Hotfix 1.06

+
Playing it on the PS5, I press X carry on the game from my last save But instead it just goes to the title screen.
Restarting my console fixed this for me, hopefully it helps!
Post automatically merged:

I'm about 100 hours in (PS5) and finally came back to do the last 'Beat on the Brat' fight. As if the 1v1 fistfight mechanics weren't janky enough, I upgraded to legendary gorilla arms and now my blocks and counters don't do anything.. all of the NPC damage goes right through. I reloaded my save to downgrade back to rare g-arms just so I could block again.

On another note, after putting a lot of points into crafting for Iconic/Legendary gear, I feel like there needs to be re-tuning for the cost of upgrading (not crafting). I did a test last night with Overwatch. If I kept the base weapon when I got it and crafted it at level 50 instead, the dps would be over twice what it is now (630 vs 1400). Upgrading once through the upgrade menu would only take it from 630 to 650 dps, and the amount of materials it takes for 20dps far outweighs the damage gain. I cant imagine how many materials it would take to get it up to 1400.. Now I'm blocked out of re-crafting it because I don't have the purple variant, and I'm stuck with a crappy Legendary variant from like level 28. Either add-in the ability to craft a common version to re-craft at later levels to scale with you, or rework the upgrading system costs.

This game needs a favoriting system to block items from being sold/junked, a re-tuned upgrading system, a 'craft amount' option for bulk crafting components, and an armor glamor system for QOL. I've put like 100 hours into this game as a crafting/netrunner build and the crafting is so lackluster, especially in the armor department..

Last edited:
I just noticed that update 1.06 doesn't show up in the games "update history" on PS4. The last one shown is 1.05. Is it possible (Dum Dum disappearing) wasn't fixed because the patch didn't go through even though it said it installed? Checking for updates says it's up to date now.

Is there anyway I can roll my PS4 back to 1.05? At least the game was playable.

Currently, if I change weapons / grenades in my inventory I will not be able to use any weapons and the game will crash. I'm fairly certain that as soon as I open my inventory I have 1 min until it crashes.

I just noticed that update 1.06 doesn't show up in the games "update history" on PS4. The last one shown is 1.05. Is it possible (Dum Dum disappearing) wasn't fixed because the patch didn't go through even though it said it installed? Checking for updates says it's up to date now.
Have you had any issues with your inventory? Items worn are not visible? Changing a weapon or grenade prevents you from using any weapons? Extra items are not visible?

Last edited:
yeaaaaah, you're 'fix' has done the exact opposite. I could login just fine and have played the game through once already (loved it). Tried to revisit to try some alternate decisions since the patch and the game fails to launch. I know yall have gotten a TON of bad press from how buggy this crap was (seriously, it's pretty damn bad), but this takes the cake IMO. Let's rush on a patch and tank the game was a terrible choice after rushing to release and releasing what apears to be a REALLY shoddy beta. Come on yall, wtf?

Is there anyway I can roll my PS4 back to 1.05? At least the game was playable.

Currently, if I change weapons / grenades in my inventory I will not be able to use any weapons and the game will crash. I'm fairly certain that as soon as I open my inventory I have 1 min until it crashes.

Have you had any issues with your inventory? Items worn are not visible? Changing a weapon or grenade prevents you from using any weapons? Extra items are not visible?

I'm all for the rolling back.. Glitchy as fuckall, but at least I could play it

yeaaaaah, you're 'fix' has done the exact opposite. I could login just fine and have played the game through once already (loved it). Tried to revisit to try some alternate decisions since the patch and the game fails to launch. I know yall have gotten a TON of bad press from how buggy this crap was (seriously, it's pretty damn bad), but this takes the cake IMO. Let's rush on a patch and tank the game was a terrible choice after rushing to release and releasing what apears to be a REALLY shoddy beta. Come on yall, wtf?

I'm all for the rolling back.. Glitchy as fuckall, but at least I could play it
The game has flaws yes, the game needs to be improved yes, but to say it looks like a real poor beta is too much. The game remains an excellent game and personally after 120 hours and more I still want to play it, passing over those bugs that many find. This game with the right improvement can get even better than it is now. Obviously I am referring to the PC version

The game has flaws yes, the game needs to be improved yes, but to say it looks like a real poor beta is too much. The game remains an excellent game and personally after 120 hours and more I still want to play it, passing over those bugs that many find. This game with the right improvement can get even better than it is now. Obviously I am referring to the PC version

I am not sure if you really understand what a beta is, a game that is almost unplayable on two of the consoles it was supposed to be played on is absolutely in a beta state, same goes with all the non-working or broken features, like civilian AI, the police and anything else you can think off.
The game would have needed to be played by a bunch of testers or regular players in either a closed or an open beta, to find and fix all these flaws and bugs. Which means this is literally what a game in beta state is.

