Forced Sharpening in 1.04?

+
I really don't understand why anyone will want to see the game blur (maybe if you have a vision problem this blur feels more natural to you), but I agree that this should be an option.
yeah i do have and it really fells better to my eyes ahahaha, but in fact the game right now is way too sharpen to me and it really botters.... we should be able to change that as we like just like every other game, heck there's a fidelityFX option wich i can enable or disable so why put another sharpening effect ? i really want to know what happen.

oh and its because it bothers my eyes looking to a image like this that i realized it as soon as i started the game

oh plus i wanted to ask if someone can send me ur options.json file from the version 1.03 it's in cyberpunk 2077/r6/config/settings/platform/pc
maybe i can find something that changed if someone didn't try it yet.
there's also de config files in cyberpunk 2077/engine/config/platform/pc...
maybe, maybe

Last edited:
oh plus i wanted to ask if someone can send me ur options.json file from the version 1.03 it's in cyberpunk 2077/r6/config/settings/platform/pc
maybe, maybe
Ok, I'll download it right now and delete all of my previous config files so they would be definitely from 1.03.

another example DLSS vs none

i think its pretty obvious which one is which :)

Attachments

• unknown (4).png
    unknown (4).png
    4.9 MB · Views: 177
  • FSoKeyvOllI.jpg
    FSoKeyvOllI.jpg
    973.2 KB · Views: 141
I really don't understand why anyone will want to see the game blur (maybe if you have a vision problem this blur feels more natural to you), but I agree that this should be an option.
For me it's not so much that I want a blurry image, I like a sharp and crisp image. But this isn't that; everything is a blurry low-resolution mess that looks way flatter/uglier than 1.0.3. I think it's great that others don't have this problem with their rigs and or settings, but I'm having a wildly different experience.

maybe, maybe
no luck.. the config files are the same in both versions, if a change in game graphical settings happened its something more complicated to change, maybe in the .exe, if someone were to look at all those HEX numbers, but for now i rather wait for the update and their answer on the matter

Console-specific
  • Improved image sharpness with Chromatic Aberration and Film Grain on.

Maybe, just MAYBE they tested this stuff on PC and forgot to disable it in 1.04, hence no acknowledgment it was implemented since it's not in patch notes?
Post automatically merged:

I guess we'll see when 1.05 comes to PC, for now I'll go to sleep with my fingers crossed.

I guess we'll see when 1.05 comes to PC, for now I'll go to sleep with my fingers crossed.
yeah, thats all we can do for now, if it still isn't fixed ill just accept it a try playing this way.. of course ill keep trying to solve it with the support guy

Just found this thread and the same happens to me. I'm still playing on 1.03 because I couldn't bear this annoying effect. Hope they'll fix it in 1.05 but according to the changelog it seems not...

Looks like the 1.05 Patch takes a bit longer because they are still working on the fix for the sharpness filter. *fingerscrossed*
tenor.gif

Posts deleted. Please write in English when on the English forum, and also do not be rude.
Hi, we can't reach anyone from CDPR to even give them our feedback about this "bug". All we really want is for them to acknowledge existence of this problem. Can you help us? :sad:

Hello again. This is not a hardware problem. 100% positive about that.

I have both versions installed. I have literally copied configs between them and the sharpen effect only appears on 1.04 as we know.

I saw this video about DLSS in its multiple presets and I think I've a very good idea of what happened here. If you have the time, watch the video, it's a really good explanation of how DLSS + TAA are working ingame.

What i think:

- As you will see in the video, DLSS side effect, due to the image scaling it does internally kind of soften the final image. It doesn't apply blur or anything like that. It's just a side effect cause it's rendering the image at lower resolution and upscaling it to a greater one. People using DLSS gets "blurrier" image, softened details and borders.

- In 1.03, the image was perfectly fine without DLSS as we have already proved many times. Textures were fine, no oversharpening or loss of detail. But as soon as you turned DLSS the image probably got a little blurrier. (I do not have a DLSS capable card so i cannot confim this 100% in 1.03. But watching the video and seeing the effect DLSS has on textures and detail I'm almost sure this is what happened)

- So 1.04 comes around and they decide to bump the sharpening in the whole image to "help" DLSS when it's working to mantain the level of detail, so people with DLSS on, gets a crispier image on 1.04 than on 1.03. This has terrible implications for the rest of us who can't/want use DLSS. We get the stupid sharpened image with worse textures and annoying borders everywhere.

1.03 DLSS OFF - Perfect image and texture quality. Not soft, not sharpened
1.03 DLSS ON - Blurry image. Loss of detail due to the scaling of DLSS

-- Change happens --

1.04 No DLSS - Sharpened image. Loss of detail due to oversharpening of fine details. No way to remove it.

1.04 DLSS - Kind of perfect image. And I say kind of, cause it's not a native image. It's a sharpened image, upscaled (at this point the excesive sharpeness gets toned down as side effect of DLSS) to make it look like the crispy image of 1.03 without DLSS

This is my theory. If anyone with a DLSS capable card and both versions of the game (1.03, 1.04) can prove it I think we'll know wtf is happening.

The video I was mentioning is this (long but worth it. You can skip the intro bashing Nvidia's practises...)

Last edited:
Top Bottom