What would Fix the game for you?

+
1. Walking toggle for keyboard
2. Flashlight or some other light source. Some maps get really dark and we have no light.
View attachment 11099396
3. Allow us to set the "use" buttonbind. (default F which cannot be changed)

4. Add mantis blades to the photomode

5. Allow us to adjust the radio/TV volume and amp up the music in nightclubs. (Totentanz is too quiet)

6. Increase the minimap scale when driving, so we can see in advance when the navigator directs us to turn. Currently I am frequently driving past forks on the road because I am traveling at high speed and the minimap simply doesnt show far enough.

Stand up and give applause, good sir, you said everything that I wanted here!

Pretty sure, nothing, the team is now, just a AAA giant corpo, prude, hunting for dollars, and shutting down dissent, nothing can be done at that point. Hopefully a new indie company can take hold. Or, shockingly, maybe they will bring back their fire someday..

Hi Cyberpunk people

I completed the main story and all side quests
30 hours +-

what would fix the game for you? in your honest opinion?

we waited 8 years, is this what you expected?

what could the red devs add/remove/fix in this game it make it better?

No. I really thought this would set a new standard of open world action RPGs.

What would fix the game? Well, it being finished because its clearly not.

If Kicinski and the others would not rush the game and lie as they clearly did, we would have one of the best games ever made, i am so sure of that. You can feel it in the game, even if its unfinished. The devs do have the potential and competence to actually make this game a really good one distinct from other.

But now when its released, most things that were supposed to be in the game will most likely never come.

Its damage control now, and patches only touching upon its weak pillars.

I dont think we will get the dynamic A.I they said would be in the game which was the main feature i looked most forward to. Also different apartments, even the tip tool gives hints about that.

Right now, i have no faith that things will get added that were supposed to be in the game. But only time will tell.

Poor devs. You have my support.

What would fix the game for me:
- Extremely quick solution for the 8mb savefile corruption
- Lots and lots of patching and bugfixing
- Ton of balancing, some skills and guns are so OP it's like using a trainer while others are literal waste of skill points
- Actual traffic AI
- Actual police AI
- Improved enemy AI
- Zoom out minimap according to your speed
- Fix the issue where minimap disappears every time you enter another district or get a popup on left side of HUD when playing on 5120x1440 resolution

What would improve the game for me:

- Tons of cosmetic options, this game was marketed with an angle about self expression
- Rework the stat based looter shooter system
- COSMETIC CYBERWARE FFS you can have a implant in every slot and only body part that is different are the hands
- Make implants have real impact and consequences. You should not be able to just slot them in like a USB drive, something extremely invasive like full skeleton replacement should be something that you can only do once per playthrough, it should almost kill you and you should have lots of difficulties in playing for few in game weeks
- Some way to reset and replay gigs, tons of additional gigs
- Give us ability to hide filler stuff like car purchases from the map without having to do it again every time I open the map again
- Infinite, procedural assassination and thievery contracts. No need for bespoke backstory, just go to this location and zero this person for eddies.

Last edited:
Of my current 100 hours, these were creating the most annoyance in playing. (aside the savegame filesize).

1. Ability to shut down incoming calls.
(like when you are in the middle of a conversation and randomly answer a call)

2. Hotkey rebind.
(specifically C=skip dialogue, R=equip random item, 4x tap Alt = holster)

3. Minimap size.

4. Flashlight

5. Romance treating you as generic NPC after completing (their) questline.

(This one sounds like secondary, but in fact 100% defined my choices in the main storyline, because at that point I knew it may be the only choice where I could have further dialogue or interaction with that character. So in fact, I made the choices in the main storyline because of how the game is programmed, not because of storytelling).

With all the bugs and all, I still enjoyed it immensely. But the points listed above where real annoyances which made me dislike playing the game at times.

For me Act 1 is a hot mess, it needs to be totally rewritten IMO. That 6 months later montage is downright criminal and needs to be actual playable content instead of a stupid timelapse. I don't like the fact that playing as a Nomad I went from just crossing the border into the unknown to having an already established lifestyle with the course of 30 minutes.

The lifepath "system" is totally useless either they need to go all in to implement it correctly or remove it and revert to the background system they showed in the 2018 demo because as others have stated my V does not feel like my V. She already has a predetermined route and I'm just the passenger and it really really shouldn't be that way.​

Barber/surgeon for changing our character's looks.

