Was last gen a mistake?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
i think cp2077 is just incredible on pc
its a shame others didnt get the chance to experience the game the way i did

yes, i think the last gen release was a mistake
Aah I really like this statement, but not for the reasons one might think.
Why would you assume I didn't have an equally great experience just because I mainly play on PS4? I still have a great experience. Hell I also own a copy on PC... Yet I prefer playing it on PS (the driving handles better even on PS imo)
Post automatically merged:

I totally disagree with some of the stuff here. No, CP77 could and should run on PS4 no problem. Games better than it run on PS4 no problem. The problem is that the game supposedly misses about 2 years of development. So it runs how it runs. And the fact that next gen launched and CDPR didn't have those two years is no excuse. They should have started working on it when they announced it (2012), not 4 years later (2016), and then not waste so much time on making fancy demos and trailers and promo material (up until 2018) but do the actual work from the very beginning.

Some of these discussions are like analyzing and criticizing a painting which hasn't been put half the paint on yet. CP77 is an unfinished product that should have never been released like this NO MATTER WHAT. That's all there is to it.
I find myself in agreement with this also.
And, as I have stated earlier. No I dont think its a mistake that they made it for PS4/Xone.
I do think they made mistakes in how they approached everything surrounding it. This includes adverts, PR, Devtime/Devdirection etc.

Hi. I ve stop reading posts after page 3 ,sorry.
But what do u called "last gen"??? At christmas time, from wikipedia sources ,there were 50 millions of xbox one, 120 of ps4 ,n more or less 3.5 of xbox serie n 4.5 ps5 all around the world. Something new doesn t make something current old. It s new.
Xbox one X ,or elite, n ps4 pro are very few in the number of xbox one n ps 4 park, n have different component inside,so u can t estimate than if a gameplay footage for current device show some pro or elite gameplay with label xbox one or ps4 ,it s not a scam

Still from wikipedia, production of cyberpunk cost 300 millions of $ .

it received eight million pre-orders on all platforms, of which 74% were digital, n make
$609 million in digital sales as of 31 December 2020 (wikipedia).
I ve read somewhere (sorry) than 10 millions where sold on PC, I don t know what % they get from it,but can estimate that they get refund from their production cost.
Why do they have to release it on current device? For benefit! PC games get hacked very soon,so no more sale n benefit to come,n too few xbox serie n ps5 consummers (new generation of clients enslaved)

[...]
In their newest console,they remove the cd=>no more second hand market for clients,n they ll have monopoly of the game sell and price
[/URL]
[/URL]
[/URL]
[/URL]

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi. I ve stop reading posts after page 3 ,sorry.
But what do u called "last gen"??? At christmas time, from wikipedia sources ,there were 50 millions of xbox one, 120 of ps4 ,n more or less 3.5 of xbox serie n 4.5 ps5 all around the world. Something new doesn t make something current old. It s new.
Xbox one X ,or elite, n ps4 pro are very few in the number of xbox one n ps 4 park, n have different component inside,so u can t estimate than if a gameplay footage for current device show some pro or elite gameplay with label xbox one or ps4 ,it s not a scam

Still from wikipedia, production of cyberpunk cost 300 millions of $ .

it received eight million pre-orders on all platforms, of which 74% were digital, n make
$609 million in digital sales as of 31 December 2020 (wikipedia).
I ve read somewhere (sorry) than 10 millions where sold on PC, I don t know what % they get from it,but can estimate that they get refund from their production cost.
Why do they have to release it on current device? For benefit! PC games get hacked very soon,so no more sale n benefit to come,n too few xbox serie n ps5 consummers (new generation of clients enslaved)

[...]
In their newest console,they remove the cd=>no more second hand market for clients,n they ll have monopoly of the game sell and price
[/URL]
[/URL]
[/URL]
[/URL]
What's last gen? Simple. Since PS5 and XSX have been released, PS4 and Xbone are last gen. The number of units currently in circulation doesn't matter to the definition. At all. Last gen and next gen are only about HW generation. Nothing more, nothing less.