And it is almost absurd if you play it on PC, which everyone agrees on is the most stable and working version and make statements about the game's state in general.
I'm a pc player myself, my game runs stable, I haven't had any crashes since the 1.04 update, I have all the annoying bugs, the disappointment, but at least my game runs alright.
Yet I know it doesn't for people on last gen consoles, especially now that the latest patch has broken the game again.

Well...i could play this game with maxed out settings with an fps of 50 to 65 with the 2070 1080p, but now im getting random lag and fps drops to 0fps, cant switch between borderless window and fullscreen using alt enter, it just freezes

Hotfix 1.06 is available on PC and consoles! Here is the full list of changes:

Quests
  • Dum Dum will no longer go missing from Totentanz entrance during Second Conflict.
Console-specific
  • Improved memory management and stability, resulting in fewer crashes.
PC-specific
  • Removed the 8 MB save file size limit. Note: this won’t fix save files corrupted before the update.
I did not get any type of update why??

i did not got any update?? plez tell me how do i update

I am not sure if you really understand what a beta is, a game that is almost unplayable on two of the consoles it was supposed to be played on is absolutely in a beta state, same goes with all the non-working or broken features, like civilian AI, the police and anything else you can think off.
The game would have needed to be played by a bunch of testers or regular players in either a closed or an open beta, to find and fix all these flaws and bugs. Which means this is literally what a game in beta state is.

And it is almost absurd if you play it on PC, which everyone agrees on is the most stable and working version and make statements about the game's state in general.
I'm a pc player myself, my game runs stable, I haven't had any crashes since the 1.04 update, I have all the annoying bugs, the disappointment, but at least my game runs alright.
Yet I know it doesn't for people on last gen consoles, especially now that the latest patch has broken the game again.

I know exactly what a beta is and I don't need to explain the concept to me :). In fact, my intervention was for the PC, which I also specified in my comment. I know perfectly well that there are still some problems for consoles, which I hope can be partially solved with the next patch, but the game is still beautiful.

Furthermore, in many reviews, however, I have read that this patch, although not resolving, has solved some problems for consoles, not all of course.

I did not get any type of update why??

i did not got any update?? plez tell me how do i update

If you have steam or gog you need to verify that you have not disabled the automatic download, but it should give you the update button. If you have console I would not know sorry

can't get more than 15fps in 1080p low, on a 5950x and 6800xt ... just tried "EZ optimizer" ..even this doesn't change anything ... still unplaybale ... i'm tired with this scam

Epistrophy: Rancho Coronado

The quest is bugged. I did 5/7, but the above one and last one are not working properly.

The cab keeps driving around the block, can't be destroyed, doesn't talk, Delamain can't be called / doesn't answer or doesn't talk.

The last one seems not too work either.

Got a few more crashes, but it could be worse, I guess.

Playing on XBox One X.

Dum Dum is still missing for me in the quest Second Conflict after the 1.06 hot fix.

Its hard to believe that this is still an on going problem. Please fix this asap.

Why do you need 50gb for a 500mb patch?
Ikr... my data usege this last month is going to be massive. Each patch was like downloading the whole game again. Xfinity here in my state only gives us so much monthly data before charging extra... ugh.

Stuck between deciding to watch some shows on netflix or something or download "patches".

Thank you, in the age of lies you did not disappoint, well done.
Is there plans to release the other half of the game?
Or you'll be band aiding this half forever?

Add me to the list of "backward fixes". Played the game on PC since launch day with zero issues. After Patch 1.06, I am getting a ton of visual artifacts that did not existed before. No changes on my system since the day of official game launch, except for the game patches as pushed by CDPR via Steam. I've sent AMD a bug report using the Adrenalin bug reporting tool.

Reference AMD 5700 XT card, Adrenalin 20.12.1. Gaming at 1080p.
Win10 Pro 20H2 (build 19042.685). i7-9700k stock @ 3.6GHz.