Customizing vehicles, I want those pink light up tyres on my Kusanagi

Like the previous speakers. Life paths need a rework, extra buffs / debuffs, and more content specific to these selections.

But what worries me most is the lack of an RPG in an RPG. Honey on my heart would be to announce the changes in the mechanics of the game. Currently, this game has the same character development system as any "modern" game. It rewards but does not punish. No punishment, no obstacles to overcome, no difficulty, no taste of victory is dissatisfaction. Giving more HP to your opponents and making similar moves is not a solution. Why does a person who goes purely as a typical hacker / talker have no problem using the entire arsenal like a professional commando? Character development should FORCE the playstyle, should be as important choices as those in the supposedly meaningful dialogue. If you cannot shoot, the weapon should jam and your character should not be able to handle it, the weapon should swing sideways upwards, you should lose stamina faster than running, shooting or even trying on for too long. If you're a skinny netrunner, the game should punish you for trying to be a commando. Same way as you go in a typical commando, firearms / melee weapons you shouldn't be able to hack opponents like that, you should buy expensive multitools to open doors or hack, I could talk about it all day. On the surface, it may seem difficult for a modern player to not be able to do something in his playthrough, but it would give a huge satisfaction - crap I'm not able to break through this building protection, I have to think of something and if they catch me, run away and try the next day, but after planning a difficult action, success comes and there is satisfaction in the game. Plus, you get more into your character, it's more immersive. Now my game looks like this - I'm sneaking, they've detected me ... oh boy again. This is where I take the arsenal out of my ass and massacre you. Another mission done no matter how but done. The game does not reward you for other gameplay styles, from time to time you will get a bonus in some missions, but generally without killing you lose loot, additional experience, there are no special rewards and satisfaction other than what you tell yourself, and I don't want to tell myself everything I have make me feel the game better. And so I'm already working as a player to get into my role in this RPG robbed of RPG. It's all like Skyrim - I'm going to be an alchemist today. I end up as a stealthy archer ... with poison arrows. As a player, I discipline myself and try to play in such a way as to build a certain atmosphere for myself, but if the game itself does not try to build certain things for you, it becomes unsatisfactory.

Sorry for my English I hope you can understand what I meant.

Hi Cyberpunk people

I completed the main story and all side quests
30 hours +-

what would fix the game for you? in your honest opinion?

we waited 8 years, is this what you expected?

what could the red devs add/remove/fix in this game it make it better?
Its not broken for me. But DLC pleaseeeeeeeeeeee!!!

Hub areas.

Now please hear me out here: sidequests and interaction hubs. This is what the game needs and it's easy enough to implement in the short medium term with the tools and assets already available.

Let me elaborate, stick with me...

I believe that after major bugs and performance overall are all ironed out, as well as some AI behavior corrections...

The community then needs to focus on demanding first easy things to implement that would go a long way improving the game immersion and overall gameplay focused on roleplaying, no core engine huge changes, but easy to implement features with the tools they have.

I do believe most of the immersion problems could start getting majorly fixed with the implementation of more branching hidden sidequests accessible via direct dialogue with NPCs and I believe that the town, every district, needs hubs for said quests so that the player don't go talking to every single random NPC in town, but know that around that given hub area there is a large chance talking to every NPC will uncover many hidden branching complex side quests.

It's nothing new, it's a classic RPG / open world adventure game staple and a no brainier: small hub areas where the player go looking for quests, talk to every NPC and come back from time to time to find new things, lore revealing dialogue. Usually said games have some sort of interactivity and/or mini games as well. It has been done, over and over again in games much older than Cyberpunk2077 and it's an amazing way (when done right) to immerse the player in the world.
That alone would start to change how the world is interacted with, would give reason to explore said hub looking for new unlockable quests from time to time, going to every bar on every district in the city to talk to NPCs with interesting new dialogue and possibly some new hidden quests depending on the way you talk to them.

Much better than having the cellphone being the largest way the bulk of sidequests are delivered to the player.

That small change would start fixing so many things...

And it uses all they already have, no major engine changes. Just the assets and tools already available. The new dialogues and quests doesn't even have to be dubbed, just well written and subtitled.

