Panam Palmer Storyline/Sidequests DLC [Spoilers]

+
I have to admit that Panam Palmer storyline is probably the best side story of the game, and to me, Panam, with Judy and Jackie, the best written characters.
It's clear that a lot of player found the Panam story more interesting and more touching.
Of course, it's no more possible with Jackie, but Judy and Panam deserves dedicated DLCs to go in depth with their story.
Agree. I trully believe that the devs already started working on that DLC's because when you finish the game it really looks like that something needs to happen, the game can't just end like that. BTW, with all this sugestions that I already saw on some posts, ... if the devs add that stuff then dammmm, the DLC will be the best DLC that I ever seen in my life :love:

Agree. I trully believe that the devs already started working on that DLC's because when you finish the game it really looks like that something needs to happen, the game can't just end like that. BTW, with all this sugestions that I already saw on some posts, ... if the devs add that stuff then dammmm, the DLC will be the best DLC that I ever seen in my life :love:
Yep, cant end like this.
Is like if the game wanna tell us something but not now. Hopefully on DLC.
Is 2021, we are close to know something tho.
Never been so hyped for a DLC :LOL:
Post automatically merged:

Dammm, I though that I was the only person playing over and over again the nomad ending just to play with Panam one more time :ROFLMAO:.

Well, after this I think we should create a discord server so we can all play toghether the nomad ending and also cry toghether :ROFLMAO::giveup:
We are all on the same situation bud, dont worry XD

Yep, cant end like this.

We are all on the same situation bud, dont worry XD
The supposed Aldecaldos Dlc will probably come out in 2022 at the earliest. If it is actually about the Aldecaldos and finding a cure though.

Big expansions take a lot of time and I would rather have them working their ass off and taking their time to finish this story as good as they can.

The supposed Aldecaldos Dlc will probably come out in 2022 at the earliest. If it is actually about the Aldecaldos and finding a cure though.

Big expansions take a lot of time and I would rather have them working their ass off and taking their time to finish this story as good as they can.
And with story, I mean the upcoming expansion(s) ofcourse haha

Yep, cant end like this.
True. Especially because Panam is an amazing character that made some of us feel a little bit empty after this ending so yeah, I think we all need that DLC and I hope that this time we have more missions with Panam because I think we didn't had to much missions with Panam in the main story. Well I kinda get it like Panam is a character that's a little bit insecure and afraid about loosing you because you helped her getting back to the Aldecaldos and also you stayed by her side all the time so yeah but when your ending the game, specially after that moment inside the basilisk, she starts being more confident because event without saying that you and her are in a relationship so yeah :LOL::ROFLMAO:
BTW, I knowif you play with the female V you can also choose to go with Judy but I'm only talking about Panam because yeah, it was the story that I played and it's the only one that I know so sry for not mentioning Judy as well.

Well, Idk. Well, that's true, the expansion needs a lot of time but I think while they worked on the game they also worked on the expasion, well they probably didn't worked to much but I believe that they started doing something, specially because there's somethings that you see when you're playing the game that kinda shows you that. Well, I hope that because we really need that DLC this year to make it better :ROFLMAO::love:

but Judy and Panam deserves dedicated DLCs to go in depth with their story.
DLC dedicated only to Panam and Judy would be a little dishonorable in relation to other characters, Kerry and River for example (there are too few of them in the game). Panam and Judy are already taking part in the main quest, so it would be nice to have just a little more side quests with them, as well as interactivity.
But I agree that I would like to know the detailed Panam's life story, because Judy tells (and shows) where she grew up, but Panam does not even mention it (as far as I remember)

https://www.reddit.com/r/LowSodiumCyberpunk/comments/kny4ms I think this is the most logical and objective theory about nomad ending. And it can be foundation of the future Aldecaldo dlc. I don't believe that devs could leave us so many hints, references and facts into the game and beyond it just for fun or without any reason. As long as I don't hear denial of this theory by devs, i don't stop counting this one true and canon.

Maybe the nomads are friends with Roswell, the deserts are full of mysteries like the abyss ... ok good night :D

https://www.reddit.com/r/LowSodiumCyberpunk/comments/kny4ms I think this is the most logical and objective theory about nomad ending. And it can be foundation of the future Aldecaldo dlc. I don't believe that devs could leave us so many hints, references and facts into the game and beyond it just for fun or without any reason. As long as I don't hear denial of this theory by devs, i don't stop counting this one true and canon.
Yeah, that's right. And about that thing about the devs team I trully believe that they see our comments and stuuf like that sooo I don't see a reason to don't tell us the true and keep making us believing in something that's not real soooo that probably means that the DLC is comming :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Agreed. To have written such great characters, and then drop interactions with them completely after their final quest feels very strange. In many cases this happens barely halfway through the game, and you won't see/interact with them again unless you romance them and get a specific ending.

There should be ways to continue interacting with them dynamically. The suggestions from games like AC Valhalla or even from what I've heard with GTA are good places to start.
Exactly this and I can't see it being too difficult of a thing for the developers to add considering we have npcs following us in certain missions anyway

I really think she's well fleshed out; Judy as well. The biggest problem for me with these romances is that they ostensibly don't feel any significantly different from a one night stand in terms of V's ability to build and maintain a relationship with them.

Even calling Jackie after he dies provides more depth to me since you can not only give updates but even share your personal feelings and thoughts about calling your deceased friend each time you leave a message.

I think that for the moment with the current endings we are at 50% of the game, the concern is that we will have to wait for the DLC (well that's my opinion).
I just hope with how short the story is and the general unfinished vibe of the game (I still really enjoyed it) there will be significant additions with dlc's.

Ok buckle up Panam gang, this is going to be a long one:

First, it's really likely that devs read the forums, or at the very least have forum posts that gain a lot of traction pointed out to them by community managers. As someone who also works behind the scenes on games with a community, I can point out that a lot of devs refrain from posting because it would cause a lot of pointless excitement when they can't really share much, and that builds a lot of unintentional expectations from the community.

Here is me being a realist:

DLC has probably been in the works for a LONG time, parallel with the main game itself. I say this because in the "A night to remember" trailer for Witcher 3, which came out in 2015 a few days before the game itself, was set in Toussaint, the DLC location which came out in 2016. So I'm pretty sure that whatever they have planned for DLC has been set in stone since ages ago. In this case, I think the best we can get is for devs to notice the huge surge in love for romanceable characters and flesh out the current stretch of interaction we have with them within the base game in the most cost/time efficient way possible, which is more text messages mostly, and maybe some extra dialogue. I think if they did some model posing to create more picture texts that can be sent would definitely enrich the experience without too much additional effort. In this way at least, people can feel like they got more out of the relationship and it feels more like the interaction length can span the entire length of the base game, not just a few quests then radio silence for the next 5-10 hours of main story gameplay time. (Edit: I think if they anchored post-sidemission text messages to the completion of events in the main story, or after 24/48 hour increments in game world time, it would pace things a lot better.)

Now here is me being an optimist (sorry Judy fans):
(insert disclaimer that this is all just my opinion/theory crafting etc. )

To me it's painfully clear that Panam is a key part of the possible endings, more than literally any other side character, whether you romanced her or not. The game endings revolve around V, johnny, and her. For those of us who have played witcher 3, consider the fact that after you beat the game, no matter what ending you chose you got a narrated summary of world and character events happened after the choices you made, which brings complete closure. In spite of that finite ending, cdpr still brought out the blood and wine dlc that could be considered post game. Given the fact that they did that with an essentially completed story, there's no way they would leave things as is for cyberpunk given that each ending (apart from suicide) can still be interpreted as open to varying degrees. This is what makes me feel like a post game expansion is very likely.

Also, given the number of times Panam's contacts in Arizona are mentioned, there's no way they would dangle that fact in your face and just consider that enough of an explanation for a finite ending that does'nt need to be explored. Those contacts are mentioned multiple times and are only ever labelled "contacts", no names, to keep them shrouded in mystery and pique the player's curiosity about what is to come. This heavily suggests an expansion that details finding out who these contacts are.

Lastly, simply because of the fact that she is part of this nomad ending, and that during the drilling sequence when the machine falls apart and we thought she died for a moment, she didn't, suggests some serious plot armor. CDPR had every opportunity to make this a quest where she could have died at some point if for instance, you didn't say the right things to her, much like how Ciri can die if you choose the wrong things in W3(unconfirmed for me whether he can die at this point but i think the fact that Mitch also does this super dangerous thing with the panzer and survives also suggests we haven't seen the last of him either.) Think about it this way: The quest can still be completed if she had died. She would have died helping you get to the arasaka basement, then you and saul get inside where he does the computer stuff and finds you the route to mikoshi, and then during the adam smasher fight he dies and you fight smasher alone. The NPC contribution during this fight is minimal anyway, so it likely boils down to a conscious effort to keep her alive.

These conscious choices are surrounded by optimistic tarot cards such as the star, the sun, the chariot and the lovers. Cassidy's dialogue to us that basically boils down to 'only if you think something bad will happen, it will' combined with his remark about the optimism of V's youth instills hope. Additionally, just to make sure, after getting the Panam ending in another playthrough at the point before the final mission I drove back to that same spot where you get into the basilisk for the star ending. The tent it's housed in during that ending does not exist at all, it's just an empty patch. This definitely confirms that every single thing placed in that tent (especially the iliad shard) was put there for a reason.

So these factors all tied together are basically yelling at me that we will get an aldecaldo expansion. And since it's guaranteed that Panam lives till the end, romanced or not, that she will be part of it. She sits with you on that basilisk in the ending scene no matter what, whether she's your girl or your bff, whether you romanced kerry/river or even judy, who is relegated to a phone call. And there's no way that cdpr won't factor in whther you romanced her or not in your interactions with panam in this expansion.

Phew! Sorry for the length, but I've been sitting on these thoughts for a very long while and this is my first forum post, so had to get it all out :p

Ok buckle up Panam gang, this is going to be a long one:

First, it's really likely that devs read the forums, or at the very least have forum posts that gain a lot of traction pointed out to them by community managers. As someone who also works behind the scenes on games with a community, I can point out that a lot of devs refrain from posting because it would cause a lot of pointless excitement when they can't really share much, and that builds a lot of unintentional expectations from the community.

Here is me being a realist:

DLC has probably been in the works for a LONG time, parallel with the main game itself. I say this because in the "A night to remember" trailer for Witcher 3, which came out in 2015 a few days before the game itself, was set in Toussaint, the DLC location which came out in 2016. So I'm pretty sure that whatever they have planned for DLC has been set in stone since ages ago. In this case, I think the best we can get is for devs to notice the huge surge in love for romanceable characters and flesh out the current stretch of interaction we have with them within the base game in the most cost/time efficient way possible, which is more text messages mostly, and maybe some extra dialogue. I think if they did some model posing to create more picture texts that can be sent would definitely enrich the experience without too much additional effort. In this way at least, people can feel like they got more out of the relationship and it feels more like the interaction length can span the entire length of the base game, not just a few quests then radio silence for the next 5-10 hours of main story gameplay time.

Now here is me being an optimist (sorry Judy fans):
(insert disclaimer that this is all just my opinion/theory crafting etc. )

To me it's painfully clear that Panam is a key part of the possible endings, more than literally any other side character, whether you romanced her or not. The game endings revolve around V, johnny, and her. For those of us who have played witcher 3, consider the fact that after you beat the game, no matter what ending you chose you got a narrated summary of world and character events happened after the choices you made, which brings complete closure. In spite of that finite ending, cdpr still brought out the blood and wine dlc that could be considered post game. Given the fact that they did that with an essentially completed story, there's no way they would leave things as is for cyberpunk given that each ending (apart from suicide) can still be interpreted as open to varying degrees. This is what makes me feel like a post game expansion is very likely.

Also, given the number of times Panam's contacts in Arizona are mentioned, there's no way they would dangle that fact in your face and just consider that enough of an explanation for a finite ending that does'nt need to be explored. Those contacts are mentioned multiple times and are only ever labelled "contacts", no names, to keep them shrouded in mystery and pique the player's curiosity about what is to come. This heavily suggests an expansion that details finding out who these contacts are.

Lastly, simply because of the fact that she is part of this nomad ending, and that during the drilling sequence when the machine falls apart and we thought she died for a moment, she didn't, suggests some serious plot armor. CDPR had every opportunity to make this a quest where she could have died at some point if for instance, you didn't say the right things to her, much like how Ciri can die if you choose the wrong things in W3(unconfirmed for me whether he can die at this point but i think the fact that Mitch also does this super dangerous thing with the panzer and survives also suggests we haven't seen the last of him either.) Think about it this way: The quest can still be completed if she had died. She would have died helping you get to the arasaka basement, then you and saul get inside where he does the computer stuff and finds you the route to mikoshi, and then during the adam smasher fight he dies and you fight smasher alone. The NPC contribution during this fight is minimal anyway, so it likely boils down to a conscious effort to keep her alive.

