Hey, do you plan to bring back armor at all? i would even be fine if it was in small amounts for a high provision cost, something like 3 armor for 6 provisions. I miss having it, used to be a NR armor user.
1) I'm not sure if this was addressed, but can we expect a statement regarding the still incomplete transfer from UWP to GOG any time soon? I've seen many on reddit having the same situation, where we've been waiting for almost a month without receiving a confirmation email. This feels really bad because not only couldn't we play the game since HC launched (almost 3 months now!) but we also missed the chance to craft a full premium collection on GOG. I know it's been said that this is Microsoft's fault but are there any plans to speed things up or compensate in some way (e.g. allow crafting premium cards with scrap)?
Burza46 much as I would love to know about the new leaders in detail, I understand that that all needs to wait for a future reveal stream, but could you possibly shed a little light on how we will get and how long we will keep the new leaders?
Like you have said they will be related to Thronebreaker, but will they be unlocked by owning Thronebraker or by opening nodes in the reward book like the other leaders? And more importantly will they be PERMANENT new leaders or will they eventually rotate out along with Thronebraker to be replaced by a new set of temporary faction leaders introduced in a future set? Assuming obviously that you eventually introduce a card set rotation a year or three down the line.
Honestly either way is fine with me, I am just curious how we should be thinking about these new leaders, as permanent fixtures of the factions or as flavors that will come and go as time goes on and that will be themed to fit with each block of expansions like the Hero cards in Hearthstone or the Planeswalker cards in magic.
Also just for fun... My predictions on the leaders are:
Meve (longsword): NR
Ardal aep Dahy: NG
Arnjolf the Patricide: SK
How is the game getting balanced in every patch? Is it purely based on collected statistics or do people discuss and decide? Those who have the ultimate say in the numbers arrived (+1 for WLS for example), do they play the game or they only think logically and come up with the numbers?
1- WHEN Jason Slama was on stream he was great at giving insights into the design process, could he (or design team in general) talk about why the 3rd row (one personally painful and confusing change homecoming brought) and therefore more complex positioning strategies not being possible now? As Gwent is all about creating a complex and dynamic board, three rows opens up infinitely more possibilities.
2- Was making the game play across the screen (rather than up and down) ever considered in order to use more of the screen?
1) During the road map stream you talked a little bit about your philosophy on randomness in card games, what’s the stance of the team on high variance cards such as Gascon, Spotter, Yennefer: Divination (…), and do you plan a rework on those cards.
2) While I’m talking about rework, are you interested in reworking some of the cards that are unused because their ability might be underwhelming and/or too limited, again during the stream you talked about Lambert: Swordmaster, but what about Ciri: Nova, Olgierd von Everec, Mandrake (…).
3) Can we expect the next update to improve the responsiveness of the game, it already improved quite a bit, but it's not exactly where a lot of people would like it to be.
4) Are there any plans to make artefacts more interactive (equipping them to units, or giving them armor ...), and in return change artifact removals in order to make the game less binary.
5) Are there any plans to make bronze weather (fog, rain ...) more meaningful, I've seen the community toying with the idea of a reach decrease with fog, would you be interested in that.
6) The team decided to nerf the provision cost on cards such as Igni or Scorch (...) because they were too oppressive, but I’d argue it was the ability to line them up immediately before plays that was too strong, so is there any plan to introduce some sort of initiative mechanic for orders in general to reduce the impact of those one turn plays.
It’s a lot of questions ^^, I hope you can answer them, anyway thank you and I wish everyone the best.
1. We want some randomness in the game, preferably controlled, but also fun cards like Gascon
2. We're looking into those
3. Yes, step by step.
5. We'll see, thanks for the suggestion!
6. Too soon to say
Hey Burza! keep up the good work you and gwent team!
I wanted to ask for some tasty leaks on whether or not some cards are going to get nerfed\change soon:
Unicorn\Chironex, Yrden, an Craite marauder, Schirru, Birna\Derran, Rot tossers
If any other cards I did not mention are gonna get changed feel free to mention them aswell =)
I don't know if there is any difference between animations speed in PTR and release version but they are still slow few months after game release. Buffing animations, damage animations, leader animation, cards going to graveyard animation, drawing cards animation - everything feels really slow.
1. When can we expect faster animations?
2. Why are we locked in place for few seconds with animations? Is it impossible for this engine to queue stuff? Leader animation locks player for few seconds, same when you play in NR e.g. you buff Tridam Infantry then you wait for buff animation and then you wait for damage animation and then you can buff it again. It is really slow. Of course timer doesn't stop or doesn't add a few seconds when game locks you for few seconds.
So we need faster animations or queue for actions or both.
With the announcement of Faction Ambassadors the people chosen are relatively well known members of the Gwent community (which makes sense, no complaints here ), but do you have plans to also showcase smaller streamers and members of the Gwent community, maybe on social media or TWIGs?