On every single missing feature post and request post this is what I always see over and over: lack of extra side content, reasons to explore the city, lack of interaction with the city.

So the way I see it...

Asking for quest and interaction hubs (in which you talk to random NPCs in said hubs to unlock hidden branching side quests instead just getting quests via cellphone) is not a huge thing. It's actually quite a basic feature and not even close to any kind of hardcore overall, but it would go a loooong way into adding much needed immersion and more content to the game and the city which currently feels empty and would give a reason for the player to explore said places from time to time not knowing if news quests and lore dialogue unlocked or not (say, a hub per district, the bars would be a great place for it). Said hubs could have mini games, and interactions animated with foods and drinks (like drinking the Jackie drink in the afterlife could give the player a one hour bonus for using revolvers and his bike, and so on), again: they already have the animations and the tools to do that, it's done trough the main story, just sightly improve upon it.

Same goes for having Pacifica turned into a NPC warzone with NPC gangs killing each other... no major feature, no giant effort or overall, just work with what they already have to improve the game.

Thank you so much for reading trough it all, really appreciate it : )

PS:

Square Enix and Hello Games are two contemporary examples of just how much can be changed /added into a game while keeping the core engine intact and just working with the tools and assets you already have, in less than a year with less resources and man power than CDPR. After FFXIV Square Enix stocks feel harder than CDPR and they actually were in the very brink of bankruptcy, they had but one last single shot at fixing FFXIV with what they had and that was it, and they pulled it in less than a year, the game totally different and much improved and today has many expansions and a big loyal player base.

Even looking at Witcher 1 and Witcher 2 and they enhanced editions are prime examples of just HOW much they can change and improve a game and add new features to them in less than a year, complete improvements, new textures even, new NPCs, quests and features. Witcher 3 and it's free patches and paid DLCs, same thing, a year and a ton of changes, improvements, new features, new areas, a lot more dialogs, game changing additions... CDProjektRED did all of the above. It's no different with what Cyberpunk 2077 NEEDS, and that's the key difference: none of those games needed any huge improvement or new content and features to really be any good, none, yet they received, a lot. Now 2077 actually needs those "extras" to be any good of a game which means they should work way way harder than they did in the above titles.

Last edited:
It would require some pretty thorough rethinking and refurbishing from general gameplay mechanics to deeper character systems to interactivi&reactivity and even narrative direction and player agency, if was to be ”fixed”.

I don’t expect it to be that thoroughly fixed, but I’m kinda expecting an ”enhanced edition” somewhere down the line.

But all in all, inspite the beatiful city, this game so far has been a textbook example of a missed opportunity.

I am a melee guy, and i like finishers. The only 2 weapons that have A finisher are the Katana, and the Mantis Blades, and they only have 1 finisher so it gets boring. I would like to see finishers on all melee weapon types "including unarmed/gorilla arms, and monowire" and an option to turn them off, for those who don't like doing finishers. This kind of update happened on the Witcher 3, so I'm optimistic to see it happen here. I would also like to see stealth takedowns to have different finishers based on what weapon you have equipped, i think the monowire stealth takedown could be interesting.
I rarely get attached to in game companions, or AI partners, but Jackie Welles won me over. Jackie's Vibes hit me right away, I could feel him in my heart. Jackie was sweet, tough, loyal, funny, willing to sacrifice himself if he thought it was the right thing to do, and he was full of love. I wish we could put him on one of those chips, and have him around for more dialiogue. I am not far enough in the story to know how the current Johnny chip goes down, or if they perfect it, but if the chip is viable, i would love to have my best friend on one.
I think the rest of the game is excellent, the story, the world, the theme, the music, the driving, the NPCs, the dialogue, and gun play are satisfying to me, this is not what i expected from a game i was waiting for since 2012, but i have faith in CD Projekt Red to come through, we just need to be patient. This kind of game is new to them, and they are taking on something that is big, even for those who aren't new to sci-fi FPS RPGs. <3 U CD Projekt Red

But all in all, inspite the beatiful city, this game so far has been a textbook example of a missed opportunity.