Why should they have released it only for next gen and PC? Because last gen HW is totally obsolete and inadequate for the game that they presumably had in mind when they made all those teasers, interviews, etc. When last gen was released, their HW was already worse than the PCs of their era. Meanwhile, PS5 and XSX HWs are actually more or less on par with the average "modern" PCs of today.

Releasing for last-gen means that CDPR would need to tone down or flat out remove some parts of their original ambition to allow obsolete last-gen HW to even play the game. This means that there must be ideas and features, that we could've gotten in the game had they not needed to care about last-gen's obsolete HW, that got scrapped because of this.

On top of that, since the game is clearly developed with PCs in mind before getting ported to next-gen and then last-gen, it just (imho) unecessarily adds workload and dev-time for them. Time that they could've used to iron out the bugs and polish the game on PCs and next-gen and make the game release in a much better state in general.

So yeah, money-wise, sure, releasing for last-gen is not a mistake. But development, features, bugs, etc. wise? It definitely was a mistake. A lot of the problems and bad press they had and have been having today can be traced to them wanting to release for the obsolete last-gen HW.

Last edited:
What's last gen? Simple. Since PS5 and XSX have been released, PS4 and Xbone are last gen. The number of units currently in circulation doesn't matter to the definition. At all. Last gen and next gen are only about HW generation. Nothing more, nothing less.

Why should they have released it only for next gen and PC? Because last gen HW is totally obsolete and inadequate for the game that they presumably had in mind when they made all those teasers, interviews, etc. When last gen was released, their HW was already worse than the PCs of their era. Meanwhile, PS5 and XSX HWs are actually more or less on par with the average "modern" PCs of today.

Releasing for last-gen means that CDPR would need to tone down or flat out remove some parts of their original ambition to allow obsolete last-gen HW to even play the game. This means that there must be ideas and features, that we could've gotten in the game had they not needed to care about last-gen's obsolete HW, that got scrapped because of this.

On top of that, since the game is clearly developed with PCs in mind before getting ported to next-gen and then last-gen, it just (imho) unecessarily adds workload and dev-time for them. Time that they could've used to iron out the bugs and polish the game on PCs and next-gen and make the game release in a much better state in general.

So yeah, money-wise, sure, releasing for last-gen is not a mistake. But development, features, bugs, etc. wise? It definitely was a mistake. A lot of the problems and bad press they had and have been having today can be traced to them wanting to release for the obsolete last-gen HW.
look at what " current use "mean in any dictionnary u d like,or common use if u prefer. There s new stuff,old stuff, and in between current/common stuff
U can also look at wikipedia video game console, and planned obsolescence
In its interview realized here, the CDPR CEO talk about the new engine they choose to use (3 years ago ?) only because of stream trouble they had,nothing more. They could have use an usual engine to release the game on current console, with no trouble.

Take a look also at wikipedia cyberpunk 2077 history, instead of peddle some rumors, please,coming from your thought n belief about what have been done, n use your thought n beliefs for future after learning from past

Last edited:
I disagree, it's called marketing.

They showed the game run on a PS4 Pro and an Xbox One X nothing less nothing more, the rest is whatever you want to interject in it.

They were wrong in not presenting the state of the game on the base consoles for which they firmly offered refunds to regardless of the time one spent on the game.

Which is not a standard industry practice even though it should be in the context of a game being perceivably unsuitable for it's expected customer experience, so I personally commend CDPR for doing so to their own detriment - having the game ultimately removed from the Playstation Store.

I cannot defend the practice, but I can at least partly credit the attempt at reconciliation.

It's basically holding a nuanced and balanced view of the situation without jumping to any hyperbole.
it's still false advertising in my book and the last time that happened was for Mass Effect 3 and ACM.

look at what " current use "mean in any dictionnary u d like,or common use if u prefer. There s new stuff,old stuff, and in between current/common stuff
U can also look at wikipedia video game console, and planned obsolescence
In its interview realized here, the CDPR CEO talk about the new engine they choose to use (3 years ago ?) only because of stream trouble they had,nothing more. They could have use an usual engine to release the game on current console, with no trouble.

