Developer Answers to your CP 2077 Questions

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Along with a traditional XP system, players can garner Street Cred by completing side missions and jobs in the city. The player’s reputation is then used to unlock access to new vendors and contacts throughout Night City, allowing them to complete new missions.

That seems like a sensible approach. It sounds like what you are unlocking is "Questgivers" basically, who give you access to new jobs. That way of doing it provides context. It makes sense that certain people aren't going to trust you until you've made a name for yourself in ways that matter to them.

But I think the question remains regarding free roaming. Can the player still physically enter a district even if there are very few people there interested in talking to V?

So I was wondering, I'm a huge fan of lush environments, for example, vast jungles like in shadow of the tomb raider or overgrown post apocalyptic settings like in the last of us. Will there be similar areas in 2077 where humans abandoned a city or area for whatever lorereason and as a result there's a huge dark gritty jungle-like city/area where you have to go (that's optionally populated with mutated humans/animals/monsters or cyberware experiments gone wrong)?
Or will the whole game only take place in the populated neo-noir city that we've seen in the gameplay footage?

Anybody jump in and correct me here, but the only officially CONFIRMED location is Night city. There are rumors of other possible locations slightly outside the city proper, places like the Crystal Palace or maybe even a moon colony, but nothing like the overgrown areas you describe as far as I know.

I'm sorry, a moon colony? That would be pretty amazing too. Aslong as the different zones/areas/maps/cities are aesthetically divergent I'll be a happy puppy tbh. It's an RPG in the end after all. :)

All rumor for the moment. And I doubt CDPR will confirm any of that. But Night city alone has me excited (particularly the dense verticality of it, and the cultural variety of each district). If we get more that's fantastic, even if via DLC/expansions.

CDPR answered me on reddit and I'm hoping for a second answer where I basically said I think they should clarify how often we'll see V's face during cutscenes. I'm convinced the majority of people will "get over it" with the combat and walking around being in FPP, but what I basically said was the gist of the issue is, is that people are saying "why make a cool ass character with a green mohawk and an awesome jacket if the game is in FPP."

Like will we only see V's face once every couple hours? Will we only see V's face 5 times in our entire 100+ hour playthrough? I really think this is the gist of the issue. Would be cool if they used story moments/cutscenes in witcher 3 as examples on how often for the camera shots or story moments focusing on V's face when clarifying this issue. I 100% get they're doing FPP for immersion and apparently have an awesome dialogue system and people will love it, but occasionally we do want to see our badass mohawk cool-ass jacket V guy or girl because I think we'll be immersed in this way as well.

I'm hoping for a "vanity camera" that allows you to view your character when you are out of combat. Making a specific button for it ensures that it doesn't get in the way of combat or cause unnecessary strain on the graphic card etc. I for one really LOVE third-person games where I can have a cool, customized character and can admire myself often.

I've always preferred 3rd person over First-person view. The reason is that first person view tends to be unimmersive with a more restricted view than normal human vision (you can actually see to the sides of your head by about 180 degree angle without moving your head, but single monitor doesn't allow this.)

Along with a traditional XP system, players can garner Street Cred by completing side missions and jobs in the city. The player’s reputation is then used to unlock access to new vendors and contacts throughout Night City, allowing them to complete new missions.
Could we get a clarification?

So only missions and vendors are locked by Street Cred NOT access to portions of Night City? (i.e. the map)

Thinking about it this makes sense.
Street Cred (or at least this is my guess) is how well known you are to the people arranging or hiring for jobs and "exclusive" merchants.

Last edited:
I'm hoping for a "vanity camera" that allows you to view your character when you are out of combat. Making a specific button for it ensures that it doesn't get in the way of combat or cause unnecessary strain on the graphic card etc. I for one really LOVE third-person games where I can have a cool, customized character and can admire myself often.

I've always preferred 3rd person over First-person view. The reason is that first person view tends to be unimmersive with a more restricted view than normal human vision (you can actually see to the sides of your head by about 180 degree angle without moving your head, but single monitor doesn't allow this.)
Already answered, and yes CDPR has mentioned a photo camera, but no 3rd pp.

Street Cred (or at least this is my guess) is how well known you are to the people arranging or hiring for jobs and "exclusive" merchants.

That's my understanding of it as well. How well known you are as a mercenary and the "street's" confidence in your abilities, thus more.. "business" opportunities and all it entails.

Question 1. What happenswhen the story finishes will it be like fallout 3 and just end or like fallout 4 and end when you're done with the character.

Question 2. Will there be radiant quests for certain factions?

Question 3. Will this be a one off only one game or will we have to expect a sequal down the line?

Question 1. What happenswhen the story finishes will it be like fallout 3 and just end or like fallout 4 and end when you're done with the character.

Question 3. Will this be a one off only one game or will we have to expect a sequal down the line?
I second this. My biggest disappointment in gaming is when there's no replayability.

To my knowledge no OFFICIAL answers on these questions, though there is a poll related to what players prefer as the End Game type.

It stands to reason that there could be a sequel if 2077 is wildly succesful. The more that we support CDPR, the more likely that is to happen.

Last edited:
My understanding is CDPR currently plans to treat CP2077 much like it did The Witcher series.

CP2077 is the first in a series of games, that may (or may not) use the same character. There are plans for expansions/DLC/sequels. If for some bazzare reason CP2077 bombs this will of course change.

Could we get a clarification?

So only missions and vendors are locked by Street Cred NOT access to portions of Night City? (i.e. the map)

Thinking about it this makes sense.

After finishing specific part of the game, you will be able to roam through Night City freely, just like in Witcher 3 :)

Sounds a little bit like White Orchard ???????

I generally like the "open world approach" over linear progression of areas, in the sense of "hard locks". If some areas are tougher to get by in early on or simply retain content like quests or people or things that appear until the time or progression is right, that makes sense.

But what I mean is that in essence in such a world it would make sense to be able to go to any place right away under normal circumstances. Lets the players explore vs having too artificial area borders. For a linear game this gradual unlocking is normal or makes sense, for a more open-world focused game relatively free exploration should be the standard. Of course certain areas can or will have to remain locked until the right triggers apply, but I mean by default one should be able to explore most of the world right away without hard barriers.

Question: I know that me and many others usually prefer form over function in RPGs, and since that is an important thing in Night City, will we be able to wear clothes "on top" of our armor? For example, if there is this really cool jacket but it has lowered stats, can I put it over my better armor if I don't like the look of the better armor?

Something similar to Terraria, where there is a vanity slot to put in clothes (or better-looking armor) over the actual armor that you are wearing. No stats will be given when clothing is placed in the vanity slot.

I didn't like the look of some armor sets in the Witcher 3, which annoyed me because the best looking set (in my opinion) was the first armor set you get in the game and I would have really liked it if I could have put it over my mastercrafted Griffin set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom