Scanning does not count

+
I have the same issue. To clarify for other posters with other scanning issues, this particular flavor:
  • Allows hacking to work as normal
  • Allows tab scanning as normal for gameplay purposes (highlighting objects)
  • Allows the standard 'Info' tab to be accessed while scanning
  • Does not allow any mission or story based additional info to populate and does not progress missions where scanning is a requisite step. These opportunities are always characterized by a gold/amber color when scanning and a magnifying glass, but when experiencing this bug, this magnifying glass icon always has an additional stopwatch icon overlaying it in the bottom right section
From a story perspective, this means that the blood trails and dead bodies normally providing additional flavor text on missions don't work. It means that some story decisions also automatically fail (you can't scan a ripperdoc patient when asked to, for example- it just doesn't register).

Most significantly, it means that certain missions are irrevocably broken. You just can't work around Ghost Towns or Gimme Danger's need to scan for the quests to proceed.

I have had Johnny pop up to have conversations with me as part of a handful of side gigs (such as the one where I took the non-lethal route to save a monk). Unlike what some others suggested, this did not clear the bug. Nothing has.

I'm not certain which mission triggered it for me, but I've 30+ hours past the last save where it wasn't in effect (all spent clearing icons on the map, since I can generally do that, although it means I fail some side objectives or are locked into some choices). I know it was working in Disasterpiece.

I also had the issue with the car not spawning for the peace offering gig. Not sure if that's related or not.

But once I exhaust all of the remaining map icons, I'm fully dead in the water. I'm not replaying 30+ hours of assaults and side gigs, not now in the current state.
This is a perfect summary and I'm also not willing to spend another 40h in this game again to catch up with my current progress.

Last edited:
I'm having the same issues.

Stuck on quests Heroes, Gimme danger and Ghost town. Two of these are main story quests which means that I cannot progress any further. Gamebreaking bug and I really hope devs will prioritize this. 40h+ played

I'm having the same issues.

Stuck on quests Heroes, Gimme danger and Ghost town. Two of these are main story quests which means that I cannot progress any further. Gamebreaking bug and I really hope devs will prioritize this. 40h+ played

Sad to hear that you are in the exact same spot as me. Haven't played the game for 3 weeks now, not a single answer from support since a month.

This thread has so little activity I'm not even sure they will fix this in the near future. I f you really want to play the game, I suggest you start over, even though I didn't have the force to do it myself. I'll probably do it in a few months when the game will be better.

All... FYI. You can get past "Gimme Danger" if you just start to assault the facility you are tasked to spy on. Takemura will end up calling you to talk when you enter the area and it will skip over the Gimme Danger mission.

1 month later and still no news on the issue on Ghost Town quest etc ...

It's way more than Ghost Town. I've come across many missions that don't work because of the scanner.

Find Delemans cabs does not work, identify the bodies, ritual quest, the problem with Ghost Town is that is a main storyline quest that can't be passed without the scanner working, unlike Gimme Danger.

I already pass those quest . if it @ a town is panam need to ambush bad guy for take her car back :0
there is no issue. You just need to scan in excatly . But I am on pc . If you on ps5 or other thing. so I am no idea about it :v

cheer

It's way more than Ghost Town. I've come across many missions that don't work because of the scanner.

Find Delemans cabs does not work, identify the bodies, ritual quest, the problem with Ghost Town is that is a main storyline quest that can't be passed without the scanner working, unlike Gimme Danger.

That's what I was implied in the "etc..." :)

I already pass those quest . if it @ a town is panam need to ambush bad guy for take her car back :0
there is no issue. You just need to scan in excatly . But I am on pc . If you on ps5 or other thing. so I am no idea about it :v

cheer

Dude, if it's working for you, good. But that doesn't mean that this gamebreaking bug does not exist.

Every person in this thread besides you can't continue the game because of it.

Undaunted- well, okay, maybe daunted, but still stubbornly clinging to hope about it- by the fact that this bug wasn't mentioned in the 1.1 patch notes, I installed the update and loaded up my trust old Gimme Danger save with Takemura on the Balcony (with the candlestick) and... bupkus. It wasn't secretly fixed. Issue remains open and I guess I'm waiting for the next patch again.

This must be a joke. They are fixing bugs that are way less important that are not even concerning the main quest. One month and counting that I can't play the game with no aknowledgment or answer from the support.
Post automatically merged:

I just loaded my savegame in the main quest "Ghost Town", nothing changed, same issue.

Last edited:
Same Problem here on PS5 Patch 1.1. I have 3 Missions which I can't complete because the game doesn't recognize that I've scanned the clue. The Missions are:
- Life during wartime
- bloody ritual
- going-away party
What I've noticed is that the information window pop up for a split second when you move the marker over the edge of an object or body

For me scanning sometimes count sometimes don't. Probably a weird bug that is really annoying though...

Okay all... FIXED!

Thanks to Ashka from support for providing me this!

Workaround:
  1. Find Gilchrist's corpse, approach it and trigger Johnny's comment about it.
  2. Once you do it, clue-scanning should again work correctly.

I just tried this, teleported to Ghost Town and the scanner works again! YEAHHHH!!

thumbnail_Screenshot_1606.jpg
thumbnail_Screenshot_1607.jpg

Perhaps it would help if you upload savegames so people could check if you really have a bugged game or bad luck in selecting objects for scanning.

In the ambush part with Panam where you had to search for working devices, there are only 2-3 around the place i think that trigger the quest, one of them is a power generator or a car wreck.

At the drone scaning of the APV crash after EMP for save Mitch and Scorpian i had problems myself to find all the objects. If you move the camera in the right angle so that the drone keeps flying you sometimes only get able to see certain objects to progress.

Okay all... FIXED!

Thanks to Ashka from support for providing me this!

Workaround:
  1. Find Gilchrist's corpse, approach it and trigger Johnny's comment about it.
  2. Once you do it, clue-scanning should again work correctly.

I just tried this, teleported to Ghost Town and the scanner works again! YEAHHHH!!

View attachment 11157998View attachment 11158001

Absolutely amazingly, this has also worked for me! I have no idea why this was causing an issue, but Ghost Town seems to be working now as well as Raymond Chandler's Evening!

Top Bottom