Take a look also at wikipedia cyberpunk 2077 history, instead of peddle some rumors, please,coming from your thought n belief about what have been done, n use your thought n beliefs for future after learning from past

Instead of endlessly shifting the goalposts, what about you just google "next gen consoles" and "last gen consoles" and see what pops up. The meanings of the terms are clear. Everyone uses them the same way. You don't get to decide what it means just to fit your narrative.

Also, you are the one who needs to learn the history of C77's promises/ideas, etc. You are mixing up the "stream trouble" issue Marcin Iwinski said with something else entirely.

In the video where they adressed the botched release, he clearly said that they had this "streaming problem" because the PS4 and XBONE's drives aren't fast enough for C77. Why? Last gen still uses HDD, on top of the aging hardware, while modern PCs and PS5 + XSX use SSDs. So, they couldn't port the game to last gen as easily as they thought and they had to improve the streaming system of their engine to solve said "streaming problem". Not change engines. This contributes greatly to the delays and why the game was not as polished as it should be on release.

The engine itself is not changed because of said problem. The game uses RedEngine 4, which is the next iteration of RedEngine 3 (TW3's engine) that supports ray tracing on top of general performance improvements and making the game viable in first person view.

So no, they don't use an entirely different engine. Nor is the "streaming problem" the main reason they switched to RE4. Nor could they use their "usual engine", which is RE3 to make C77 as they envisioned it.

Get your info actually right instead of just endlessly moving the goalposts, pulling unrelated wikipedia articles, and trying to make your own definition of "last gen" and "next gen".

Last edited:

GerhardA

[...] what u call next gen is said 9 gen by specialized people. Dreamcast was next at her time,and it fail because of few clients and software editors buy it or invest on it.​

There s confusion between current ,old ,last and obsolete. When u say next gen ,it create confusion n suggest to others that current gen could be last gen and it s time to change . Then people start to talk as current gen as last gen or old gen ,n mix it create confusion .
What is old doesn t mean obsolete, obsolete is when it s not use anymore...
When there s a new stuff on the market,u can buy it ,or not. If too much people buy it ,n what is/was current isn t supported anymore by software editor or clients ,it could become obsolete.
It seem u don t know what is programmed obsolescence, and also why productor and distributor of console, the owner of their component patent ,and some partners have interest of it.or are interested that current gen become last gen
If u had read a little the link i GIVE u for your knowledge, we could have save precious time , that those which written these article give to us ,bless them, but u prefer we talk for nothing,so let s go
CEO in his appologies talk about stream trouble because of too much object at screen ,n raam isn t enought. Why do they need so much object at screen ?to craft more ??what kind of stream he talk about ?stream from console on tv ,or stream for streamer while playing n diffusing their channel...
Raytracing,who cares about raytracing ,or 8k 4k tv, 120 framerates etc. Console is not a PC ,don t need new graphics every 2 years because softwares investor need to sell new graphics cards ,new PC screen or electronics component etc... because game is hack n they only get few benefit from it. TV is made to watch tv ,in family ,for movies series sports documentary .no need raytracing etc for this,most of when u work ,take care of childs,feed ,wash yourself, have fun with friends, sleep, n spend 2 hours at max behind tv.
Blablabla...what s next,back... So cyberpunk started in 2012 if u read link given before ,announced for xbox one n playstation 4 etc ...read ,enought ,u waste my time for nothing.They know programming,but they choose programmed obsolescence
[...]

Last edited by a moderator:
In the video where they adressed the botched release, he clearly said that they had this "streaming problem" because the PS4 and XBONE's drives aren't fast enough for C77. Why? Last gen still uses HDD, on top of the aging hardware, while modern PCs and PS5 + XSX use SSDs. So, they couldn't port the game to last gen as easily as they thought and they had to improve the streaming system of their engine to solve said "streaming problem". Not change engines. This contributes greatly to the delays and why the game was not as polished as it should be on release.
This excuse makes no sense since for the bulk of the game's development and up until the next gen update, the console version was developed in full knowledge of what the consoles are/are not capable of and the fact that they rely on HDD hardware that was always considered a bottleneck even when the consoles first released. The fault lies with CDPR.

it's still false advertising in my book and the last time that happened was for Mass Effect 3 and ACM.
Now I agree with this in principle but it really isn't false advertising when the gameplay was clearly labeled second gen consoles.

