What Voice Actors Do You Want to See (Hear?) In-Game?

+
What Voice Actors Do You Want to See (Hear?) In-Game?

Everyone has favorite voice actors, just curious as to who you'd like to see bring your NPCs to life.

[video=youtube;Z-tTBlGc860]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-tTBlGc860[/video]

I can't actually find the name of the person who does Marvelous Chester's voice, but hot damn, if that isn't the smoothest voice I've ever heard in a game, I don't know what is.

My dream team of voices I wanna hear are: Christopher Watkins, Bruce Willis, Henry Rollins, Peter Collins, Hugo Weaving, Samual L. Jackson, GOD..I mean Morgan Freeman and Ron Perlman to name a few.

Marvelous Chester is pretty awesome, I'll give you that. Charming voice to say the least :)

I've got so many voice actors I'd like to see, it's not even funny. Steve Blum, Keith David, Jean Gilpin, Debbi Mae West, David Hayter, Wendee Lee, Dave Fennoy, Johnny Yong Bosch, Ike Amadi, Terence Carson, Doug Cockle, Mark Frost, Mark Lewis Jones, Eiry Hughes, Nicholas Boulton, Joanna Roth, Brian Bloom, Gideon Emery, Jon Curry, Brandon Keener, Liz (Ash) S'roka.

Yeah, I make a mental note everytime I hear a distinct voice and/or a competent actor. Been doing some acting myself and shit so. Yeah... Anyway, there are way more that I'd love to include but I'm trying to keep my list under a millennia long.

I think it's almost an obligation for Steve Blum to be in the game. He is in so many games and animes. So I have to also throw in Jennifer Hale.

If you wanna throw those two in to the mix then I'll have to be the one to toss my boy Johnny Yong Bosch into the mix. Man of a million or just 2 voices.

And let me hit this from out of left field for a voice actor...Micheal Winslow, the man of a billion sound effects.

Micheal Winslow, the man of a billion sound effects.
...WOW. Kickin' it WAY old school. =p

If we're dreaming of celebrity voice-overs: James Earl Jones.

I'd expect that (or any other big-name Hollywood celeb) to blow up the production budget to absurd amounts, so I won't hold out hope for any A-List actors doing voice work for this (or really, most any other) game.

Well, since they're in damn-well everything else, I gotta throw in with voting for Tara Strong and Grey DeLisle.

Oh, and of course have Mike Pondsmith as a recurring radio announcer or something.

No celebrities please.

I agree completely. There are lots of great voice actors out there who aren't celebrities; I'd rather CDPR not use their funds to hire celebrities when they could use that money to make a better game.

Plus, big celebrities often come with big egos. Lesser-known voice actors are more likely to follow the writers' script as written and to take direction. ;)

I've loved Jim Cummings as Minsc, Doug Cockle as Geralt, Steve Valentine as Alistair, Peter Marinker as Thaler and Zoltan, and Claudia Black as Morrigan in other video games, so I'd love to see them in the new game. I've also enjoyed hating David Warner as Jon Irenicus; I'd look forward to hating him again. :p

And Mike Pondsmith has a GREAT voice. I don't know if he can act, but he should at least have an important cameo, and if he CAN act, then a major role.

He gets a lot of unfair hate for being in everything, but I really like Nolan North's voice. Although Troy Baker is a good substitute as well. Gideon Emery is also great. Adam Lazarre-White, who played Jacob in Mass Effect. For females, I really like Ali Hillis and Jo Wyatt, who played lady Hawke in Dragon Age II. Claudia Black is always great also. Kari Wahlgren.

I think honestly, that CDPR should focus on characters first, and matching those characters to interesting voices second.

We really don't want Mass Effect here. We are hoping for a gritty, immersive game, which means that we want as few recognizable voices as possible, with the maximum quality of voice acting, and the entire focus being on the characters driving the story, and not the voices driving the characters.

Top Bottom