I'm still not seeing Dum-Dum in the Second Conflict job. I'd already started the mission [edit: and entered the Totentantz building, rode the elevator up], but left before triggering the broken dialogue where I assume you're supposed to see him (progress blocked at that point, so he's definitely supposed to be there and V responds to a voice line he's supposed to say). My previous saves from before starting the mission at all are hours old. This is after updating to 1.06. I was so disappointed to see that it was still broken after taking a couple weeks off to wait for this hotfix.

Are quest stage manipulation console commands known yet so I can fix this?

Last edited:
Add me to the list of "backward fixes". Played the game on PC since launch day with zero issues. After Patch 1.06, I am getting a ton of visual artifacts that did not existed before. No changes on my system since the day of official game launch, except for the game patches as pushed by CDPR via Steam. I've sent AMD a bug report using the Adrenalin bug reporting tool.

Reference AMD 5700 XT card, Adrenalin 20.12.1. Gaming at 1080p.
Win10 Pro 20H2 (build 19042.685). i7-9700k stock @ 3.6GHz.
Have also played the game since launch on both pc and Stadia. There is no chance in hell that your playthrough did not have any bugs or glitches, couse they are there all around you (maybe your just not paying attention to them). Game breaking bugs I have experienced that are still present :
- Cars dissapearing (my own usually)
- People stuck in texture
- Items can't be picked up
- In the side mission with the guy who has the granade in his face the subtitle is rolling but no sound from the guy is heard.
- When you do the mission where you fly the basalisk Pan am is repeating "what's up V" like 10-15 times. She also sits in thin air and you can't progress unless you reload the mission and do it again.
- Enemies (bosses) are stuck in the world and you can kill them without a fight, happend on a fist fight and a cyberpsycho.
- NPCs just vanishing
.... I could go on but whats the point. Have been enjoying my 100+ hours of playing the game, but to say zero issues is like saying that the game needs no fixing.

110 hours of gameplay on pc and had only 1 crash, and i dont have a high end setup. Thats why its weird for me reading ppl keep crashing on pc cause i have 0 issues with the game, exept some glitches... u might wanna update all of your drivers or something
You have obviously not been crafiting a lot or looting a lot. If you had you would have had crashes, cause the bigger your savefiles gets the more crashes you'll get. And if you file gets to big, the save can't be used at all. Didn't have any crashes either until I started crafting, upgrading and looting a lot. It's nice that you havn't had any crashes, but saying the crashes are the players fault when the game is bugged as hell and have a broken save-system is just dumb.

Well this is first time cyberpunk triggered bsod without even launching the game (after 30 mins stuck at 57%
Had the same issue, ended up reinstalling the game.

T

This 1.06 undid a lot of fixes from 1.05 lol

Are you using mods?...if so update them !!!

Are you using mods?...if so update them !!!
Had the same problem after updating. Just make sure you don't have any ovelay software running on steam, GOG or other software. Turning of overlays fixed it for me.

So far my experience after 1.06 has been severely gotten worst.

I'm playing on PS5, and I think I've had the most crashes after this update than before (counting only after this patch they should be around 7 or even more). And usually it took some hours for the game to crash, but right now it crashes sometimes even after just some minutes played.

Besides the crashes, I've seen so many more bugs as well. Quests bugging, NPCs flipping completely, unable to actually loot the loot, and the list goes on...

I'd rather want CDPR to actually test their patches instead of just releasing them and let the public do the tests. I've already clocked 40h on the game, and the last 5 or so have been the worst. So please, don't just release patches, actually perform some QA on them.
Same for me. Did not have any main mission or side mission errors until 1.06. After the updated the mission with the basalisk is bugged like a lot. Pan am repeating the same sentance 15 times in a rom "what's up V" and now sits down in thin air and won't let you complete the mission (reloading the mission let me finish it). More un-lootable objects too after update. Had my first no gun i hand moment after the update too. Have 1.05 on stadia so am playing it on there until they fix shit that 1.06 ruined (just have to not craft stuff).

Last edited:
Hey guys, the ''welcome to america comrade'' gig is bugged, if you finish it without being detected the quest just stays there in the log and you can't complete it.

I'll attach a screenshot outside the quest perimeter after i sneaked out. It just stays there.

Attachments

• buggedgig.png
    buggedgig.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 67
Dum Dum is still missing for me in the quest Second Conflict after the 1.06 hot fix.

Its hard to believe that this is still an on going problem. Please fix this asap.

Are you sure you didn't kill Dum dum? I as a pc in the quest I killed him and Rey and continuing in that quest Dum dum was replaced

Top Bottom