Developer Answers to your CP 2077 Questions

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the demo shown at E3 there is a scene where V gets a new eye implant.
The view switches from the perspective of the new eye on the table.

How is this moment displayed on screen to the player? Is the screen halved, simultaneously showing views from the eye implant and the eye in the head?

hi, devs.

one thing that always irritated me in the mass effect serie is that whatever weapons you had in your current loadout, during cutscenes you always ended up roaming around and firing the same old M8 Avenger assault rifle, or the M3 Predator pistol.
Tell me, can we expect our hard-earned badass guns and melee weapons to appear in every cutscenes of cyberpunk 2077, or will there be default weapons like in the mass effect games ?

Speculating from Witcher 3, it's possible that you'll begin with default weapons, although if they're gonna appear always in cutscenes, well... we have to wait and see!

Do the mega building, where V's apartment is located in, have underground floors?

I'm also wondering about underground areas such as sewers, subway systems etc. Maybe old and abandoned sections of the city that have been built over. These could make for cyberpunk style dungeon crawls.

Guest 4310777

I'm also wondering about underground areas such as sewers, subway systems etc. Maybe old and abandoned sections of the city that have been built over. These could make for cyberpunk style dungeon crawls.

Very likely I think. I love the idea of having the equivelant of Skyrim dungeons, dangerous places to go down and explore for loot

The Witcher 3 does not have a lot of dungeons, I would guess they would be in the game mainly when they are relevant to quests, rather than just for the sake of having them for exploration. Since with a large amount of explorable underground areas, they could end up feeling empty, repetitive, or have to rely on "radiant" content.

Very likely I think. I love the idea of having the equivelant of Skyrim dungeons, dangerous places to go down and explore for loot

Oh man...
I'd LOVE the subway to be played like in the cyberpunk short-novel "Street Meat" by Norman Spinrad
(just think about the main protagonist as V and you'll love it haha)

A kinda dirty/shaddy subway at daytime 7AM/9PM, and then, lights goes out, and all the worst kind of bums and drugs addicted crazies goes out, who knows what's hidden in there?

Last edited by a moderator:
Everything is like Witcher, lol. I'm sorry, but it has to be pointed out. I thought they'd adopt new systems for this game.

Everything is like Witcher, lol. I'm sorry, but it has to be pointed out. I thought they'd adopt new systems for this game.

How it is the same? Witcher series dont even have skills and attributes, huge difference. What systems? They should throw away all RPG mechanics for "new systems"?

"Skills, raised by successfully performing actions"

There's somebody among CDPR who read and took close to xir's heart Interlock Unlimited ruleset, eh?
That's got me curious, I'm excited to try that out to see what that feels like. In theory it could feel like you are constantly and organically improving, or it could feel like Morrowind where most non-combat skills will not naturally match pace with the game and you will have to take a break from the game in order to spam skills for awhile.

Either way I like the idea of trying that better than the classic method of increasing it with experience.

"Skills, raised by successfully performing actions"

There's somebody among CDPR who read and took close to xir's heart Interlock Unlimited ruleset, eh?

No, that part is standard CP2020 rules. Page 54. Actually core rules are even better than just "used them successfully." 2077 might be too, haven't seen them yet.

Updated the Dev Answers with the skills/stats answer.

Updated Dev Answers with harvest cyberware status.

"The player cannot "harvest" body implants from dead enemies."

There goes Game Stop's expanded market proposal...
Really though, while organ legging can make for an interesting subject in cyberpunk games, the idea that the player character would even have the tools, know how, and skills to do these sorts of harvests is a little suspect, not to mention that it becomes a pretty defining plot choice as most people find that career choice abhorrent.

There goes Game Stop's expanded market proposal...

Heh.

Really though, while organ legging can make for an interesting subject in cyberpunk games, the idea that the player character would even have the tools, know how, and skills to do these sorts of harvests is a little suspect, not to mention that it becomes a pretty defining plot choice as most people find that career choice abhorrent.

It's a Cyberpunk 2020 staple. That booster tries to kill you, you flatline him and sell his cyberarm for a cool 1000eb to the local Ripperdoc. Or get him to install it on you if it's better.

Don't need a lot of tools to pull out a cybereye or cut off a cyberleg. Cybertech 2 (roughly, with Int 6) tells you how to do it successfully 80% of the time, as long as it's not too complicated, like trying to harvest a Pacesetter 2000 Sportheart.

"Dead is Dead. Parts is Parts. Dead Guys Is Parts."

Heh.

It's a Cyberpunk 2020 staple. That booster tries to kill you, you flatline him and sell his cyberarm for a cool 1000eb to the local Ripperdoc. Or get him to install it on you if it's better.

Don't need a lot of tools to pull out a cybereye or cut off a cyberleg. Cybertech 2 (roughly, with Int 6) tells you how to do it successfully 80% of the time, as long as it's not too complicated, like trying to harvest a Pacesetter 2000 Sportheart.

"Dead is Dead. Parts is Parts. Dead Guys Is Parts."
What I'm remembering must be flavored with house rules and custom cultural interpretations like a lot of cyber has some pretty complex connections & such and just carving it out was likely to cause a good amount of damage to the piece, while coupled with a pretty heavy dose of grave robbing/corpse desecration condemnation from pretty much anyone who didn't already have their hands dirty with the same acts. That makes more sense to me, but I did not mean to apply a custom flavor if the actual books make it out to be a more clean cut and normalized affair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom