Hotfix 1.05

+
I for one have no issues with how the game runs (FPS wise) at max :) But It's now almost 12 hrs ago that you folks said that 1.05 hotfix was about to be released, but still NOTHING for your PC folk. It still says 1.04 in Gog.

Try forcing updates(fix/repair), it will scan and download the 1.05 hotfix.

PC-specific
  • [AMD SMT] Optimized default core/thread utilization for 4-core and 6-core AMD Ryzen(tm) processors. 8-core, 12-core and 16-core processors remain unchanged and behaving as intended. This change was implemented in cooperation with AMD and based on tests on both sides indicating that performance improvement occurs only on CPUs with 6 cores and less.
  • Fixed an issue with the way Raw Input is collected.
  • Removed the use of AVX instruction set thus fixing crashes occurring at the end of the Prologue on processors not supporting AVX.
  • Removed debug console to prevent functions that could lead to crashes or blocked quests. This doesn't mean we don't want to support the modding community. Stay tuned for more info on that.
  • Ray traced reflections should no longer seem too bright in comparison to the environment.
  • Fixed an issue with Steam Overlay crash on game shutdown.
  • Removed the memory_pool_budgets.csv file. which was not connected with the final version of the game and had no influence on it (it was a leftover file used during the development to estimate memory usage. It had no effect on how much memory was actually allocated). Perceived performance increase after editing the file may have been related to restarting the game.

So you guys STILL didn't fix the completely broken 21:9 / 3440x1440 UI and Interface?
I've been reporting this since 1.0.3, and this is a gamebreaker, as the game is unplayable in this state, with content missing or being only 50% visible towards the right edge of the screen.

So much for "full ultrawide support at launch".

I keep on smashing checking for update, but nothing, I'll try the verify then :)

Yeah, verify/repair. And then give it some time, it takes a while for it to scan everything, but it will eventually start downloading.

Tried it for a few minutes, improved FPS and stability of the game even more for me.

i5, GTX 1080, 16GB RAM, working like a charm now in 1080p, mid settings.

hi friends, after installing hotfix 1.05 in PS4 Pro the X button does not work for me ... even the "press the triangle button 2 times" function to extract and sheathe the weapon no longer works but it works with all other games or menu selection.
I tried the raiju and the original with two different joypads ...
Unplayable without the use of that button ... to someone else the same thing?
( thx to all CP2077 crews for awesome work! :love: )

Last edited:
"Improved the reaction times of NPCs taking cover."

Garbage. Charged a sniper rifle and even got the headshot pop-up. Zero damage done and I died right after, while behind cover with no sounds of enemy fire. I didn't think I was gonna request a refund for this failed GTA rip off. But I might now.

I can't even engage any quests that involve a potential fight right now. I'm dead every time.

Not to mention, my graphics and load time are actually worse today (Dec. 19) than they were at launch. Big ol Fail CDPR

I'm on a Ryzen 7 3700x, Vega 64 8 GB and 16 GB RAM :) I can run the game maxed out on 1080p at a good stable speed (This was on 1.04 atleast) :)

People shouldn't come with suggestions that aren't important till they actually fix the game. Bugfixes are more important then little QoL additions. This is the same everywhere :)

Does this patch fix Ryzen CPU's not utilizing all threads properly? It seems for some reason Ryzen CPU's are only fully utilizing every other thread when compared to Intel CPUs. Is this going to be fixed in this update? Are you aware of this issue or looking into it? This issue is highlighted by Digital Foundry in this video at 22:02 :
Please look into this.

Yeah, verify/repair. And then give it some time, it takes a while for it to scan everything, but it will eventually start downloading.

Tried it for a few minutes, improved FPS and stability of the game even more for me.

i5, GTX 1080, 16GB RAM, working like a charm now in 1080p, mid settings.

Are you serious?

Hey CDPR, how about letting us remap the dodge action to something else, like WASD + double-tap Shift, or simply enabling the dodge action only while in Combat mode. It's simply annoying.
I already lost count how many times I was detected because the game thinks I'm trying to dodge, and had to reload a save...

First of all let me thank you for all the patches you are releasing very quickly, but let me also say that I have not encountered even one of these bugs (apart from some t-poses) I also add that on my PC not of the latest generation the game runs on ultra (by default) without problems.
Maybe one thing to refine is the driving (on motorcicle is pretty much OK) but with cars (especially fast ones) it is very difficult to have control of the vehicle.
Then an aesthetic thing that in my opinion is not present in the game. the high boots (I looked for them but I didn't find them) like the ones that many female NPCs wear, which in my opinion on V (female) would look great.
Thanks again for the mega work you are doing.

Does this patch fix Ryzen CPU's not utilizing all threads properly? It seems for some reason Ryzen CPU's are only fully utilizing every other thread when compared to Intel CPUs. Is this going to be fixed in this update? Are you aware of this issue or looking into it? This issue is highlighted by Digital Foundry in this video at 22:02 :
Please look into this.

It says it does in the patch notes.

[AMD SMT] Optimized default core/thread utilization for 4-core and 6-core AMD Ryzen(tm) processors. 8-core, 12-core and 16-core processors remain unchanged and behaving as intended. This change was implemented in cooperation with AMD and based on tests on both sides indicating that performance improvement occurs only on CPUs with 6 cores and less.

I'm not sure about the AMD SMT update. I got a massive fps boost by applying the reddit fix for my Ryzen 3700x (8-core) paired with my RTX 3080. I'm guessing if no changes have been made for 8-core AMD processors, then I'll have to apply the reddit fix again?
Are you talking about the issue i posted about? How Ryzen CPU's aren't fully utilizing all threads? I was very disappointed wih the patch notes when i saw no fixes for 8 core CPUs and up.

Try forcing updates(fix/repair), it will scan and download the 1.05 hotfix.

Did not work for me. Is the update being rolled out based on region? Did you buy the game on Steam? Don't tell me Steam is getting the patches faster than GOG. :D

Did not work for me. Is the update being rolled out based on region? Did you buy the game on Steam? Don't tell me Steam is getting the patches faster than GOG. :D

I think it works for me It's downloading 42 GB atm, but only at 1/5th of my max downloadspeed though.

Did not work for me. Is the update being rolled out based on region?

No, it should be available everywhere I think.

It didn't automatically start for me, I tried restarting gog a few times, then verify/repair...and it worked.

It says it does in the patch notes.
If you watch the video you see he is comparing a 3900X and an Intel i9 10900k both of which have 20 threads but only the Intel is properly utilizing all threads. This note here says it does nothing for 8 core CPU's (which is what i have a Ryzen 3700X) and up...So this is why i'm asking as this does not cover this issue for owners of 8 core/16 thread CPUs and above. Them saying these CPUs are "working as intended" is 100% false.

Top Bottom