The fact is that by not showing first gen console gameplay is misleading by omission, perhaps nefariously or perhaps they really thought they could have somewhat remedied the situation come launch day patch.

Which was not the case sadly.

This excuse makes no sense since for the bulk of the game's development and up until the next gen update, the console version was developed in full knowledge of what the consoles are/are not capable of and the fact that they rely on HDD hardware that was always considered a bottleneck even when the consoles first released. The fault lies with CDPR.
Well yeah, I'm not excusing CDPR's behavior. I'm telling the guy I replied to that a.) They didn't switch engines because of the streaming problem and b.) The streaming problem was not caused by the engine but by the technological gap between last-gen and next-gen + PC. Because that is what he said. Maybe reread my entire reply first ;)
Post automatically merged:

GerhardA

[...] what u call next gen is said 9 gen by specialized people. Dreamcast was next at her time,and it fail because of few clients and software editors buy it or invest on it.​

There s confusion between current ,old ,last and obsolete. When u say next gen ,it create confusion n suggest to others that current gen could be last gen and it s time to change . Then people start to talk as current gen as last gen or old gen ,n mix it create confusion .
What is old doesn t mean obsolete, obsolete is when it s not use anymore...
When there s a new stuff on the market,u can buy it ,or not. If too much people buy it ,n what is/was current isn t supported anymore by software editor or clients ,it could become obsolete.
It seem u don t know what is programmed obsolescence, and also why productor and distributor of console, the owner of their component patent ,and some partners have interest of it.or are interested that current gen become last gen
If u had read a little the link i GIVE u for your knowledge, we could have save precious time , that those which written these article give to us ,bless them, but u prefer we talk for nothing,so let s go
CEO in his appologies talk about stream trouble because of too much object at screen ,n raam isn t enought. Why do they need so much object at screen ?to craft more ??what kind of stream he talk about ?stream from console on tv ,or stream for streamer while playing n diffusing their channel...
Raytracing,who cares about raytracing ,or 8k 4k tv, 120 framerates etc. Console is not a PC ,don t need new graphics every 2 years because softwares investor need to sell new graphics cards ,new PC screen or electronics component etc... because game is hack n they only get few benefit from it. TV is made to watch tv ,in family ,for movies series sports documentary .no need raytracing etc for this,most of when u work ,take care of childs,feed ,wash yourself, have fun with friends, sleep, n spend 2 hours at max behind tv.
Blablabla...what s next,back... So cyberpunk started in 2012 if u read link given before ,announced for xbox one n playstation 4 etc ...read ,enought ,u waste my time for nothing.They know programming,but they choose programmed obsolescence
[...]
You're making a strawman argument here. The definition of last- and next-gen as I said it is widely accepted in the field, the media, and the community. Whether you want to call PS5 + XSX "next-gen" or "current-gen", it doesn't matter. PS4 + XBONE are now still "last-gen". PS4 + XBONE are not "current gen". Them being the most widely available generation of console today doesn't suddenly make them "current gen". They're still "last gen". People just can't buy PS5 + XSX because of scalper and supply issues. And "generation" still refers to the HARDWARE, not popularity. Neither you, nor I, can't make your own definition and expect it to be accepted by everyone. We are not the authority in the naming convention of "console generations".

The definition of obsolete is literally "no longer produced or used; out of date." Most PS4 and XBONE models are currently discontinued. They are no longer in production. Their hardware is by all definition "out of date". Or do you want to tell me that it is not "out of date" when the PS5 and XSX and their hardware specs exist? PS4 + XBONE literally meets 2/3 definitions of being obsolete. Heck, they basically meet the whole definition since the definition used or instead of and to connect "no longer produced" and "no longer used". And yes, people can still use obsolete technology when they can't buy "modern" technology due to various reasons. It still doesn't change the fact that PS4 + XBONE are old tech and are now, by definition, obsolete.

It seems I don't know "programmed obsolescence" and "planned obsolescence"? LOL. I work in the tech industry. I know those two terms exactly. I would agree about "programmed obsolescence", if this case is similar to when Apple used software updates to make older iPhones slower to entice people to buy new iPhones.

