Cultural disconnection and CDPR

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't worry too much about "how well someone who lives in Poland can do American". There's really not all that much difference to how much of the world rolls. Sure, customs are different. What's considered "good manners" are all over the place. There are cultural norms that may seem strange for a few months. But in general, most of the world works like so:

People wake up way to early. Head into a job that's a mix of satisfaction, boredom, and headaches. They talk about sports, talk about movies, talk about their kids, talk about hobbies, talk about everything going wrong with the world... Most people enjoy heading out for a nice dinner or hanging out somewhere to relax. There's never enough money, never enough consideration, and never enough time. Bubble, rinse, repeat until one reaches "retirement age"...(covers the mic with one hand so he can laugh...wipes a tear away before continuing.)

I'm sure it will be plenty on-the-mark. Besides, we're not dealing with a reflection of "modern-day America". I'd fully expect the world of Night City to be barely recognizable as America. An accent here, an idiom there, perhaps. Mostly, I think it would be rather effective for characters to have a complete misunderstanding of what life was like before.

I don't understand the concerns about Jackie. Yes, he is a stereotypical "cholo", as it is streotypicaly portraired in all minus very few american movies and shows. So, no problem here. The game is not about the real America, but the stereotypical America, in the dark future, in distorted mirror.
And there were parts of the witcher inspired by the slavic mythology and culture but more often than it was, it wasn't :)

The game is not about the real America, but the stereotypical America

Lol I can’t even say how stereotypical some American films are.
I can not wait for the premiere of Superman: Red Son.

unnamed.jpg

You guys just really shouldn't be complaining about something like this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom