Who is Mr Blue Eyes? (spoilers)

+
Hello everyone. I have a question about Mr. Blue Eye's Ring. Have any1 saw this?
What does it mean? GJ? Gloria Jeans fan?View attachment 11123156

I think that says JG as in Jinguji -- there's a store nearby Arasaka Tower/Corpo Plaza called Jinguji. Several characters in the game wear this ring (e.g. Jefferson Peralez, Anders Hellman, Mr. Jenkins in the Corpo Prologue, Gary the Prophet).

Attachments

• photomode_09012021_190021.png
    photomode_09012021_190021.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 121
  • photomode_01012021_010741.png
    photomode_01012021_010741.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 126
  • photomode_01012021_010712.png
    photomode_01012021_010712.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 119
Last edited:
There is also another character - a random NPC by the name of Brendan Barker.

He stands out, often shows up after you leave Afterlife the first time you speak to Rogue.

Might be coincidence - but one of the most detailed NPCs in the street (check out the nose hair), also has the ring, and has unique voice work.

BrendanBarker2.jpg

Post automatically merged:

At first I thought the rings were just a reference to JG Ballard - but there does seem to be some game related importance behind them.

Last edited:
There is also another character - a random NPC by the name of Brendan Barker.

He stands out, often shows up after you leave Afterlife the first time you speak to Rogue.

Might be coincidence - but one of the most detailed NPCs in the street (check out the nose hair), also has the ring, and has unique voice work.

View attachment 11136068

At first I thought the rings were just a reference to JG Ballard - but there does seem to be some importance behind them.

He looks like an NPC I've seen hanging around the Dark Matters club -- the club that Kerry Eurodyne has you meet him at with Us Cracks. I've noticed how detailed he looks, too.

He looks like an NPC I've seen hanging around the Dark Matters club -- the club that Kerry Eurodyne has you meet him at with Us Cracks.

I've started stalking and cataloging interesting stand out NPCs. Most of the time - you can see they're pretty generic (colourful, but generic) and there are some that are less so.

...also I just love a conspiracy trail! :D I'll follow this down whatever rabbit holes I find!

I've started stalking and cataloging interesting stand out NPCs. Most of the time - you can see they're pretty generic (colourful, but generic) and there are some that are less so.

...also I just love a conspiracy trail! :D I'll follow this down whatever rabbit holes I find!

They are all androids working for Mr. Blue Eyes who has taken over Netwatch.

They are all androids working for Mr. Blue Eyes who has taken over Netwatch.

You might be on to something. I've noticed that some of the NPCs who have those JG rings on also have glowing blue eyes as well. I've seen two of them so far that have the "Illusive Man" eyes (e.g. the eyes glow even when they aren't on a call) -- Mr. Blue Eyes and Mr. Jenkins. I wonder if the glowing blue eyes and JG rings mean they are rogue AI.

Attachments

• mr. blue eyes.png
    mr. blue eyes.png
    610.2 KB · Views: 236
  • photomode_25122020_214854.png
    photomode_25122020_214854.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 275
Mr. Blue Eyes represents a tangible connection in the game of whats to come in the Cyberpunk universe. I do believe he is the faction that represents the AI nation rising in the shadows.

There is a subtle hint of AI involvement in the Peralez story arch however its not very clear if that indeed is the case. Peralez has extremely minimal support from potential voters, appearing to be losing ground against Holt.

In the Voodoo Boy's story, they reveal that they are well aware of what is going on in terms of the interaction between AI and human society and they wish to get ahead of the coming calamity/clash of the organic vs technological singularity.

In the future, I think Cyberpunk will use various story-archs and protagonists to tell a story set within a dystopian future where technology has achieved sentience, and we will be fighting to make a choice of where the human condition will progress in the future.

In terms of the game world, its going to take alot of narrative development for any sequel to accomplish this sucessfully.

You might be on to something. I've noticed that some of the NPCs who have those JG rings on also have glowing blue eyes as well. I've seen two of them so far that have the "Illusive Man" eyes (e.g. the eyes glow even when they aren't on a call) -- Mr. Blue Eyes and Mr. Jenkins. I wonder if the glowing blue eyes and JG rings mean they are rogue AI.

There is a reference in the game where it writes about a girl....

Warning: This is a rabbit hole. Woe to the who enters hear, where even angels fear to tread.

who fell in love with someone who had those blue eyes and then she found out he was an android.

Blue Eyes Android.jpg

I like where this rabbit hole is going. I like it a lot.

So there is android AI running around night city, and / or people being manipulated and re-configured by AI.

...more of this please.

It does, Alt specifically mentions this in one of the endings.
Yeah. Its added last minute to justify the second terminal condition of V.
Changing existing and established pieces of lore only to fit to your narrative, is considered a plothole.

Mr blue eyes could be a proxy. A doll.

Doing the face to face work for somebody in the background. AI or human.

just to add to the conspiracy

I have noticed that when NPCs transfer funds to my wallet (e.g after completing a mission) their eyes turns blue for few seconds.
I am not sure if this happens with all them nor if it has to do with them being android, might be just because they log to the net to wire me money, if you actually happen to don't see blue eyes when wiring fund we can definitely write off this explanation.

those blue eyes kind of freak me out whenever I saw them blinking when they pay me, as is foreshadowing something...

I have blue eyes btw

I thought blue eyes was that guy running for mayor of night city while under control of the conspiracy. They look the same to me.

just to add to the conspiracy

I have noticed that when NPCs transfer funds to my wallet (e.g after completing a mission) their eyes turns blue for few seconds.
I am not sure if this happens with all them nor if it has to do with them being android, might be just because they log to the net to wire me money, if you actually happen to don't see blue eyes when wiring fund we can definitely write off this explanation.

those blue eyes kind of freak me out whenever I saw them blinking when they pay me, as is foreshadowing something...

I have blue eyes btw

Indeed, this crossed my mind too.

If we're dealing with AI, and it's more than likely we are.

One of the best ways to daemon your way into every nook and cranny and learn all the information you can is too piggy back on every eddie transfer that goes on.

Blue eyes means connected to the net. We mostly see it when people are on phone or transfering funds.

So the fact he's always got blue eyes surely means hes always connected to the net. So AI...

didn't johnny silverhand mention that rogue AI's was a big thing in his time?
also morgan blackhand was from his time (not to mention, the hairfile for blue eys is called morganblackhand)

hmmm... morgan blackhand is rogue AI? :3

Top Bottom