Homecoming News Coming Soon!

+

Raunbjorn

In before the "news about news about news about Homecoming coming soon". :p

I don't really know what people mean by "point spam". Putting points on the board is the entire point of the game.

Point spam, the action of mindless spamming of points. It could mean a few things...

1. Unique card advantages and disadvantages (gold immunity, weather immunity, agility/locked rows, CA generation, thinning, misdirection, ambush, etc.) get removed or marginalized so the only relevant factor in card value is reduced to the point value.

2. Decks with little to no interaction with the opponent board, designed to bombard the board with positive points.

Usually when people say point spam they're talking about #2.

Adding points to one side of a board or removing them from the other may be the name of the game. When it is the only consideration the game is basically card art with numbers.

I don't really know what people mean by "point spam". Putting points on the board is the entire point of the game.
Pointspam is 12-16point bronzes with low requirements and zero skill:
Bearmaster, halfelf, vico+beer, viper+11damage,etc.
This is absurd when many golds and silvers are underpowered.
:mad:

That is literally what Gwent has always been. Adding or removing points.

While true this is a bit of a simplification. Certain cards have advantages beyond sheer point value. Unfortunately, this hasn't exactly trended upward.

Again though, point spam typically refers to decks bent on piling a ton of positive points on the board with little regard for the opponent.

I'd rather not get into all the specifics... It serves little purpose at this point and the list is probably going to get bigger with Homecoming :).

I was gonna say this. This is on-spot, @StrykerxS77x. Everything else is mostly fine. So, point-spam actually refers to the Power imbalance, and certain, mentioned, open-ended cards.

Wrong. Alchemy require you to fill your deck with subpar cards. Only cards like Bearmaster and Half-Elf Hunter are point slam because you simply put them in the deck and never be wrong.

Wrong. Alchemy require you to fill your deck with subpar cards. Only cards like Bearmaster and Half-Elf Hunter are point slam because you simply put them in the deck and never be wrong.
I will agree with this. Alchemy is nowhere near SK Veterans in that department. Oh well, Skellige...

Top Bottom