tutorial, images in both the "Map overview" and Development cards" screens do not display properly.
That's all I have discovered so far.

To test the game in online mode you need to be logged into Game Center in the sandbox mode.

How to enter Game Center sandbox mode:
Go to your system settings, and find Game Center section - log out
Start The Witcher Adventure Game and you will be asked to log into your GameCenter account or create a new one
After logging in or creating new account, a GameCenter window will pop up in which you have to confirm you user profile data
Now you are in sandbox mode, and can play the game
If you want to get back to the normal mode to play other games, just log out (as described at the beginning) and log in again.

I got to try the iPad Beta today. I have no previous experience with the game so everything was quite new. The Tutorial after the first start had two "broken" images where the image was not visible or faulty (Map Overview/Development Cards). The music seemed to stop at that tutorial a few times and then restarting.
Then I could try the game for the first time in offline mode with 3 computer players. A very beautiful board and descriptions although scrolling on the map seemed very slow (on iPad 3). On the computer players term I couldn't really watch what was happening as (for a new player) it was much to fast to read the text/decisions and I wish I had an option to slow them down or to manually continue their turns step by step. Besides that my first expression on iPad is of a lovely and very complex game.

As a devoted board gamer I am very pleased with what you have done here. Do not have much play time but a few things I have noticed.

On the "Play the consequences of cards drew by other players" card, it should read "Play the consequences of cards drawn by other players."

When the AI rolls its dice, quite often some of the dice results are hidden by on-screen displays. The final results are clearly shown but I believe it would be a more rewarding experience if we could see the dice results where they lie. Not sure how easy that would be to accomplish however.

Hi, I'm trying the beta on my iPad mini. Thanks for accepting the request :) !
The game goes smoothly and finally offline (I'm testing the computer beta also). The graphics are lots better on iPad than on computer (in my opinion), and I confirm some of the problems seen by others here (cracked images on tutorial and music starting after a while at the beginning).
Apart from that, I appreciate the single-player mode and the fact that the AI turns are displayed really fast. It was annoying in the online version to stay there staring at the screen and waiting for the other player to complete his turn.
Possible bugs:
1- when you receive a wound on the "fast travel" action, you cannot "travel" until fast travel is healed. Is it made on purpose? If I'm not mistaken, in one of the first times I couldn't "travel" or "fast travel" as long as I had a wound also on the "develop" action.
2 - when you roll dices on the "obstacle phase", the button doesn't displays "roll dice" but "obstacle phase"; it's not really intuitive on the first play...
3 - also for the computer beta: I don't see how "being delayed" affects gameplay... what does it happen exactly? It seems to me that nothing changes...
Apart from this, game is great, wonderful graphics, lovely music, and fun. It's good to play this game on iPad, computer is not so comfortable and you can't carry it always, and when you've got a complex game with many cards and leads, it's really time-saving having the iPad carrying the box for you :) So you can play also if you are often around for work!
Finally, the game seems stable. Doesn't crash or stop. Really important!
Thanks, I'll write more if I see more issues.

Misspelling on Madame Carole card

In description of Madame Carole card, "addittionaly" should be "additionaly".

I have played two offline games (one game to five quests and one game to three) and in both games the computer players did not finish a single quest. They would either get only one color that they need or ones they did not need. Other than that the game looks great and runs smoothly.

More issues
1. I understood 'being delayed' looking at the rules... Allright.
2. One important: when you are wounded or have a foul fate token on an action, then the tokens disappear. When you rest or remove a foul fate you see the interested action active, but you don't remember if there's a wound, a serious wound... You play all the same but you can't plan your actions exactly. Just once I've seen that the tokens should appear as little circles in the middle of the action button. But it was a single turn in a single game, then they've disappeared again forever... I think this is something to fix (I play on iPad mini, iOS8).
3. When I drawed some cards which allowed me to remove a wound or a foul fate token (playing with Triss), I couldn't choose. The game always chose the wound first, without asking. Is that a rule or a bug?
Apart from these details, great game. I'm trying it with my friends, and they said they'll buy it as soon as it gets out. One of them is a board-game seller, and he'll have the game in his shop!!!
Thanks and good work.

Hi there !! I have been testing game on iPad mini 2 with retina display.

Here are my results:

Ad.1 Some labels are good looking with sharp font ( maybe supporting retina display), but many of them look like used from bitmap (not rendered) and their look is really poor - I can hardly read the letters

View attachment 7470

Ad.2 I think this is some bug (found in manual)
View attachment 7471

Ad.3. Another bug - I can't understand the image
View attachment 7472

Ad.4. There are many times when two languages occurs
View attachment 7473

Ad.5. Like in number 1. I think that the resolution of the image is poor.
View attachment 7474

Attachments

• IMG_1543.jpg
    IMG_1543.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_1545.jpg
    IMG_1545.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_1546.jpg
    IMG_1546.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_1547.jpg
    IMG_1547.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_1548.jpg
    IMG_1548.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 62
Ad. 6. Another mix of polglinsh :D
View attachment 7475

Ad.7. Upps the border is too small (in English the size of border is correct)
View attachment 7476

Ad.8.
View attachment 7477
View attachment 7478

Ad.9. I can play alone - I mean I can choose one player without computer in offline play ... that seems to be stupid :D

Ad.10. It would be very very nice if You could add a button "skip computers round" or something like that. It is good to watch what computer is doing with the cards and the figure, but after several plays - it is getting very boring.

I must say that even with the bugs the game is just amazing !! That's a great work !! Thank You !!

Attachments

• IMG_1550.jpg
    IMG_1550.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_1552.jpg
    IMG_1552.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_1553.jpg
    IMG_1553.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_1556.jpg
    IMG_1556.jpg