Exactly. This game has a lot of potential, hopefully it has been coded to use this potential in the future, not just throw in new clothes and motorbikes. I hope the game won't die after 2 DLCs with some longer stories and purely graphical contect packs. Instead, I prefer them to just pour life into the city and new challenges by changing gameplay mechanics or improving them. Rides and clothes can wait. Anything to get away from this far-cryish gameplay

okay, basically what most of us want are two biug things: to fix the game AI,bugs op stuff etc. and to give us the content we were promissed. the later is composed out of Individuality, individuality in customication story appearnce etc. and the other one is depht to make the gangs actually matter and not to only be things to kill if not to choin them as you already said i mean we are mostly an independend mercenary then at least to allign oneself with them. if we had muliople of these factions competing in one region with one being the main faction(what alreeady is kinda the case) the contracts could be in for wahtever faction you decided to help.

this seems like mcuh to add so i would hope that we at first get the bugs fixed then we get the individualistation. then the last step would be to add a big update like 2.0 that makes the game to what we hopped for it could also work to declare the game early access afterwards and now start with 0.05 (instead of 1.05) and work the updates up until we reach 1.0 which then will be the game we always wanted. the game we were promised the game we preorderd, the game we thought to buy

some missions like these of ther trailers feel great as they give the illusion of the game we wanted, but to fix it there would be much rearrangement be necessary. (also maybe make the story not end with and end and create that drag that made this feeling of needing to do it you know the whole death is currently knocking on your door situation with deaht being so unescapable in front of you it makes for a charachter rarely sens to do side missions beforehand that is why i think the chip should only be like deharmed so it doesnt kill you and then give us act 3 in which we have a logical time become a legend of night city and then in the end finish the game by driving away with panam blowing the arasaka tower up or wahtever makes sense as an ending.

i could write so endless what would be possibilitys for me to let this game work but the thing is these story fixes have to occure at the same time due to the way the story was written

A few key things they need to do (outside of bug-fixing).

Factions: Cyberpunk is very much about factions. There should be two 'rival' factions for each lifepath (corp, nomad and street gang) and doing jobs or just engaging with aligned NPCs in dialogue should add affinity to one, and reduce affinity with their rival(s) - (eg: Arasaka vs Militech). Your affinity + street cred should then open up or close down sidequest hustles, access to special gear, info (maybe even access to exclusive bars and 'services').

Relationships: V also needs a 'relationship meter' with main NPCs. These should be affected by V's in-game actions, faction affinities, dialogue choices and lifepath. These relationship scores will determine friendliness/dialogue options and romance opportunities - and some could impact the later stages of the game with 'off-screen' actions by allies which slightly adjust the final mission challenges (Friendly netrunner hacking to help you, or Dum Dum causing a big ass distraction to draw away reinforcements, etc).

Lifepath-linked endings: there should be endings linked to lifepaths where V has the option of going back to corpo-life, or nomad-life, etc. No spoilers here, so will not discuss endings in detail, but would be nice to see lifepath figure into the options at the end.

Deep pocket expenses: There needs to be a motivation to get more eddies (beyond just buying weapons and cars). Being able to buy decor for the apartment and make the place really cool - and then being able to have people over (like Mass Effect 3's Citadel DLC) would motivate to really save the pennies to invest.

Stores: As part of the above, I'd like to see a lot of open stores selling antique furnishings, tech gadgets, cool art, etc where I can purchase stuff and have it delivered to my pad (much more fun than having tons of random, meaningless loot). Unique art and such could be a more interesting reward than just one more gun (V the art thief doing some B&E into corpo offices - hmmm, do I take the Mona Lisa or the David statue - which would look better over my faux-antique fireplace?).

Auto-driving: The driving system is about as fun as driving in traffic in real life - which sucks. Cars in the city should just be self-driving (a glorified fast travel system that let's you admire the city as you drive). Outside the city is a different story - there being able to free drive can be fun, and a lot easier to implement technically. The fast travel 'kiosks' are immersion breaking - would rather call up my self-driving car, or a combat cab, and be shuttled where I need to go. Wouldn't mind a flying taxi service for fast travel either (like in the start of the corpo backstory), but this may be difficult with rendering issues.

Hacking mini-game: The current 'breach' number puzzle is on par with Mass Effect Andromeda's 'Sodoku puzzles'. What happened here? Make hacking a fun 'gwent-like' mini-game with attacking and defensive software 'cards'. There's a reason people loved Gwent. Why abandon what works so well? Such a mini-game would also make finding/buying hacking software 'cards/chips' a big in-game goal.