These conscious choices are surrounded by optimistic tarot cards such as the star, the sun, the chariot and the lovers. Cassidy's dialogue to us that basically boils down to 'only if you think something bad will happen, it will' combined with his remark about the optimism of V's youth instills hope. Additionally, just to make sure, after getting the Panam ending in another playthrough at the point before the final mission I drove back to that same spot where you get into the basilisk for the star ending. The tent it's housed in during that ending does not exist at all, it's just an empty patch. This definitely confirms that every single thing placed in that tent (especially the iliad shard) was put there for a reason.

So these factors all tied together are basically yelling at me that we will get an aldecaldo expansion. And since it's guaranteed that Panam lives till the end, romanced or not, that she will be part of it. She sits with you on that basilisk in the ending scene no matter what, whether she's your girl or your bff, whether you romanced kerry/river or even judy, who is relegated to a phone call. And there's no way that cdpr won't factor in whther you romanced her or not in your interactions with panam in this expansion.

Phew! Sorry for the length, but I've been sitting on these thoughts for a very long while and this is my first forum post, so had to get it all out :p
I agree. Adding more Content to the current side characters would be great. Adding more text messages would not be an issue I think. Even Implementing them sending pictures to you once in a while would be great. That said, I would love to have some small side quests and extra dialogue being added. In that way the relationship doesn't feel that empty anymore after you have finished their quests.

Sure ofc, but at least i hope they tell us "hey guys, we are working on this", so we know what to wait, and not just waiting for nothing.

Anyways i think they had enough time also to work a bit on expansion, so maybe less than 1 year.

I will gladly wait 1 year if they release a bad ass DLC tho

Sure ofc, but at least i hope they tell us "hey guys, we are working on this", so we know what to wait, and not just waiting for nothing.

Anyways i think they had enough also to work a bit on expansion, so maybe less than 1 year.

I will gladly wait 1 year if they release a bad ass DLC tho
Yea I really hope we can hear what the expansion is gonna be based on at least a month or two ahead of time. I want to just ask CDPR if we will see more of Panam in the expansions but Idk if they will tell us yet or not.

Yea I really hope we can hear what the expansion is gonna be based on at least a month or two ahead of time. I want to just ask CDPR if we will see more of Panam in the expansions but Idk if they will tell us yet or not.
They will most likely let us know, i completely believe so.
But when? They plan 2 big patches, 1 january, 1 february. So if we are lucky, after the first one on january we will know something. If not, probably on march so is not much time to wait but..
Really cant wait, I wanna know something :ROFLMAO:

Helo respectfull Dev Team,
I really fell in love with the gameplay of your awesome CP2077, but i have one Question i wanna ask you, and i think im not the only one that is felling like me.
I just played the end of the Quests of Panam Palmer, i really felt smth in this Storyline. Ngl i was a little bit depressed, when the Romance apruptly ended, like it was just a facade over all.

For me its the first time i felt this way of a virtual Character but luckily iam not the only person that thinks like this.

I would love it when you think about the community and to think about a possible DLC for a Storyline expansion of Panam Palmer( also other Characters) how many of us loved this character and are unhappy that it ended this way. May i ensure u that im not the only person whos feeling like this.

https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/kc2alk over all i hope you see this message and we could came with smth up.

Greetings, keep up the good work.

Edit: Hopefully we`ll get new news around the upcoming gameplay features, keep me up to date.
Im sure that CDPR will keep their promises.
I agree to this panam really is a great character sadly her questline is to abrupt and lacking in both storytelling and character development compared to judy where you really see judys grief, anger, and redemption and when you female V it really feels like V and judy are in relationship cause sometimes judy randomly call or text just share some things or ask if V is holding up alright unlike for panam after her last mission it feels as if she just vanish from you life only way to talk to her is with her repetitive dialogue and thats it, theres no connection/relationship that you can feel at all so yea panam really needs more story for the upcoming DLC.

But when? They plan 2 big patches, 1 january, 1 february. So if we are lucky, after the first one on january we will know something. If not, probably on march so is not much time to wait but..
I like your enthusiasm. I am happy there are people who share the same excitement for this as I :D

yeah, Just knowing we will have to wait some months feels like torture ):

Top Bottom