release the meshes

+
Could you be more specific..? I don't understand what you mean... Every character has to have their main texture in DXT5 with or without an alpha channel, and a normalmap texture (blue/magenta stuff) in DXT5 with alpha channel (which serves as the specular channel). Using alpha in the main texture results in good old transparent textures (for holes in clothing, etc)

I mean that for example during a conversation the character looks like it should look like. If that what you wrote would be the problem, the character's appearance would always be corrupt, or?

All I know is that characters tend to look weird when their specular channels are missing. Technically there shouldn't be a reason for that - no specular channel should act the same as an all-black specular channel - but the engine is known not to like it, and behave in weird ways.

Mipmaps explained here.When exporting DDS textures - assuming you're using the nVidia DDS plugin for Photoshop? - you have an option to either generate mipmaps or use existing. You always want to generate them. And, use some DDS viewer (http://www.amnoid.de/ddsview to name one) to check if your resulting image has proper mipmaps and alpha channels.Perhaps you could upload the faulty image somewhere so that I could take a look at it?-- Sinus

HexenmeisterRaven said:
HexenmeisterRaven said:
Reskinning is easy as 1-2-3, however - you can quite well change existing textures, or add new ones for your new characters on existing models by adding new "head and body" replacements to appearances.2da .
Hm, that makes me think of something, say Ailinon, is it possible to change only the head of Geralt into another one in the appearance.2da, say we Yaevin, and then play with the Geralt-player template that is looking like Yaevin? You know what I mean, playing the normal Geralt-body with all his abilities and swords and armors but with head looking as Yaevin?
That is can be done, but you also need edit head mesh via HEX EDITOR, or something like that. In KOTOR games it was easy editing heads.2da file where all heads listed. In The Witcher heads.2da file do not contain valid strings and can't be edited. That is great pain to me.

There's no heads.2da in The Witcher at all, actually. Witcher's models are built complete with their heads, they're not separate interchangeable models. You can only change textures, thus creating new body+head paintjobs.

Top Bottom