There are a lot of other things - we could write entire design docs on. Branching, exclusive dialogue trees, 3rd person dialogue cameras, balancing and inventory optimisations, more romance options, etc., which others have mentioned in the thread. But these few things I reckon could revive the RPG aspect of this game. (Not that anyone from higher up in CDPR will likely go near this forum any time soon, but would be nice if they did).

Well. for my 50 hours of gametime.. Most prominant bugs come to mind.

Fix the mirror bug were bald is the only choice, atleast put colorfull boxes near floating textures..

make sure that some side missions/gigs would not double up the choise questions(it happenes not often, but happens)

tweek the 'nano-wire' attack animations, feel like one of those early 2000 games, to choppy/generic.

Fix the iconic Kongo(i think) gun that you get from arosakas chief son(legendery one bugged out for me)

retweek the entire Eddies system... i get like 5-8k for a gig, and like 3k for side mission, while guns costs 110k and cars costs double that. To grinddy to get something.

Cloathing choises, add more cloathing, add skimpy/smexy cloathing, females have tons of boots, so in game, there should also be A HUGE VARIATY of boots/heels/platforms/unqiue/even cyberwere legs.

Fix the npc cliping(secondery since i enjoy seeing them noclip xD)

fix the disapearence of some encounters... like going up to gang members, they get alearted, start to kill em, and they disapear... literally disapear.

add side-storys for most fixers in game(Highly recommend)

add ability to join certain gangs/ncpd or even the maxtech(which i want to join) Even trauma team should be a choice.

Give us ability, to withdraw our mantisblades/nanowire, for we just want to beat the shit out of someone using fists without going first to the ripperdock, and taking them off.

Open up more of the world... I see sings "Open" in front of some random door, i approach it, and it's locked...

Make doublejump ripperdoc upgrades cost less, or integrate it into some main missions so pple would get it faster, cause it improves the entire game expiriance.

add more romantic options(romancable characters).

add a faction for cyberpsychos, basicly, a cyberpsycho terrist, and that it changes the entire night city if you join the psychos(almost everything is an enemy and your job is to go on a killing spree).
P.S. i know this is asking a lot, but as a DLC it could really work.

add 'Uniqe' or 'relic' tier to the current 'tier' list, and make it obtainable with a lot of effort. like locked behind a chain side missions, and so on.

add a lot more of the 'complete' suits for appearance. We got that vanity slot, were a full outfit can fit, but there are like 3-4 of them so far after 50 hours of killing. would atleast cover up the clown.

Make regional shops that sell something to their region, i hate going to all cloathing stores to see the same inventory. and make them easier to spot.

add the ability to join the copros, i would enjoy playing as Kang-Tao, and the bunch.

fixing the AI's would be nice, like the NCPD's.

bring in the cut content that you've wanted to be in the game aswell.

that's all for now.

There are a lot of other things - we could write entire design docs on. Branching, exclusive dialogue trees, 3rd person dialogue cameras, balancing and inventory optimisations, more romance options, etc., which others have mentioned in the thread. But these few things I reckon could revive the RPG aspect of this game. (Not that anyone from higher up in CDPR will likely go near this forum any time soon, but would be nice if they did).

You've pointed it out nicely. What I write is not crucial at all, but after playing Front Mission 3, I am still disappointed today that no one has created such an immersive Internet in the game. Dozens of pages, online documents, Internet contacts, collecting information, passwords, hacktools to break into websites to get some information or upgrade. I haven't seen it anywhere since then. Sometimes hacking should be not only 'minigame' things, but also eavesdropping someone, getting information and just getting somewhere where you can use skills from the tree. There was a lot of talk about this netrunning before the game was released, Mike Pondsmith in one of the materials on the yt CD PROJEKT RED account told why the network at Cyberpunk works differently and does not use traditional computers with monitors because the technology has just gone towards netrunning. Meanwhile, in the game - a laptop on a laptop.

Honeslty the story yes its good but feels like a side story or one that belongs too an expansion.

i thought going by alot of the trailers your whole goal was to become the top merc taking on the gangs and corpos getting involved in corporate espionage

id like to see what the script of the game was back in 2017/18 cause to me it looks like the story was redone since sometime in 2019

Top Bottom