BUT THIS IS NOT EXACTLY THE SAME CASE. In this industry, new gen generally means better tech specs and performance. I mean, why would people buy the next generation of products, if they don't have better performance? New apps and games, especially AAA titles like C77, are developed mostly with the performance of the latest available tech in mind because they want to push the boundaries of their own field. This means, newer games like C77 would need more computational power, bandwith, etc. compared to previous generation of games.

Can you guess what this means? Yep. Older consoles like the PS4 + XBONE are naturally going to eventually become obsolete because their hardware just can't provide the necessary performance. Just like when PS4 + XBONE made PS3 + X360 obsolete, now it's their turn to become obsolete. In this case, it's not really "programmed obsolescence". It's just a natural cycle in the tech world. Things just eventually get obsolete as newer, better products hit the shelf.

Judging from the paragraph where you talk about the CEO, it's blatantly clear that you don't have the slightest clue of what you're talking about. The "streaming problem" is caused by the game having (in your words) "too much object at screen" and "Raytracing,who cares about raytracing ,or 8k 4k tv, 120 framerates etc." These things are necessary because they wanted to push the boundaries of game making. They don't want to just reskin old games like EA with FIFA, Madden, etc. They want to make their game as immersive as possible. Also, the CEO said they have bandwith problem due to last-gen's HW restrictions. Bandwith doesn't necessarily mean only RAM. It includes storage drives (HDD vs SSD) and all other parts the HW has. And last-gen is inferior in every single part compared to next-gen and PC.

And this comes back to what I said earlier. When AAA titles like C77 are developed, they are developed with the next-gen's HW performance in mind. Because otherwise game studios can't innovate, stagnate, and eventually die out.

The fact that you don't understand what he meant with "streaming" is another blatant evidence that you don't know what you're talking about and are just pulling Wikipedia articles to lend yourself some fake credibility. What he meant with "streaming" is not "video streaming" like on Twitch or something. He is talking about the process of loading assets from the storage drive (HDD/SSD) to the RAM (or straight to the CPU/GPU or loading it from the RAM if they are already there), then making it avaliable for the CPU and GPU to use to show you the game, and then storing some assets back to the RAM (if they are used often) or back to the storage (if they are used less often). This happens in real-time as your character moves through the world because they don't want to have loading screens.

As you can see, this entire process depends a lot on how large the bandwith your hardware has. In this case the speed of the storage (HDD/SSD), RAM, GPU, and CPU play a large role. Any one of the parts are too slow? Let's say the HDD or RAM of last gen? Too bad. You now have a bottleneck and your game will lag even if your CPU or GPU still have headroom.

And guess what? Consoles are basically just small form-factor PCs in a box with parts that you can't change. It still has CPU, GPU, RAM, storage, PSU, etc. like PCs. So yes, consoles DO eventually get obsolete and too weak for the latest games. And unlike PCs, you can't switch parts and keep your console up to date. Which is why a lot of PC gamers used to get extremely annoyed at console gamers because they hinder progress due to the fact that their HW can't be kept up to date like PCs. At least until today with PS5 and XSX having specs near the best PCs available today.

And no, TVs are not "made to watch tv ,in family ,for movies series sports documentary .no need raytracing etc for this." TVs just display the image signals your console or PC sends to it. Raytracing happens in the console/PC. Image signals are image signals. So this is just another strawman argument from you.

So, instead of calling people names, pulling Wikipedia articles, and making arguments without having the slightest clue of what you're talking about, what about you actually learn the topic you are talking about first AND GET IT RIGHT. Because when you do these things and you actually meet someone who knows the topic better than you you'll just look like a clown and embarass yourself.

Last edited:
Not trying to flame here, but from where I'm sitting the ps4 is still current gen because the ps5 isn't available. I'm willing to put money on the fact that cp2077 will be back on the ps store before I get the opportunity to buy one too.

Not trying to flame here, but from where I'm sitting the ps4 is still current gen because the ps5 isn't available. I'm willing to put money on the fact that cp2077 will be back on the ps store before I get the opportunity to buy one too.

You make what is, in the end, maybe the most cogent point. PS4 and Xbone are still the current gen for the vast, vast majority of users.