Hey pawel i wanted to say that TB was The Best story wise game for me the precedent year. I enjoyed The story, The ost. i would be glad if this game sales well. Anyway my question is in gwent if a card Will get full refund value, now we can Mill it for meteorite full value Also?
@Burza46 Are there plans to add a tavern board? A lot of people I know would come back just for this. Battlefield is awesome and you guys put a lot of work on it, but it just isn't some peoples thing, don't exclude them from the game, a tavern skin won't hurt anyone.
New update for GWENT: The Witcher Card Game is now available for PC, PS4 and Xbox One!
With this update, we’ve focused on introducing changes to the Mulligan system, Recruit Cap and Leaders, as well as addressing issues with specific cards such as Sihil or Botchling.
Full list of changes:
Mulligan rules revised. Both players can now mulligan up to two cards before each round (third round included), except that player going first can mulligan up to 3 cards before the start of round 1. Number of mulligans available during subsequent rounds can change depending on number of cards drawn. See subsequent patch note for details.
Players draw a maximum of 3 cards at the start of rounds 2 and 3 up to the hand limit. For each card not drawn because player would have exceeded hand limit of 10, player receives +1 mulligan for that round.
Leaders now affect Recruit Cap. Base value for all decks is 150.
Cooldown on Sihil raised to 2 turns.
Sihil Recruit Cost reduced from 15 to 11.
Woodland Spirit boosts Deck Recruit Cap by 16.
Eredin Bréacc Glas boosts Deck Recruit Cap by 15.
Unseen Elder boosts Deck Recruit Cap by 14.
Arachas Queen boosts Deck Recruit Cap by 12.
Crach an Craite boosts Deck Recruit Cap by 17.
Eist Tuirseach boosts Deck Recruit Cap by 15.
Harald the Cripple boosts Deck Recruit Cap by 14.
Bran Tuirseach boosts Deck Recruit Cap by 13.
Botchling resets power when transforming.
Lubberkin resets power when transforming.
King Henselt boosts Deck Recruit Cap by 17.
Princess Adda boosts Deck Recruit Cap by 16.
King Demavend III boosts Deck Recruit Cap by 16.
King Foltest boosts Deck Recruit Cap by 13.
Eithné boosts Deck Recruit Cap by 19.
Brouver Hoog boosts Deck Recruit Cap by 15.
Filavandrel Aén Fidháil boosts Deck Recruit Cap by 15.
Francesca Findabair boosts Deck Recruit Cap by 13.
Letho of Gulet – ability removed.
Letho of Gulet – power raised from 4 to 9.
Morvran Voorhis boosts Deck Recruit Cap by 18.
Jan Calveit boosts Deck Recruit Cap by 15.
Emhyr var Emreis boosts Deck Recruit Cap by 14.
Usurper boosts Deck Recruit Cap by 10.
Fixed issue in Korean version whereby game result icon was missing from Result Screen.
Fixed issue whereby Crones would lack enhanced abilities when mulliganed and played afterwards.
Fixed missing indicator for temporary offers in Shop.
Fixed an issue whereby Sweers' Deploy damage would not increase when more units were Revealed after he was placed back in the deck during the Redraw phase.
Fixed issue whereby Wild Hunt Hound would not recognize self as highest unit when triggering its ability.
Fixed issue whereby Cahir Dyffryn was not boosted when Regis: Higher Vampire drained his boost.
Fixed issue whereby SÍle de Tansarville could also damage allies.
Fixed tooltip for Dudu so as not to mention card's Reach.
Fixed issue whereby Thrive ability was not triggered by units played from opponent's graveyard.
Fixed issue whereby Dennis Cranmer's ranged row ability would not apply to units with Immune ability.
Fixed issue whereby Aglaïs' ability would be triggered in turns subsequent to turn when card was deployed.
Fixed issue whereby Shop and Reward Book could be opened from Play menu when using a controller.
Fixed potentially misleading information about guaranteed cards in description of kegs in Polish version.
Fixed issue whereby some Premium Cards could disable player actions when Premium Card animation was set to only when selected in Graphics tab of game options.
Fixed issue whereby cards awarded as Daily Rewards were misaligned and of incorrect size in Result Screen.
Fixed issue whereby Bundles could be unintentionally purchased when using a controller while purchase screen was not in focus.
Fixed Wolfsbane tooltip in Korean version.
Fixed Heymaey Flaminica tooltip in Polish version.
You mentioned that Letho will be temporarily removed from the game. Now, I have a premium version of that card. What will happen to it? Will it get auto-milled? If so, for full mill-value? Would we get scarps only or full-mill with the powder+scraps?
A quick introduction, I love making decks and I try to post one new deck on gwentup every week or so. That way I can help new players and let older players try something new. But saldy, I've run out of idea's I think.. my life now feels like a korathi heatwave. So I wanted to ask you and Melitele :
Can you share the abilities for the new leaders coming soon? Or at least what archetype they'll be supporting?
Whats more important ATM, supporting existing archetypes or adding new mechanics?