You make what is, in the end, maybe the most cogent point. PS4 and Xbone are still the current gen for the vast, vast majority of users.

but, missing the other point, ps4 is actually not even the latest ps4. ps4pro is actually the latest which has more ram available, better processors, etc. And ps4 pro has better performance.

but, missing the other point, ps4 is actually not even the latest ps4. ps4pro is actually the latest which has more ram available, better processors, etc. And ps4 pro has better performance.
There aren't very many ps4 pro out there, They weren't worth the investment. The gains were minimal and didn't even really improve the vr performance. I like most ps4 gamers decided to wait for the ps5

Is a bit like buying a face-lift car model...

There aren't very many ps4 pro out there, They weren't worth the investment. The gains were minimal and didn't even really improve the vr performance. I like most ps4 gamers decided to wait for the ps5

Is a bit like buying a face-lift car model...

I'm not saying people should by ps4pro, I'm pointing out that ps4 is actually not the best ps4 out there, and while those differences are only noticeable in ambitious games, they are noticeable. ps4pro,has less crashes, higher frame rates, higher resolution and loads textures faster. Ps4 is really limiting, it was mid range when it was released, which is why they released ps4pro mid cycle.

I get why they had to release to base games, but there is a higher cost in terms of time and limits to the game design that comes with. They probably should have hired another company and/or spent another year/6 months creating that one, with a staggered release. Unless players are willing to put up with a weak port. Which apparently they are not.

looks like the earliest this is getting rereleased to ps4 is 3 months, so with hindsight, we can say that ps4 development is clearly time/resource intensive, and requires significantly more time to work with.

I'm not saying people should by ps4pro, I'm pointing out that ps4 is actually not the best ps4 out there, and while those differences are only noticeable in ambitious games, they are noticeable. ps4pro,has less crashes, higher frame rates, higher resolution and loads textures faster. Ps4 is really limiting, it was mid range when it was released, which is why they released ps4pro mid cycle.

I get why they had to release to base games, but there is a higher cost in terms of time and limits to the game design that comes with. They probably should have hired another company and/or spent another year/6 months creating that one, with a staggered release. Unless players are willing to put up with a weak port. Which apparently they are not.

looks like the earliest this is getting rereleased to ps4 is 3 months, so with hindsight, we can say that ps4 development is clearly time/resource intensive, and requires significantly more time to work with.
I don't disagree with you on the staggered release or a slightly nerfed port being appropriate, I've said as much myself.
But on the Pro, most games don't make proper use of the boosted clock speed so the actual gameplay gains aren't that great and unless you have a 4k tv the graphics advantage isn't noticeable, I had a long hard look at one in store when they came out. The extra gig of ram probably does reduce crashes, but they don't happen that often on a phat ps4 anyway. I will however fork out for a ps5 and probably a 4k tv fairly soon after.

Even then though I won't begrudge studios still releasing games for ps4.
My point was that the ps / xbox vs PC argument isn't really valid. It isn't the consoles fault that the game wasn't optimised appropriately, or that the vision wasn't realised. The reality is that without ps4 and xbox one sales the game probably wouldn't have a sufficient revenue forecast to be produced in the first place.
Even on PC no triple A budget is ever going to be fully paid for by the 3080 i7 crowd it needs to run on some kids mom's laptop too.

Well yeah, I'm not excusing CDPR's behavior. I'm telling the guy I replied to that a.) They didn't switch engines because of the streaming problem and b.) The streaming problem was not caused by the engine but by the technological gap between last-gen and next-gen + PC. Because that is what he said. Maybe reread my entire reply first
No need to get cute, I did read your post, hence my reply. I understand that you were responding to another poster, but your comment still looks like a validation of the lack of polish and delay which makes no sense as the capabilities of the consoles were known at the start. The streaming problem is caused by CDPR not managing the project properly. Shouldn't be making games in such a way that they are going to be next to impossible to get running on target hardware. It's poor form.

I don't disagree with you on the staggered release or a slightly nerfed port being appropriate, I've said as much myself.
But on the Pro, most games don't make proper use of the boosted clock speed so the actual gameplay gains aren't that great and unless you have a 4k tv the graphics advantage isn't noticeable, I had a long hard look at one in store when they came out. The extra gig of ram probably does reduce crashes, but they don't happen that often on a phat ps4 anyway. I will however fork out for a ps5 and probably a 4k tv fairly soon after.

Even then though I won't begrudge studios still releasing games for ps4.
My point was that the ps / xbox vs PC argument isn't really valid. It isn't the consoles fault that the game wasn't optimised appropriately, or that the vision wasn't realised. The reality is that without ps4 and xbox one sales the game probably wouldn't have a sufficient revenue forecast to be produced in the first place.
Even on PC no triple A budget is ever going to be fully paid for by the 3080 i7 crowd it needs to run on some kids mom's laptop too.

I think the question is essentially, was it a mistake to have an initial release planned for almost all systems at once. I think looking at the results right now, it doesn't look like much was gained, and a lot was lost by doing it that way.

I mean witcher 3 came out on switch, eventually. They could have dropped ps4/xboxone 6-12 months after pc, and probably made a better game for both releases, and made the same or more money in the long run, with less bad press.

well maybe they couldn't, got no idea what contracts or agreements or forces were going on behind the scenes.

that said, if I was a ps4/xboxone player I personally would prefer the game come out as it did, and be in the same development cycle. I don't trust delayed ports, and I'm not a fan of waiting longer. Sometimes it never comes, or you don't get all the same content. However, looks like most other ps4/xbox players say they d be fine if the game was delayed.

No need to get cute, I did read your post, hence my reply. I understand that you were responding to another poster, but your comment still looks like a validation of the lack of polish and delay which makes no sense as the capabilities of the consoles were known at the start. The streaming problem is caused by CDPR not managing the project properly. Shouldn't be making games in such a way that they are going to be next to impossible to get running on target hardware. It's poor form.
Well, if that's how you understood my comment, then the problem lies with your poor sentence understanding skills and not my comment lmao

Ask to yourself ,why have they made this game for the most upgrades PC , ps5 n serie SX at first? They sell more or less 10 millions of copy at release to PC which games get hacked very soon after release on the market so no more sell to come from it, and there were only 8 millions of ps5 and xbox series sold at christmas time.Production cost 313 millions of $, sale made 600 millions for those who get money from this industry.
who were the famous investors we each time ear about after a broken game is release ?
How to programme obsolescence and people agreed with it ?
How to peddle rumors to the mass public?
What are the meaning of words and how could u manipulate them and suggest to people than their device become suddenly outdated
Who sponsors streamer ,youtubers ,news
Who get benefit at the end

If they wanted to release a proper game as they should have done for ps4 and xbox one,they would have done it.Witcher 3 is the evidence. Gta5, mad max,mgs5,AC origin... 4 open world which have better graphics and less technical issues at release than this game.they knew technical limits of ps4 and xbox one. If they really wanted to make a game for it,they should have program for it at first ,n after make some optimisation for ps5 n serieSX ,like gta5 on its time ,or make 2 different software (one sold for ps4 xbox one, one sold for ps5 and serieSX as gta5 on its time).But they do reverse .
Also ,what makes a game good?gameplay ,immersion, story .graphics at end. Gameplay from gunfight n driving are very bad for a shooter ,driving n running same bad sensation ,immersion because of so much technical issues very disapointed ,n graphics too .Only stay the story but i ve stop playing after refunding the one who made me credits for visual implant in the story, n got refund too...
Have u read hotfix,patch,updates note since release?It s evident they didn t make any quality assurance test before release ,nor play with their software. Of course,there were Covid, but they only need a chair,a desk,a compute,and their so expensive talent to work at home.To prevent from Covid,they need mask,not flask.
They choose this,u can discus about new gen,last gen,old gen,next gen ,of device,clients,industry,society,busyness,whatever u want, but it s evident they (microsoft for sure which fire its employe to bot instead and free ambassador to regulate its clients service)planed an programmed obsolescence,for devices at first,then human because of mecanics before,IA software now ,for more n more benefit and power.What progress mean if it use to control and enslave people more and more to technologic n services when others dying under your windows because of it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom